Senator Menendez Indicted (Again)

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
They called for Al Franken to resign immediately, but they’re dragging their collective feet on Menendez. I think I know why. Democrats and Republicans are both ok with white collar crime. Dems only lose their patience with suspected sex crimes.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
They called for Al Franken to resign immediately, but they’re dragging their collective feet on Menendez. I think I know why. Democrats and Republicans are both ok with white collar crime. Dems only lose their patience with suspected sex crimes.
While that’s part of it, the reality is that Menendez is also far more powerful than Franken ever was. Senate Democrats are just being their usual gutless wonders. They can’t help but do own goals.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yeah that is disappointing. Ye old boys club... However, I will point out the Republicans are fine with allegations of sex crimes. Just fine with that.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I expect the calls to grow louder this week. He can't effectively do his job, innocent or guilty. And we all know he's guilty.
Yep, we have no place for that in our politics and I get not all will expect their elected officials to step down but Democrats should be leading by example here.

Last edited:

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yep, we have no place for that in our politics and I get not all will expect their elected officials to step down but Democrats should be leading by example here.
Don't expect the Republicans to reciprocate. They will hold on to power, even if means backing a racist, sex predator, that has pending treasonist charges against them.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Don't expect the Republicans to reciprocate. They will hold on to power, even if means backing a racist, sex predator, that has pending treasonist charges against them.

They will probably side with Menendez and say he's being railroaded. He seems like an arrogant asshole, they like that quality in a politician.

Fetterman and Sherrod Brown have both called on him to resign, that's two senators.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
They will probably side with Menendez and say he's being railroaded. He seems like an arrogant asshole, they like that quality in a politician.

Fetterman and Sherrod Brown have both called on him to resign, that's two senators.

New Jersey governor Phill Murphy also called on him to resign. It's a start. I'm hoping more senators join in this week.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It should be seen as criminal corruption by any normal person but Republicans fundraise off of it. It's just the state of the party right now.

Right now Democrats across the board are calling for him to step down, this indictment is pretty damning.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
It should be seen as criminal corruption by any normal person but Republicans fundraise off of it. It's just the state of the party right now.

Right now Democrats across the board are calling for him to step down, this indictment is pretty damning.

The bare minimum for some of these asshats is “it’s not illegal”. Legality shouldn’t be the roof it is for some of these people. Unfortunately, it’s not the floor for many of them either.

Regardless of legality, the optics speak for themselves. This is a guy who was already indicted and he wasn’t really fully exonerated like he’s pretending to be. Sometimes you act shady or break the law and get off. It wouldn’t be the first and probably won’t be the last time. No semantics or logic gymnastics of whether it was a bribe or a gift or “personal and separate business dealings” or whatever BS he will come up with makes it any more acceptable.

John Edwards got off too, who here thinks he was an innocent man?

It doesn’t help that he seems incredibly arrogant and defiant. After the last 8 years, that’s not what the party needs. If he cared about the party or country, he’d step down and run again if he’s acquitted. Preferably, he’d step down and retire in quiet if acquitted.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
The bare minimum for some of these asshats is “it’s not illegal”. Legality shouldn’t be the roof it is for some of these people. Unfortunately, it’s not the floor for many of them either.

Regardless of legality, the optics speak for themselves. This is a guy who was already indicted and he wasn’t really fully exonerated like he’s pretending to be. Sometimes you act shady or break the law and get off. It wouldn’t be the first and probably won’t be the last time. No semantics or logic gymnastics of whether it was a bribe or a gift or “personal and separate business dealings” or whatever BS he will come up with makes it any more acceptable.

John Edwards got off too, who here thinks he was an innocent man?

It doesn’t help that he seems incredibly arrogant and defiant. After the last 8 years, that’s not what the party needs. If he cared about the party or country, he’d step down and run again if he’s acquitted. Preferably, he’d step down and retire in quiet if acquitted.
The Senate indeed has stricter rules (supposedly) than “it’s not illegal”.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I think the senate count is up to three now, but it should’ve been a five minute caucus meeting that was wrapped up 4 minutes early on whether the body as a whole called on him to resign.

This is not a hard thing to deal with, you don’t need to proclaim he’s guilty, just say its for the good of the country. This isn’t like a rush to judgement thing here, this is a criminal indictment of an already shady Senator. But he can’t be trusted and properly govern, he has no excuse because it’s not like the cash and gold bar fairy will testify to exonerate him.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Calls are growing much louder, and I like how Booker worded his reasoning. Essentially, just resign for the greater good. The courts can decide the legality, but there’s a lot more on the line than him personally.

Also, Fetterman is such a boss - returning campaign donations from Menendez-associates in the form of $100 bills in envelopes. Menendez mentioned he kept large sums of cash on hand for emergencies (even if true, you think most Americans who don’t have a month of emergency rent in savings are going to relate to that?) Fetterman tweeted that most of us have a flashlight for emergencies.

Top Bottom
1 2