RIP Queen Elizabeth Has Passed

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is a good question. We need to find out what exactly it was that Elizabeth knew, and how badly Obama wanted to keep it suppressed.

Only 7 more royals need to die in order for prince Andrew to become king and clear his good name of any sexual misconduct allegations. That kind of thing is on the Clinton kid's menu, almost embarrassingly pedestrian.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Only 7 more royals need to die in order for prince Andrew to become king and clear his good name of any sexual misconduct allegations. That kind of thing is on the Clinton kid's menu, almost embarrassingly pedestrian.

Tell me about it. I mean, do the Clinton's even have any friends that lived?

NT1440

Power User
Reaction score
I'm fine with them throwing off the shackles, but would they be getting the attention and lucrative deals they are if they weren't part of the royal family? No. I believe there are royal family members from the past who left the family/tradition and completely fell off the public radar and didn't want the attention.
Oh gotcha, yea that’s entirely true.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
RIP your Majesty.

I ran into this and I hope it's not apocryphal. Love it anyway.

the quiet greeting.jpg

I remember as a child watching the late queen's coronation on TV (one of the first memorable news events I can remember learning about in that medium) and thinking how young she looked to be taking on a whole lifetime of meeting the demands of a duty to the crown. Of course I had no idea then what "a whole lifetime" of such duties might entail for her, and with any luck neither did she really.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Why screw them? Why not throw off these absurd shackles of tradition for tradition’s sake?

I have no problem with Harry and Megan rejecting the traditional and I would argue antiquated role of the royal family. The problem I see is the contradiction of wanting to reject tradition while also maintaining the benefits of royalty. And the claims of wanting privacy but continuously talking about their relationships with the rest of the royal institution. Even if we accept claims of racism of the royal family are true, there are so many objective lies and embellishments and refusals to name names, it’s not surprising people are suspect of the sensational claims that have been made.

I will also say when someone has essentially cut ties with everyone in their immediate family and in-laws, perhaps the problem is not everyone else.

As an American I think the entire royalty concept is nonsensical. But for those celebrating the Queen’s death I think are rather ignorant of history and beyond disrespectful. You can’t change history, you can’t change what family you were born into, and for all the faults of the British Monarchy, the Queen has done tremendous good and has lived an incredibly dignified life- not easy for someone in the public eye for as long as her. Britain is fortunate to have such a woman ceremonially lead their country for more than 70 years, especially when you look at other members of the family.

Top Bottom
1 2