Trump aide Hope Hicks has Covid - Update Trump Tests Positive

...and she travels with Trump.

Top Trump aide Hope Hicks tests positive for coronavirus after traveling with president to debate

...Hicks, who has been known to spend a lot of time with Trump, had traveled with the president to the debate Tuesday night in Cleveland. She was seen not wearing a mask.

Trump, 74, himself rarely wears a mask and has mocked his Democratic rival, Joe Biden, 77, for often wearing face coverings.

The White House didn’t comment on reports that Hicks had tested positive, but a spokesman issued a statement about the administration’s Covid-19 protocols.

Seriously...he's been tempting fate for a long time now. I'm not hoping she gave it to him, but it wouldn't surprise me at this point either.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
So I’m driving home, and because my favorite sports station was in one of their interminable commercial breaks, I tuned in Rush Limbaugh for a few minutes.

He was talking to some Trump fan who was apoplectic, absolutely beside himself, as to why Trump would do such a stupid thing as take that joy ride around Walter Reed. He wanted Rush to explain to him why Trump would do something so utterly stupid, knowing it would open him to criticism.

I have to admit to being amused by Trump’s fans being driven crazy by his idiotic antics. I’m glad it’s giving them hives. At the same time, it’s amazing to see how stick stone stupid they are by not recognizing that the man does idiotic things because he’s an idiot. They are so resistant to the idea that their adulation of him is undeserved. The answer is right there staring them in the face, but they don’t see it.

Rush, for his part, noted that what the guy was really worried about was all the negative media coverage at this engendered, and that Trump wasn’t wrong, it’s just that the media are a bunch of evil fear mongers.

Both of them were concerned about how this looked, not about how inappropriate this was or how this would affect the Secret Service agents.

They truly are in their own little world.
If that's the reaction of a "fan" imagine what it looks like to everyone else. It's just hard to imagine him politically surviving this but after 2016 it's still anyone's guess.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
One thing is for certain, unless it's leaked we will not be getting a real status update on the president's condition. ALL news coming from the WH will be rosy and glowing no matter what.

Speaking of rosy and glowing, remember the early days of Ms. McEnany? In fairness I will note here that she was not yet on board as WH Press Secretary but was working for the Trump campaign at the time of this news clip. Later, and on day one of her appointment at the WH, she promised never to lie to us. Right, so she ran this collection up the flagpole while she could.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1313147374156410884/

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Holy hell, the suggestion he might "Be leaving by Monday ...", sounds __insane__.
Speaking of rosy and glowing, remember the early days of Ms. McEnany? In fairness I will note here that she was not yet on board as WH Press Secretary but was working for the Trump campaign at the time of this news clip. Later, and on day one of her appointment at the WH, she promised never to lie to us. Right, so she ran this collection up the flagpole while she could.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1313147374156410884/
Ms McEnay has tested positive.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
He's not anxious or anything.... has only taken 4 tests since Friday morning.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1312872950392029184/

I read a report in the Guardian about how - at that now notorious Garden Event - his nose dripped, whereupon he wiped it with his hand, and then, unbelievably, proceeded to still shake hands with others (that actually seems to have been caught on video).

Long before the advent of Covid-19, this would have been considered disgusting behaviour. If I had done this at any age after say, about three, my mother would have killed me.

Last edited:

lizkat

Reaction score
Dude is loaded.

Yeah or wants to be able to self medicate with his whatever he indulges in, without having a bunch of WR medicos popping in to make sure he's ok.

I don't think the Secret Service is happy with the idea of the President returning to "circulation" while he is still deemed contagious.

Also... National Security chief O'Brien seemed to be signaling it would be cool if Trump stayed on at Walter Reed for awhile... he noted that in his own experience of the disease he had a downturn in days 7 and 8. He said this yesterday during an interview on Face the Nation:

"And the good news is, is the president feels very well. And he actually wants to get back home to the White House and get back to work. But I think he's going to stay at Walter Reed for at least another period of time. Look, I went through this virus myself, as you know, Margaret, over the summer. And even if you have no symptoms, and I would -- I had very, very minor symptoms, day seven and eight are the critical days."

So why can't Trump just hang out for the rest of the normal course of a covid experience in the pretty nice looking quarters of Walter Reed where they have put him? He gets waited on hand and foot, there's places to rest, eat, work, watch TV etc., and he's where he needs to be for medical care in event of a turn for the worse in his own experience of covid-19.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My dad was on steroids and just weeks before he passed said "I haven't felt this good in years, I feel like superman". It's a false sense of security, unfortunately, as it suppresses your immune system so it no longer fights whatever infect you have. The problem is the infection is then left unchecked and can do far more damage, it's a trade off to treat the symptoms.

BTW when people come off of them they can be downright evil, we do not want to see a monster like Trump have to deal with this.

lizkat

Reaction score
My dad was on steroids and just weeks before he passed said "I haven't felt this good in years, I feel like superman". It's a false sense of security, unfortunately, as it suppresses your immune system so it no longer fights whatever infect you have. The problem is the infection is then left unchecked and can do far more damage, it's a trade off to treat the symptoms.

BTW when people come off of them they can be downright evil, we do not want to see a monster like Trump have to deal with this.

Yes. Despite Trump's having said he understands covid now, he doesn't.

Covfefe. Covfefe all the way down.

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes. Despite Trump's having said he understands covid now, he doesn't.

Covfefe. Covfefe all the way down.

yes, and, of course, the very prophetic

person, woman, man, camera, TV

440px-Person_woman_man_camera_tv_meme.jpg

Top Bottom
1 2