The "Wordle" thread

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Used on of my our common starting words, one letter/wrong position, moved it an added a common combination with it, boom, second guess is 2 in position, 2 out, then is was simply going through the similar words.

Wordle 227 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
🟨🟨⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I do that too; always start off with a word which has most of the vowels, and then if need be I utilize the second word in the next one to pick up the other vowel(s) and some consonants. This usually works pretty well.....

ARISE
MOUNT

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Standard starting word, one vowel position check, then it became clear, again, a few words with the same ending letters, so just going through the list:

Wordle 228 4/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨🟨
🟨🟩⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Got it in 3, but my first two words had all the letters in the correct places. Just had to put it together into one word.

Wordle 228 3/6

⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

MarkusL

Power User
Reaction score
ARISE
MOUNT
I have been using BREAD and COUNT for a while, but I think I will change to ARISE. Still sticking with COUNT though. Somehow it seems easier to find the neighbors of C compared to M. But I guess it is also a matter of how often you actually get a hit on C or M.

Speaking of trying to cover as many vowels as possible, check out how many there are in the Icelandic spin-off Orðla. And they still only give us 6 tries!
Capture3.PNG

Top Bottom
1 2