It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Wordle 557 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This is a strange word to me. My brain knew it existed and the meaning somehow but not one I’d use. I would opt for β€œcompel”. Looked it up and found this on Webster:

lightbulb-icon.svg

Did you know?​

Impel vs Compel
Impel is very similar in meaning to compel, and often a perfect synonym, though it tends to suggest even more strongly an inner drive to do something and a greater urgency to act, especially for moral reasons. But when impel takes its noun and adjective forms, it changes slightly. So an impulseβ€”such as "impulse buying", when you suddenly see something cool and know you've got to have itβ€”often isn't based on anything very serious. And impulsive behavior in general, such as blurting out something stupid on the spur of the moment, is the kind of thing you're supposed to get over when you grow up.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Wordle 557 4/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This is a strange word to me. My brain knew it existed and the meaning somehow but not one I’d use. I would opt for β€œcompel”. Looked it up and found this on Webster:

lightbulb-icon.svg

Did you know?​

Impel vs Compel
Impel is very similar in meaning to compel, and often a perfect synonym, though it tends to suggest even more strongly an inner drive to do something and a greater urgency to act, especially for moral reasons. But when impel takes its noun and adjective forms, it changes slightly. So an impulseβ€”such as "impulse buying", when you suddenly see something cool and know you've got to have itβ€”often isn't based on anything very serious. And impulsive behavior in general, such as blurting out something stupid on the spur of the moment, is the kind of thing you're supposed to get over when you grow up.
Not previously in my vocabulary, thankfully was not left with many options after four guesses. πŸ₯³

Wordle 557 5/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
This one I really wrestled with! In the second line I thought, "oh, hey, this'll be easy!" and tried a word...well, ok, maybe it wasn't going to be so easy.. Then I belatedly realized that I'd forgotten one of the valid letters I could've -- should've -- been using. Oops! Tried that and it didn't help either. Took a break, refreshed my coffee, waited for the brain cells to perk up, then I tackled this once more. Finally managed to get the answer only because I couldn't think of any other solution!

Wordle 560 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Top Bottom
1 2