Roe vs. Wade overturned

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
What’s going to happen to all these people who swear they interpret the constitution “as it was written” when they realize there were not 50 states mentioned in it? Will we have to dissolve states who didn’t exist at that time?
I've always said that those who claim to be "constitutionalists", are often telling you that what they mean is, what they select from the constitution should be considered as gospel. Otherwise suddenly as "constitutionalists" when they can't use the constitution to make their point, they are the best ones to "interpret" the constitution. Y'know, like the "interpretationists" they hate so much.

mollyc

seeker of light
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
Fujifilm
abortion isn’t mentioned in the constitution because a) it regards women and b) it was legal and relatively safe even for the time.

stripping away rights of basic contraception is crazy. as one half of a married couple who uses contraception i can’t fathom having to worry about getting pregnant in my late 40s. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Not to criticize after liking, but it isn't the dems who should be doing the pounding. :sneaky:

It's a f'n news show about reporting the news & supposedly getting at the truth. But CNN and the like can't even do that for fear of hurting their guests feelings. To quote some of that guest's loudest constituents "F' their feelings"! It's literally Tapper's job to drill down thru the bullshit. If he can't do that, nobody should watch him unless he's doing puff pieces. The dems as you say though should use such interviews to demonstrate that if one of these republicans is talking about anything abortion related, it should be assumed as a lie until they can prove otherwise. They've lost the "innocent until proven guilty" aspect when it comes to honest discussion about this topic and many more.

Back to what I was originally going to post.
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1522975927038316544/
I absolutely agree that the news hosts aren't doing their job when they don't ask hard follow-ups to non-sensical or incomplete answers. But I believe everyone should be pounding away as hard and as consistently as possible. Call them out for what they are. If I were running against Rand Paul, I'd flood the market with ads juxtaposing clips of him questioning support for Ukraine with video of death and destruction there. If I were running against MTG, I'd show clips of her claiming not remembering what she said about the insurrection with her actual statements and ask voters if they want someone who lies consistently representing them.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I absolutely agree that the news hosts aren't doing their job when they don't ask hard follow-ups to non-sensical or incomplete answers. But I believe everyone should be pounding away as hard and as consistently as possible. Call them out for what they are. If I were running against Rand Paul, I'd flood the market with ads juxtaposing clips of him questioning support for Ukraine with video of death and destruction there. If I were running against MTG, I'd show clips of her claiming not remembering what she said about the insurrection with her actual statements and ask voters if they want someone who lies consistently representing them.
Technically that is what many dems are doing. They just don't go as far as 'r's for fear of diving down to the depths of negativity that r's will do with their own like with Cawthorn. There's always a fine line that has to be thread by one side over the other, for fear of actually being no different than them. When elections become too negative it tends to turn off the voters the dems need, but not the r's.

One thing helpful would be if the news shows actually did their jobs with both parties, and both parties could use their own actual words in discussions.

This isn't a thing though. Which the r's demonstrated by deciding to NOT even do debates anymore on the pres level. The r's even hate moderators who ask tough questions that their candidates would then have to answer truthfully or get exposed on stage.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Technically that is what many dems are doing. They just don't go as far as 'r's for fear of diving down to the depths of negativity that r's will do with their own like with Cawthorn. There's always a fine line that has to be thread by one side over the other, for fear of actually being no different than them. When elections become too negative it tends to turn off the voters the dems need, but not the r's.

One thing helpful would be if the news shows actually did their jobs with both parties, and both parties could use their own actual words in discussions.

This isn't a thing though. Which the r's demonstrated by deciding to NOT even do debates anymore on the pres level. The r's even hate moderators who ask tough questions that their candidates would then have to answer truthfully or get exposed on stage.
When Terry McAuliffe uttered this phrase during a Virginia governor’s debate: “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach” - it was running in Glenn Youngkin ads CONSTANTLY starting the next day, all the way to the election.

Dems need to do exactly the same thing, and it’s not like it’s hard to get Republicans saying stupid or offensive stuff on tape. You could do a 5-minute commercial and still leave stuff on the cutting room floor.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
When Terry McAuliffe uttered this phrase during a Virginia governor’s debate: “I don’t think parents should be telling schools what they should teach” - it was running in Glenn Youngkin ads CONSTANTLY starting the next day, all the way to the election.

Dems need to do exactly the same thing, and it’s not like it’s hard to get Republicans saying stupid or offensive stuff on tape. You could do a 5-minute commercial and still leave stuff on the cutting room floor.
As I said though, that's how r's roll. For some it will be a badge of honor to take things so negative it makes any election seem like a muck fest. Because in a muck fest you can just make up shit, and deny the truth. It's harder I know, but dems still have to unfortunately be the "adults" in the room. I'm not saying NOT using their own words, but don't make that the sole focus. Dems really need to start hammering an 'r' on what they will actually do to fix a problem. Not fixing whether or not Curious George is too "woke", but how to actually bring new jobs, improve wages, etc. There's a reason why "culture wars" have become the 'r' crutch, it's because you don't actually have to say you're going to do the job you'll be elected to do. Hammer the f'ers with actually printing out a plan on how to fix an economy or infrastructure, instead of waiting for a Biden plan to take credit for after shouting it down. It ain't pretty. It ain't inspiring. But you don't actually have to be, the r's inspire ( some ) dems.

The real thing is that all of this is about motivating the base. Which the r's realized more than a decade, then learned painfully in the last election. So the game is who can motivate more, which number wise is the dems, which is why gerry mandering, suppression, and other laws are so important.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Imagine an America without abortion. Imagine America without contraceptives of any kind.

Do you have this pictured in your mind's eye? Is it a chaste, Godly America, filled to bursting with humble Christian citizens that take personal responsibility for their actions, and take bended knee to our Lord in Heaven?

It's beautiful, isn't it? This dream.

The reality of it will be gangs of feral 8 year olds with cold sores all over their mouths raiding your trash cans at 3AM for scraps.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Imagine an America without abortion. Imagine America without contraceptives of any kind.

Do you have this pictured in your mind's eye? Is it a chaste, Godly America, filled to bursting with humble Christian citizens that take personal responsibility for their actions, and take bended knee to our Lord in Heaven?

It's beautiful, isn't it? This dream.

The reality of it will be gangs of feral 8 year olds with cold sores all over their mouths raiding your trash cans at 3AM for scraps.

Phew. I was worried it would be the former. I would be terrified by more christians all over the place.

Renzatic

Reaction score
Phew. I was worried it would be the former. I would be terrified by more christians all over the place.

Sir, have you accepted Jesus Christ as your lord and savior?

I don't care if you're eating dinner right now. I need to know. Now.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
F' all that finally achieving that Christian idyllic America that didn't exist.

With the Domestic Infant supply chain in full effect, you can see why r's have been working on something else quietly.

Have a work force contained in adoption housing facilities allowed to learn about working min wage jobs 3 or 4 years before they are kicked out & forced to survive on min wages. Peddle the dream of "you can achieve anything you want", all the while having denied them the advantages, education, privileges, & wealth they will keep for their own children. Finally the real dream of the r's, a worker class grown for the jobs.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
F' all that finally achieving that Christian idyllic America that didn't exist.

With the Domestic Infant supply chain in full effect, you can see why r's have been working on something else quietly.

Have a work force contained in adoption housing facilities allowed to learn about working min wage jobs 3 or 4 years before they are kicked out & forced to survive on min wages. Peddle the dream of "you can achieve anything you want", all the while having denied them the advantages, education, privileges, & wealth they will keep for their own children. Finally the real dream of the r's, a worker class grown for the jobs.
Charles Dickens is rolling over in his grave. He wrote Oliver Twist to draw attention to the cruelty of making kids work (14 hour days when he was a kid). To think such a barbaric practice would reappear in the 21st century? Y’all-Qaeda is winning.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
As I said though, that's how r's roll. For some it will be a badge of honor to take things so negative it makes any election seem like a muck fest. Because in a muck fest you can just make up shit, and deny the truth.

But in McAuliffe's case, he said it. And it wasn't taken out of context.

So why was it out of bounds to use it?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Charles Dickens is rolling over in his grave. He wrote Oliver Twist to draw attention to the cruelty of making kids work (14 hour days when he was a kid). To think such a barbaric practice would reappear in the 21st century? Y’all-Qaeda is winning.
Actually the real belief of the Domestic Infant supply chain is that's intended for White children. The r's don't want you to consider what will happen to Black & Brown babies. It's all about some goof fantasy of "restocking" the dwindling White base, by not allowing those woman to abort their seed.
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1522739791640416256/

They instead would choose who's allowed birth control and who isn't. Yes, this the people who big gov't.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1523079556131098624/

So you can understand this has already been going on

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1522948229804937218/

According to their own words, these babies are needed to prop the baby count. But which portion is actually the dwindling portion of the U.S.? If you go by who the 'r's want to suppress in voting, who they will make voting easier for, it's not difficult to figure out.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1522700999525343233/

Also, not to kick anyone in the d-, but a thing to consider. Anyone upset abut this turn of events, but thought voting for HRC was too offensive...:rolleyes: Consider that if she had been president, we wouldn't have certain justices we do now. Sooo... congratz on that nose holding.

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
But in McAuliffe's case, he said it. And it wasn't taken out of context.

So why was it out of bounds to use it?
Just so I follow, can you quote where I specifically said any such thing about stuff in the VA election being taken out of context or out of bounds?

I thought what I said is that 'r's don't mind taking an election negative. Which is a general statement, we've seen happen in the past. Or as I point, even when it's not an election r's will turn on their own and take it negative as we see with Cawthorn.

Renzatic

Reaction score
It's like we're watching the Quiverfull movement is being legislated upon all of us here.

Got to have all these babies being pumped out uninterrupted. They'll be our soldiers in the future wars against evil.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Just do your nine and plop!

Kate McKinnon did a silly Amy Coney Barrett impression last night on SNL’s Weekend Update.

You’re a murderer if you have an abortion, but you’re not a murderer if you put a baby in a bag in mailbox and that tracks. Give it to a stork, who will give it to a lesbian,” she went on. “The lesbians would be happy because there’s more babies. So just do your nine and plop.”

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Just so I follow, can you quote where I specifically said any such thing about stuff in the VA election being taken out of context or out of bounds?

I thought what I said is that 'r's don't mind taking an election negative. Which is a general statement, we've seen happen in the past. Or as I point, even when it's not an election r's will turn on their own and take it negative as we see with Cawthorn.

Specifically, you didn't.

But I also don't think using a direct quote is going negative.

Top Bottom
1 2