Trump, The SCOTUS, and the 14th Amendment

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This one seems worthy of its own thread. The prevailing theory is that they will rule in his favor, considering it's stacked with right the same wing extremists who overturned Roe v Wade this likely won't come as a surprise. Maybe what we hear during the session will give an idea though.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of issues with the initiative, and I agree that it is a long shot at best to save our country from the Orange Menace and the MAGA mental geniuses. Mostly because the cowardly Republicans wouldn't convict him after the second impeachment.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I have heard people who know far more than I do about any of this (not a hard feat, admittedly) give every theory under the sun. Nobody really knows what's going to happen. I'm not too bothered either way about Trump remaining on the ballot per se, but NOT if we don't get a precedent. If he stays on or gets booted, fine, but we need to have a precedent and clearer understanding. This way, whether Trump stays on or not, the cause was worthy and we get something out of it. It would be a dereliction of duty if efforts aren't made by the judiciary to prevent something like J6 from happening again, and to have clear guardrails in place if it does.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Based on the questions from the SCOTUS justices so far, I'm quite sure they're going to overturn the Colorado Supreme Court's decision without weighing in on whether Trump participated in an insurrection.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Based on the questions from the SCOTUS justices so far, I'm quite sure they're going to overturn the Colorado Supreme Court's decision without weighing in on whether Trump participated in an insurrection.
Agreed, but I think Thomas should have recused himself even though his vote probably isn't needed to overturn this.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I'm in the camp that is more interesting in the court plugging the holes than dealing with this particular voyage. I expect the court to rule in his favor. If not, the next few weeks should be quite interesting. But what I'm really interested in is not allowing ourselves to get back into this position again down the road.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
It wouldn't do the case any favors, but I'd love if one of the lawyers representing Colorado would respond to one of the conservative judges "Well, the amendment is far more clear than the Supreme Court code of ethics."

Top Bottom
1 2