The affordable housing home washing scam

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

This should piss off everybody, and especially fiscal conservatives and big government haters, but I’d like to see them target their rage at this instead of going "meh" and returning to focusing on under/unemployed people and their big screen TV.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

This should piss off everybody, and especially fiscal conservatives and big government haters, but I’d like to see them target their rage at this instead of going "meh" and returning to focusing on under/unemployed people and their big screen TV.
Republicans just don’t even pretend to care about affordable housing. It’s a bit weird because a house is a part of their whole classic nuclear family fantasy. I wonder if creating programs for affordable housing resembles helping lower income people too much so the optics are distasteful to them.

It could be a winning issue if handled correctly, probably with a hyper focus on the middle class. That the middle class barely exists and it would help lower class by default shouldn’t be too much of a problem as denying reality is very much in their wheelhouse.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This is similar to the system of sending welfare money to the states instead of directly to people in need. It becomes a slush fund for politicians and former football players. The reasoning was that poor people are irresponsible and would just waste money on alcohol if you gave it directly to them. In reality, the state spends it all irresponsibly instead, and taxpayers foot the bill for politicians to have free play money.

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Republicans just don’t even pretend to care about affordable housing. It’s a bit weird because a house is a part of their whole classic nuclear family fantasy. I wonder if creating programs for affordable housing resembles helping lower income people too much so the optics are distasteful to them.

It could be a winning issue if handled correctly, probably with a hyper focus on the middle class. That the middle class barely exists and it would help lower class by default shouldn’t be too much of a problem as denying reality is very much in their wheelhouse.

I think the basic mentality of a lot of voters on the right is if anything can in any way shape or form benefit "the lazy unemployed" then fuck the entire thing. I also think there is a segment of rightwing voters who inexplicably don't consider themself a loser even though they check all the boxes of who they consider a loser, possibly because they think their excuse/grievance makes them except from that definition. Real Americans. Real excuses.

What we have here is our tax dollars going to banks who are the last entity on earth that needs more money to help those who have some income but could use a little help, but per usual, close to zero oversight as to them actually using the money for that. Not meaning to hammer entirely on the right on this, but they are also the side of "we just need to enforce the laws that are already on the books" while their politicians starve those those agencies responsible for oversight and enforcement.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
This is similar to the system of sending welfare money to the states instead of directly to people in need. It becomes a slush fund for politicians and former football players. The reasoning was that poor people are irresponsible and would just waste money on alcohol if you gave it directly to them. In reality, the state spends it all irresponsibly instead, and taxpayers foot the bill for politicians to have free play money.

At the other end of this, and the name of the philosophy running rampant with the mega rich right now is slipping my mind, is they believe they deserve even more money because only they with their wealth based genius know how to use it to make the world a better place, not the government or the average citizen. Elon Musk is one of the top believers in this philosophy, 'nough said.

Top Bottom
1 2