Tucker Carlson’s Depiction of 1/6

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score

This is an interesting piece by Fox News. Out of 40,000 hours of collected video footage, this 5 minute compilation depicts that 1/6 was a very calm and relaxed incident of people touring the capital… I was almost expecting Tucker to call 1/6 a “mostly peaceful protest”.

Not sure if it’s this clips or others, but Tucker claims the left wing media misrepresented 1/6. But as I recall Fox was playing the exact same footage in the aftermath.

It’s almost like the suggestion is the ugly incidents we’ve seen many times over never happened.

I’m sure there were plenty of people who stupidly wandered their way in and toured around otherwise committee no harm. I would imagine the police opened doors and guided people around as a crowd control strategy before riot police were available. If they started trying to arrest everyone in the building, obviously things would escalate quickly and the regular security guards have zero ability to control that situation.

I think the footage should be available to the public- or at least all news networks. It’s unfortunate McCarthy only granted Fox access. But it’s also not like Nancy Pelosi couldn’t have made this available before she retired.

I suppose one could say this is everything we expected.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
What, do you think, was McCarthy's motivation in giving Fox access? He may be a grossly incompetent leader, but he surely knew how the footage would be used by Fox to counter the claim that Jan. 6 was a violent insurrection.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
What, do you think, was McCarthy's motivation in giving Fox access? He may be a grossly incompetent leader, but he surely knew how the footage would be used by Fox to counter the claim that Jan. 6 was a violent insurrection.
it was one of the promises he made to get his position. he is a GOP Ho.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Are you afraid it might?

I think all the raw footage should have been released to anyone who wanted it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Are you afraid it might?
One would have to be blind to believe it was anything less than a violent attempt at a takeover. Nobody at Fox News nor from the Republican party can ever convince any sane person of that.

Yes, then it wouldn't have looked like a sham partisan attempt to pull the wool over the eyes of everyone. The footage that matters is already out there.

These actions are impossible to defend in the normal court of public opinion, they'll only server to placate a base that will never take their partisan blinders off no matter what the evidence shows.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes. Just a bunch of guys engaging in patriotic legitimate political discourse.
I doubt most of them are capable of that. besides Make America great again again as far as they get with logic. Plus it seems they have fake sob stores to get lighter sentences and they are going right back to the stupid that got them there.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
How to view Carlson et al as anything but traitors? There was a violent attack on the Capitol with the intent to block the peaceful transition of power, all based on a lie that the election was stolen. They were looking to kill the Vice President. That someone would try to spin this as anything else is obscene. I guess the GOP thought Obama wearing a tan jacket was more of an offense.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
One would have to be blind to believe it was anything less than a violent attempt at a takeover. Nobody at Fox News nor from the Republican party can ever convince any sane person of that.

Yes, then it wouldn't have looked like a sham partisan attempt to pull the wool over the eyes of everyone. The footage that matters is already out there.

These actions are impossible to defend in the normal court of public opinion, they'll only server to placate a base that will never take their partisan blinders off no matter what the evidence shows.

From the footage I have seen, there are some deceptive edits by the 1/6 committee.

Does it change anything? Not really, but it might make it look like the committee acted in bad faith.

For example, looking at the tape of Josh Hawley "running" out of the Capitol. If you only have only seen the clip released by the 1/6 Committee, it looks like he was the only one running. But in the full unedited tape, many Senators and staff are being ushered out, not just Hawley. In fact, he was the last one out, which is why they were able to clip it like they did. It certainly looks like a deceptive edit. Which is why it ALL should be released.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Are you afraid it might?

Not at all.

The destruction of property, desecration of the Capitol, violent attacks on law enforcement, occupying Congress chambers and offices, and chants of "Hang Mike Pence" weren't fabricated. And even if some people weren't themselves violent, which is not surprising, they should have known that entering the building through broken doors and windows wasn't permitted or acceptable. Carlson's attempt to recast that day as a peaceful protest smacks of revisionism that would have made Soviet propagandists proud.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
How to view Carlson et al as anything but traitors? There was a violent attack on the Capitol with the intent to block the peaceful transition of power, all based on a lie that the election was stolen. They were looking to kill the Vice President. That someone would try to spin this as anything else is obscene. I guess the GOP thought Obama wearing a tan jacket was more of an offense.

Why would they want to kill the VP? He was the only one who in their minds could have overturned the election. Killing him would have laid waste to that plan.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Why would they want to kill the VP? He was the only one who in their minds could have overturned the election. Killing him would have laid waste to that plan.
They are on record, with their own words on video saying they wanted to "hang Mike Pence". Man I want to try to have a fair conversation here but JFC, how can anyone be THIS blind to what's actually in front of their face?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Some Republicans want to say something like "there's two sides to this argument" when there clearly is not. We have testimony, video footage, convictions in a court of law, etc. The best they can do is look at footage from cameras where nothing was in sight and make false claims about what was really happening.

This is 100% indefensible and it's sad to see those trying to play it off making these desperate attempts, it's akin to denying the holocaust for a political view. To be fair, there are reasonable Republicans out there who see the reality here and won't touch this with a 10 ft pole, they have my respect.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Are you afraid it might?

I’ll entertain the possibility that some rubberneckers (for lack of a better word) entered the capitol building but then the same thing would have to be said about some people who entered busted out businesses during the BLM protests. Would you offer them the same understanding? Do those comparative wanderers completely cancel out the acts and people that got them inside the building?

Think of the embarrassing absurdity of anybody puzzling together a “look at these people just peacefully wandering the isles of Target made accessible by protestors” video as some kind of defense that everything was all just blown way out of proportion.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
They are on record, with their own words on video saying they wanted to "hang Mike Pence". Man I want to try to have a fair conversation here but JFC, how can anyone be THIS blind to what's actually in front of their face?

I actually hadn't seen that clip. Thanks!

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I actually hadn't seen that clip. Thanks!
You also probably saw how they were hiding him and trying to get him off the premises. He actually really showed himself to be a standup guy throughout that entire process, he just wanted to do what was right and they completely vilified him for it.

Top Bottom
1 2