Senator Menendez Indicted (Again)

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Menendez mentioned he kept large sums of cash on hand for emergencies (even if true, you think most Americans who don’t have a month of emergency rent in savings are going to relate to that?)

It wasn't the cash, it was the GOLD bars. 😂

As for the cash, after the Derecho in 2012 I tried to buy a whole-house generator at Home Depot. They had power, but no way to run credit cards. So it took my parents and a buddy who ran a cash business to find enough cash to buy the generator. After that, I made sure that between my parents and myself that we always had a good stash of cash on hand just in case.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
He got reelected again after the last time. People have short memories.

That trial resulted in a hung jury and he was not retried. The evidence this time sure looks overwhelming.

And then you have trump, facing 91 felonies, and today being found liable for fraud. I think people today are sick and tired of criminal politicians. Except the republican party, apparently.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
That trial resulted in a hung jury and he was not retried. The evidence this time sure looks overwhelming.

And then you have trump, facing 91 felonies, and today being found liable for fraud. I think people today are sick and tired of criminal politicians. Except the republican party, apparently.
Yes, this is a very different and far worse crime.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
The Senate should expel him if he doesn't resign - it takes a two-thirds vote, and I'm sure many Republicans would go along. While they're at it, maybe they can get rid of Cruz too.

They will probably side with Menendez and say he's being railroaded. He seems like an arrogant asshole, they like that quality in a politician.

Fetterman and Sherrod Brown have both called on him to resign, that's two senators.

It’s hilarious that Republicans are coming to the defense of Menendez … because of course they have to. They can’t say that a member of government is unfit to serve because of corruption charges.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Chuck Schumer is hedging, if you're going to call for Trump to resign then you need to do it in your own party. This exactly the type of hypocrisy we expect from the other side, we should all be calling him out on this.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
So there’s another nasty aspect to this story… I don’t want to use the victim as a prop or paint the wife out to be a cold-blooded murderer, but she killed a guy and seemed more concerned with replacing her car - which ended up being a bribe - than the victim. But ffs, how arrogant do you have to be to remain in office? How do we get rid of this guy? New Jersey, help us out, he needs to go, republicans have Santos walking around, Jim Jordan is being given consideration for Speaker, Trump somehow still has more than three devoted followers and the up and coming people in their ranks are Matt Gaetz and MTG.

You’re only as strong as your weakest link and our weakest link is this guy by far. The debt limit and Speaker vacancy are big deals, but I expect some multitasking to go on… push this guy out. Make life hell for him until he resigns.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Wow! :oops:

Sen. Bob Menendez Charged With Acting as a Foreign Agent​

ADDITIONAL CHARGES HAVE been leveled against Sen. Bob Menendez, who was indicted last month on allegations of corruption and bribery.

A superseding indictment, unsealed Thursday, further charges the New Jersey Democrat with having “provided sensitive U.S. Government information and took other steps that secretly aided the Government of Egypt.”

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Why is he still a Senator? The body doesn’t have any tool for removal? He‘s arrogant and sounding like he’s also borrowing some of Trump’s greatest hits as he claims innocence but can’t explain anything. The best I’ve heard him say is ”Come on, it’s governing, everyone does it.”

Even if true, and it probably is, it’s good for them to be made examples of. He shouldn't get a pass because corruption is rampant. And as with Trump, forget the legality; the behavior alone precludes you from holding office. Well, that’s not true… it should preclude you from holding office.

Either way, its time for the senate to remove him, and make it a package deal for Tommy “The military is too woke but someone saying I shouldn’t be part of the human race is a death threat” Tuberville while you’re at it.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Let’s start calling him “Senator Trump” until he goes. Democrats are dropping the ball, where is our loudmouth public pressure campaign? I’m not saying he’s guilty of crimes, I’m saying he’s unfit to serve, so democrats should have no problem publicly flogging him. If the silence is because “the senate dems need his vote”, then I’m sorry to say that’s no better than republicans letting Santos hang around like a congressional dingleberry.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Let’s start calling him “Senator Trump” until he goes. Democrats are dropping the ball, where is our loudmouth public pressure campaign? I’m not saying he’s guilty of crimes, I’m saying he’s unfit to serve, so democrats should have no problem publicly flogging him. If the silence is because “the senate dems need his vote”, then I’m sorry to say that’s no better than republicans letting Santos hang around like a congressional dingleberry.

His vote, or loss thereof, would be more consequential to the loss of Santos'.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
His vote, or loss thereof, would be more consequential to the loss of Santos'.

This is what happens when you have a chamber of government entirely made up of people who have zero economic concerns personally and will only make decisions that doesn’t threaten that or anything about their lifestyle. From there it’s just about which party gets to hold the majority trophy for a couple of years.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not accusing anyone here, but as a logical adult, you have to view anyone supporting Trump, and/or the GOP as the anti-Democracy, anti-Constitutional, enablers/cheerleaders for the modern US fascism movement, even if they are too stupid or self serving to realize it, because all they can imagine is that they’ll come out ahead or get something they want, an advantage over other citizens they don’t like, or even the ability to shove their straight jacket religious views down everyone else’s throats. 🔥🔥

Top Bottom
1 2