Trump is telling people he thinks he'll be 'reinstated' as president in August

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Since he’s taking over as president again, I guess he decided he doesn’t need his blog anymore.

I'm sure a big reason for taking it down was because it was a one way communication and Trump refuses to be on a format that doesn't enable instant, or any, praise back. Out of all the scams and lies he has put out there it's pretty shocking his minions couldn't figure out how to fake likes.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I'm sure a big reason for taking it down was because it was a one way communication and Trump refuses to be on a format that doesn't enable instant, or any, praise back. Out of all the scams and lies he has put out there it's pretty shocking his minions couldn't figure out how to fake likes.
I looked at a Trump tweet archive the other day. He habitually spammed the re-tweet button. Without that, I don’t think it holds any interest for him.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I looked at a Trump tweet archive the other day. He habitually spammed the re-tweet button. Without that, I don’t think it holds any interest for him.

He's being used, you know, too. He's a placeholder for wannabe successors who encourage him to make an effort to retain followers... that they can glom onto when the time comes.

U

User.45

He's being used, you know, too. He's a placeholder for wannabe successors who encourage him to make an effort to retain followers... that they can glom onto when the time comes.
Yup. I think most of them absolutely dislike Trump, but not more than they love the promise of power.

lizkat

Reaction score
Yup. I think most of them absolutely dislike Trump, but not more than they love the promise of power.

It's a great way to lose all sense of what one is actually doing -- and how one's behavior is actually perceived-- while one tries to ensure continuation in power even as the likelihood of that dwindles AS A RESULT of some of those efforts to hang onto power.

It's sort of a microcosm of all that to watch how students at LIberty University are signaling to the trustees that they never thought it was great to latch on to Trump --with all his "secular warts" so to speak-- in the first place, and how they want the school to keep out of politics now that Falwell Jr. has stepped down... but the trustees, or some of them anyway, are still eyes-on-prize of perceived ability to influence public policy in future if they just stick by Trump and his rally base now.

Talk about losing their way, wow. Falwell Jr. derailed the true strength of Liberty University in terms of its production of Christian ministry, by choosing to overlook fundamental damage to the school's mission via his support of a completely amoral presidential candidate... just for the sake and hope of increasing his own personal power while touting Trump's ability to make conservative court appointments.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
The problem with this is that they keep him elevated above themselves. They cannot take over his followers without getting rid of him, and if he’s still around….

lizkat

Reaction score
The problem with this is that they keep him elevated above themselves. They cannot take over his followers without getting rid of him, and if he’s still around….

I'm almost reduced to hoping his followers just find something else to do, as the level of outrage he's able to stir up out there wanes over time without the support of major social media platforms. I think now and then of a line in some book by Bob Baer, uttered by one of his former bosses in the CIA about some other higher-up dude whom Baer had mentioned to him in passing: "..oh that asshole, he's still on the street?"

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Then there's this

This is all very simple. Trump is only about Trump. The country and policy aren't Trump and therefore he couldn't give less of a shit. In fact, he's probably growing quite irritated that more and more he is being asked to comment on things that aren't him and how he's the world's most successful victim. He either only wants to talk about himself or hurl insults at anybody who doesn't worship him. That's it. Period. Simple.

lizkat

Reaction score
Then there's this

This is all very simple. Trump is only about Trump. The country and policy aren't Trump and therefore he couldn't give less of a shit. In fact, he's probably growing quite irritated that more and more he is being asked to comment on things that aren't him and how he's the world's most successful victim. He either only wants to talk about himself or hurl insults at anybody who doesn't worship him. That's it. Period. Simple.

It's a bummer that he still has zealous followers trying to make mischief even now over the 2020 election. Now there's a halfbaked effort in the Pennsylvania state legislature among some Republicans to force an outside audit of the 2020 vote as Arizona has [notoriously] done. What, will they extend this idea one state at a time wherever Trump lost in 2020 what he had somehow won in 2016? How tiresome.

The leadership in Pennsylvania first said nah we're not going there, we're focused on tightening up our election laws, but then said well maybe could do a selective review or some such middle-ground gig. Ugh.

It's godblasted June for Pete's sake, the USA is six months down the road from the prior election cycle and pols are already starting to run their ads for the 2020 Congressional races. And the Gop is still trying to overturn a free and fair US presidential election? They have no shame. The only thing still worth looking into about 2020 is to find out who all besides Trump and Roger Stone thought it was a great idea to try physically to prevent Congress from even completing the certification of the electoral college votes on January 6th. Could throw all those treasonous creatures into the slam for awhile and snap some people out of their play-acting about theft of an election. The GOP is some bunch of projection artists, I must say.​

You'd "almost" think the Rs don't have any policy platform to expound upon, in order to try to draw more votes than their opponents in 2022. Or one might think the GOP figures --in desperation-- that the way to put a kibosh on further investigations of the roots of the insurrection at the Capitol is to try to get the 2020 election overturned by making it "fraudulent" after the fact.

I regard all this stuff as monumentally shocking and a complete betrayal of country and constitution by a thoroughly Trump-corrupted Republican Party. When are their erstwhile supporters and voter base going to wake up and realize that the attitudes and tactics they endorse when done by the Party of Trump are things they'd never tolerate if the Democrats took such a tack after losing an election?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's a bummer that he still has zealous followers trying to make mischief even now over the 2020 election. Now there's a halfbaked effort in the Pennsylvania state legislature among some Republicans to force an outside audit of the 2020 vote as Arizona has [notoriously] done. What, will they extend this idea one state at a time wherever Trump lost in 2020 what he had somehow won in 2016? How tiresome.

The leadership in Pennsylvania first said nah we're not going there, we're focused on tightening up our election laws, but then said well maybe could do a selective review or some such middle-ground gig. Ugh.

It's godblasted June for Pete's sake, the USA is six months down the road from the prior election cycle and pols are already starting to run their ads for the 2020 Congressional races. And the Gop is still trying to overturn a free and fair US presidential election? They have no shame. The only thing still worth looking into about 2020 is to find out who all besides Trump and Roger Stone thought it was a great idea to try physically to prevent Congress from even completing the certification of the electoral college votes on January 6th. Could throw all those treasonous creatures into the slam for awhile and snap some people out of their play-acting about theft of an election. The GOP is some bunch of projection artists, I must say.​

You'd "almost" think the Rs don't have any policy platform to expound upon, in order to try to draw more votes than their opponents in 2022. Or one might think the GOP figures --in desperation-- that the way to put a kibosh on further investigations of the roots of the insurrection at the Capitol is to try to get the 2020 election overturned by making it "fraudulent" after the fact.

I regard all this stuff as monumentally shocking and a complete betrayal of country and constitution by a thoroughly Trump-corrupted Republican Party. When are their erstwhile supporters and voter base going to wake up and realize that the attitudes and tactics they endorse when done by the Party of Trump are things they'd never tolerate if the Democrats took such a tack after losing an election?

I can't wait to see the docuseries on where all the money came from and went with all these voter fraud investigations and lawsuits. Hopefully it will end with a list of all the other more important and productive things the money could have paid for.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

lizkat

Reaction score
Well he’s definitely not being reinstated on Facebook any time soon

I'll take FB's half-a-loaf decision in gratitude, even if I'd rather they grew a pair and said no way in hell will Trump ever be reinstated. I don't even have a FB account but I've seen what Trump managed to do with Twitter.

Two years of less noise sounds really good to me, I have definitely enjoyed it so far on Twitter.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll take FB's half-a-loaf decision in gratitude, even if I'd rather they grew a pair and said no way in hell will Trump ever be reinstated. I don't even have a FB account but I've seen what Trump managed to do with Twitter.

Two years of less noise sounds really good to me, I have definitely enjoyed it so far on Twitter.
Every time I think the fucker is dead his lack of shame allows him extra life. Facts are irrelevant.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

My Twitter is worse than ever.

It has started to recommend nothing but Trumpist right wing qanon crap and stuff. I’m not following any political figures at all, just some independent content creators that either keep their mouths shut about politics or say sane stuff like “mass shootings are horrible”.

C4366AF1-7720-4BED-9007-C242E259B6FD.jpeg

I’ve spammed “See less often” to no avail. 😭

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Well he’s definitely not being reinstated on Facebook any time soon
Facebook is totally full of crap. They had a rule, then they changed it. Then they formed this commission, then they didn’t take the commission’s recommendation. Now they’ve got a new rule, and Trump is banned for 2 years under this new rule? The exception for “newsworthy” content is gone… for now?

They can change their rules at any time, with no notice. They are just doing whatever the heck they want, and making up rules to justify what they decide…. It’s like they took MacRumors moderation to a whole new level.

Don‘t be surprised when they change this again… and again, and….

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just realized that if Trump suddenly appears on any public social media platform there is probably a small army of people who have been honing their troll skills just waiting for the opportunity. I wouldn’t be surprised if Trump’s swamp barnacles have been trying to negotiate a way to protect him from said army before he emerges.

lizkat

Reaction score
My Twitter is worse than ever.

It has started to recommend nothing but Trumpist right wing qanon crap and stuff. I’m not following any political figures at all, just some independent content creators that either keep their mouths shut about politics or say sane stuff like “mass shootings are horrible”.

View attachment 5788

I’ve spammed “See less often” to no avail. 😭

I got ruthless after the elections and unfollowed almost everything and everyone except the main accounts for online newspaper or magazine outlets to which I subscribe, plus a few reporters or blog writers, and even with the latter I pare those down when Twitter starts dragging into my timeline too many posts that those accounts have "liked". I have slightly better luck just following birdwatchers, they don't seem to fetch many extraneous posts into my line and their photos are always fun.

Anyway during summer in non-election years (and I'm ignoring the mayoral races of my old stomping grounds in NYC this year) I spend far less time on Twitter or even with my newspapers except in these stretches of rainy days when I can't go out and beat back the jungle from where I'm trying to grow a few veggies.

It was during a rainstorm the other day that I came back in the house and bumped into that Bodega Cats Twitter account I'm hooked on now... I'll always be a fan of any cat that sleeps all day in a bodega and only presumably hunts mice at night. The guy who ran a bodega I favored down in the city said he suspected his cat actually spent most of his nights up in some top rack in the catfood aisle playing with the cat toys... while the damn mice tried to get into the cereal boxes a couple aisles over.

Top Bottom
1 2