Tanya Petty Fired After Confronting Black Fisherman in Viral Video

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Fishing while black is now an issue.
Tanya Petty, who has been identified as the white woman in a viral TikTok video whoconfronted a Black fisherman at a lake in his own Georgia neighborhood, was reportedly fired from her job after the incident.

In the video, filmed by the fisherman, the woman—later identified on YouTube as Petty—approaches him to ask if he and the woman accompanying him are residents. She then adds that the lake "is presently for residents only" and that he should move away.

The fisherman, whose TikTok handle is @Fishingbay2ga, says to the camera that Petty was the third white person to bother him while he was fishing and telling him to leave the neighborhood, though he was a resident. "I'm in my own neighborhood and a white person came and bothered me while I'm fishing," he says. "This is the third time."

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Believe me I am for karma to kick a few these narrow minded folks in the arse.

However, I am mixed on the firing a person for expressing their opinion outside of work. If they aren't in a company vehicle, wearing company apparel, committing a crime, or posting something on social media with their place of work listed in their bio, I think firing someone is opening the door for more turnabout.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Always film these psycho bastards.

The sense of entitlement is astounding. Good thing states like Florida are working on improving that with better education. 🙄

Top Bottom
1 2