Roe vs. Wade overturned

leman

Site Champ
Reaction score
Next they will go after birth control. Sterilisation is already pretty much impossible in many places from what I hear. I cannot fathom the stupidity and despicability of what is happening. So much to America, the land of freedom. Voter suppression, police unaccountability, now female slavery... where does this crap even come from?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Y'all should've voted for the Hill-dawg, just saying. 🤷‍♂️

Many Republicans voted for Trump for this reason alone. They're getting more for that vote than they ever could've imagined.
That and Democrats could fight it by stacking the courts, but they don't have the will or backbone for anything. They constantly get walked over and have their asses handed to them as a result.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
That and Democrats could fight it by stacking the courts, but they don't have the will or backbone for anything. They constantly get walked over and have their asses handed to them as a result.

And then expect people to vote for them after witnessing their nonstop ineffectual parade.

Their only selling point right now is that the Republican agenda is so over the top evil.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Next they will go after birth control. Sterilisation is already pretty much impossible in many places from what I hear. I cannot fathom the stupidity and despicability of what is happening. So much to America, the land of freedom. Voter suppression, police unaccountability, now female slavery... where does this crap even come from?
That is how we started the country. Some want to take us back to those days.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I remember back when Trump was elected some people on the left quite vocally removed their Republican friends from their lives without bothering to find out if that friend actually supported Trump. I imagine this ruling is going to cause another avalanche of that behavior, probably even more than the Trump separations.

When the issue was only Trump there was possibly a chance for a reconciliation, but since then the Republican party has said and done so many things that are grotesquely horrific to the left that I see any reconciliation as near impossible. Who has the time or interest to go “Where do you stand on these 20 major actions and platforms?”

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
And then expect people to vote for them after witnessing their nonstop ineffectual parade.

Their only selling point right now is that the Republican agenda is so over the top evil.
^ This. The party is in shambles, they're simply weak and cannot get anything done and frankly I'm ashamed to even associate with them anymore. They'll lose it all and hopefully learn and grow a pair next time around. Republicans are bullies, at some point you have to fight fire with fire.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
^ This. The party is in shambles, they're simply weak and cannot get anything done and frankly I'm ashamed to even associate with them anymore. They'll lose it all and hopefully learn and grow a pair next time around. Republicans are bullies, at some point you have to fight fire with fire.

I think a major problem is there are so many micro parties within the Democrat party that they are incapable of uniting on anything, no matter how important. Meanwhile the Republican party is a borg hivemind. Sure you may get some dissenting voices but it's never enough to make a difference.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I think a major problem is there are so many micro parties within the Democrat party that they are incapable of uniting on anything, no matter how important. Meanwhile the Republican party is a borg hivemind. Sure you may get some dissenting voices but it's never enough to make a difference.
Right, I think their diversity is a crutch and I get that, sort of a catch 22. However, issues like this are ideals everyone in the party is solidly behind and when it's telegraphed as easily as this was they need to gather, come up with a plan and fight.

I get they don't have enough of the majority to stack the courts now but next time they do, they need to get something done. @Herdfan is right to criticize the party on this point, they've always been passive and weak when it comes to fighting to get anything done.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Right, I think their diversity is a crutch and I get that, sort of a catch 22. However, issues like this are ideals everyone in the party is solidly behind and when it's telegraphed as easily as this was they need to gather, come up with a plan and fight.

I get they don't have enough of the majority to stack the courts now but next time they do, they need to get something done. @Herdfan is right to criticize the party on this point, they've always been passive and weak when it comes to fighting to get anything done.

For one thing they can stop (almost exclusively) going after the mythical white male swing voter, a near extinct species. They do that and they’ll be “Oh wow, who are all these other people? There sure are a lot of them. Maybe we should ask them what they want and do that.”

The Democrat party started its deterioration when they decided to go after big money like the Republicans during the Clinton administration. I think it’s no coincidence Trump voters love him for his rallies. The only time they see a Democrat is when they’re driving by in their car between major cities.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
But her emails!

There's no difference between the GOP & Dems!

Bernie or Bust!

Who wouldathunkit!! 🤷‍♂️

"It would be best for the country if I retired now, but I really want to do it during Hillary Clinton's presidency because that would be historically special (unlike a black president I guess)"

-Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg

The dark irony of what historically special event was actually accomplished partially due to this decision is painful.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Part of me wants to believe that even Trump knows that this made for great campaign rhetoric but has the potential of being consequentially disastrous in achieving it. Out of all his claimed beliefs to get votes this has to be the one he personally gives the least amount of shits about. It’s questionable that he even cares about his kids. He sure as fuck doesn’t care about anybody else’s.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Not enough young people vote. That’s what this comes down to. You can blame the Democratic politicians if you want. And maybe they need to be blamed for not doing better with pushing young people to turn out.

If young people voted at the same rates as old people, Democrats would have supermajorities. How do we know? Look at Obama - young people turned out for Obama, and we got 60 D senators. Democrats need a candidate that will energize young people to vote. OR young people could just get out there and do it.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
How about that, Joe.

He can join Susan Collins in clutching their pearls.

Whaaaaat? You mean judges from the Federalist society voted to overturn Roe v Wade? This is SHOCKING!!!!

I just read to confirm what I thought - 6 of 9 justices all hail from this extreme right society. That is fucking crazy-ass shit. Talk about the real-world Illuminati....

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2