Texas

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I feel the loud public disrespect of the President based on nothing tangible started with Obama
I think you should look at the first black president, 16 years earlier. That guy unseated Bush, which was an utter outrage after St. Ronnie showed us the WH belonged to the Rs. The Clinton-haters were very loud, and impotent until they managed to BS their way into control of Congress. That was when the RWBS ramped up to its contemporary state of intransigence. Before the mid-'90s, Rs were mostly tolerable but already on this disgraceful trajectory.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I think you should look at the first black president, 16 years earlier.
That's offensive as shit as Clinton used racism to win the White House. Pure and simple. And he threw Black folk under the bus every fucking chance he got. So he was in no way, shape or form the first Black president. Just another typical white president.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
#1 she's dead.

#2 Critical thinking skills are... ahem, critical

I was deploring the way in which President Clinton was being treated, vis-à-vis the sex scandal that was surrounding him. I said he was being treated like a black on the street, already guilty, already a perp. I have no idea what his real instincts are, in terms of race. -- Toni Morrison

Most Americans understand race as indelible—as a thing which you really are—and thus Morrison’s point went right over the heads of even relatively educated people. This is convenient. As long as “race” can be considered as who you are, and not what someone else did to you, then Americans can see themselves as heroic do-gooders in struggling against our more ignorant and animalistic impulses. -- Tan-Nehisi Coates

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
That's offensive as shit as Clinton used racism to win the White House. Pure and simple. And he threw Black folk under the bus every fucking chance he got. So he was in no way, shape or form the first Black president. Just another typical white president.

Good thing that “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean.” decided to put him on the ticket to be VP.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
#2 Critical thinking skills are... ahem, critical
Yes. Aside from being the black President, what, of substance, did Barack Obama do for black people? I sure did not see much. He barely touched the crap policies of his predecessor. He may have been to the left of Reagan, but, barely. In practical terms, being the first African-American president was mostly window dressing.

I mean, I liked the guy on personal type level, and he was excellent at what he did, but what he did was not much. That is what genuine critical thinking skills will get you.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

Bonus frightening bullshit

I guess liberals & anyone else should just move? Should they take their shit with them?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Clinton was president, not VP... and the VP was Al Gore...

????

Biden said that about Obama.

It was in reference to @ronntaylor saying he was offended by Clinton being called the "first Black President", as he should have been. The actual first Black President put someone who said that about him on the ticket. Guess he thought he needed a racist on the ticket to win in the south.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Biden said that about Obama.

It was in reference to @ronntaylor saying he was offended by Clinton being called the "first Black President", as he should have been. The actual first Black President put someone who said that about him on the ticket. Guess he thought he needed a racist on the ticket to win in the south.

The remark Biden made back then wasn't in his finest hour, that's for sure, although to me it rang out as typical of his (my) generation of Democrats inadvertently patronizing Blacks even while proclaiming themselves true believers in "all men are created equal".

In the past few days we've seen some Republicans skip any finest hour awards as well. If you want to look at patronizing, need look no further than Marsha Blackburn's approach to addressing Jackson. In the beginning of her opening remarks, Blackburn came right out of some antebellum novel in a chapter where the plantation owner's wife gently schools a new house slave on how to behave in a kitchen.

No party has a lock on the American institution of racism, no matter how, where, when or why it is made manifest yet again. All the more reason to educate ourselves about it from the get go.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
No party has a lock on the American institution of racism, no matter how, where, when or why it is made manifest yet again. All the more reason to educate ourselves about it from the get go.

That is very true.

The difference is if you have a "D" beside your name, it is largely excused.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
The difference is if you have a "D" beside your name, it is largely excused.

The Ds at least make some nominal effort in the direction of reducing institutional racism, while the Rs work in the opposite direction and become outraged when "No, I'm not racist. Not at all. No one told me it was not ok to use 'jigaboo' anymore, so stop persecuting me." They try to hide their bigotry behind faux outrage while the Ds at least apologize for it.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I don't remember Biden being excused while Harris was a presidential candidate....

Yet after what she said to him and about him, he still got Black votes. Lots of them. And this was in the primary. I sort of understand him getting them in the General, but it was as if they didn't care what he said or what he did previously, ie crime bill.

The Ds at least make some nominal effort in the direction of reducing institutional racism, while the Rs work in the opposite direction and become outraged when "No, I'm not racist. Not at all. No one told me it was not ok to use 'jigaboo' anymore, so stop persecuting me." They try to hide their bigotry behind faux outrage while the Ds at least apologize for it.

Biden does apologize And then turns around and says something else just as bad. Like he either didn't learn, or the apology was a sham.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Yet after what she said to him and about him, he still got Black votes. Lots of them. And this was in the primary. I sort of understand him getting them in the General, but it was as if they didn't care what he said or what he did previously, ie crime bill.

Gee, it almost certainly had something to do with the fact that Biden's opponent was Donald J. Trump.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
Austin SD has been holding Pride Week for a decade and a half,
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has accused the Austin school district of holding “immoral and illegal” Pride Week celebrations, claiming school officials are spreading liberal propaganda to brainwash children on LGBTQIA+ issues. In a letter to the district that he shared on Twitter, he claimed the event was akin to sex education which is illegal in Texas if it’s done without parental consent. “The Texas Legislature has made it clear that when it comes to sex education, parents—not school districts—are in charge …”
Gee, you would think he might have noticed before this.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I think you should look at the first black president, 16 years earlier. That guy unseated Bush, which was an utter outrage after St. Ronnie showed us the WH belonged to the Rs. The Clinton-haters were very loud, and impotent until they managed to BS their way into control of Congress. That was when the RWBS ramped up to its contemporary state of intransigence. Before the mid-'90s, Rs were mostly tolerable but already on this disgraceful trajectory.

The Clinton era was when the Democrats decided to join the Republicans in selling their souls to corporations and then told their base to STFU if they don’t have a college degree. For the base’s part they decided activism is more of an extracurricular activity to put on their resume. They won’t so much die on a hill as plant a flag on a hill, take a selfie with the flag, and then move on to something else.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Gee, it almost certainly had something to do with the fact that Biden's opponent was Donald J. Trump.

In the General, yes. But it doesn't explain why Blacks voted for him in the Primary given things he had said and done in the past.

The Clinton era was when the Democrats decided to join the Republicans in selling their souls to corporations and then told their base to STFU if they don’t have a college degree. For the base’s part they decided activism is more of an extracurricular activity to put on their resume. They won’t so much die on a hill as plant a flag on a hill, take a selfie with the flag, and then move on to something else.

Nailed it. And most of the base has yet to figure it out. The Hispanics, especially in TX, are figuring it out and the midterms may be an absolute bloodbath for the Dems. Of course they will seek cover by saying that they didn't explain their positions well enough. Rinse, Repeat.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
Nailed it. And most of the base has yet to figure it out. The Hispanics, especially in TX, are figuring it out and the midterms may be an absolute bloodbath for the Dems. Of course they will seek cover by saying that they didn't explain their positions well enough. Rinse, Repeat.
So we end up with Rs, who are stupid, reckless MFing pinheads out to bring the country to Vlad's knees. Great alternative, that. Though I expect it would please you no end.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

I read earlier about all the Texas style abortion legislation being passed all over the country. I’m sure the left protest machine will get right back on that as soon as they are done creating their Zelenskyy fan art.

Top Bottom
1 2