Tom Brady comes out of retirement

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
The only thing I can figure is something I heard that is common to athletes and soldiers. These are careers that people tend to retire from earlier than the rest of us.

The problem is, once retired they lose their sense of identity. They don’t know who they are when they’re not being a soldier or Tom Brady, superstar. It’s an inability to adapt to the next phase of life. Maybe he’s just not ready to accept that the rest of his life will be TV commentator or family man.

That, or maybe it’s ego like @ouimetnick said.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
It was weird that he retired in the first place. With his stats this year, and failing his objective of getting another shot at the superbowl last year, I thought he would try one more time. Then the gossip of his wife threatening divorce if he didn't retire came out, and I thought it made sense. But clearly that was either fake news or he just couldn't stay away from the game.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Or maybe a different $10.4M reasons. :) Although that may increase.

Give his existing net worth, his value not even playing, and the fact his wife is worth like 40X the number you posted, I'd say the money it basically a non-factor.

It was weird that he retired in the first place. With his stats this year, and failing his objective of getting another shot at the superbowl last year, I thought he would try one more time. Then the gossip of his wife threatening divorce if he didn't retire came out, and I thought it made sense. But clearly that was either fake news or he just couldn't stay away from the game.

I guess it was choose Gisele or Gronkowski ... and well ... o_O

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Just read an article that said someone paid $500,000 for Tom Brady's last TD football on March 13th 2022. Next day the value on that asset plummeted.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Just read an article that said someone paid $500,000 for Tom Brady's last TD football on March 13th 2022. Next day the value on that asset plummeted.

I saw that! Hahaha, there's a theory that Brady is doing this just to F with that guy ... :ROFLMAO:

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I saw that! Hahaha, there's a theory that Brady is doing this just to F with that guy ... :ROFLMAO:
Or maybe he wants the ball at a bargain basement price, and then retire again before the season starts.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
He didn’t stop at deflating the balls, now he wants to deflate their value too.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Give his existing net worth, his value not even playing, and the fact his wife is worth like 40X the number you posted, I'd say the money it basically a non-factor.

He is trying to catch up. :ROFLMAO:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The problem is, once retired they lose their sense of identity. They don’t know who they are when they’re not being a soldier or Tom Brady, superstar. It’s an inability to adapt to the next phase of life. Maybe he’s just not ready to accept that the rest of his life will be TV commentator or family man.

I went through the same thing when I retired from delivering pizzas. It was pretty rough but I then reinvented myself into guy who puts things in boxes. To some that's just a lateral career move, but it comes with a whole new set of challenges and rewards. I sometimes still miss delivering pizzas, but at this point I couldn't turn my back on my fellow box packers. It's a whole team effort that just doesn't happen when delivering pizzas.

Top Bottom
1 2