What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Heads up! Lots of new stuff coming at the end of this month, including a few reboots:

Foundation? Looks interesting based on its rep and the fact that David Goyer is involved.

Midnight Mass? Again, if Mike Flanagan is involved, I'll have to check it out.

La Brea? The commercials for it are intriguing, but this kind of concept sounds more appropriate for a limited series rather than an ongoing one.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Heads up! Lots of new stuff coming at the end of this month, including a few reboots:

Some potentially great new stuff.

Inside Job, a new adult animated show from Shion Takeuchi, she's been involved with Pixar, she was a head writer for Gravity Falls (which was genius, the art style for this looks the same).

Cowboy Bebop, a favorite of mine as Anime, could be a really cool as live action, and Spike (the main role) is being played by John Cho, that's fantastic!

Y: The Last Man, incredible comic, looks like it's setup to b a really solid adaptation, but it's pretty crazy material.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
SUCCESSION!!

DEXTER!!!!

Hope it doesn't disappoint.

-----------------------------------------------

Also, Ted Lasso!

We're halfway through S1 and without a doubt, the funniest show in years. So glad I found it (so thanks whoever posted it). While Ted is the funniest, my favorite character is Roy. He is a good person under the gruff and wants to hate Ted, but finds himself buying in anyway, but also annoyed at the same time. I read an article that Jason Sudekis has kept the story line basically to himself so the actors have to act "in the moment" because, like in real life, they have no idea what is going to happen next.

On a side note, do Brits really talk that way? I mean is it normal to call someone a wanker as you pass them on the street? I seriously can't imagine calling someone "Hey Jackoff" as I pass them.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
La Brea? The commercials for it are intriguing, but this kind of concept sounds more appropriate for a limited series rather than an ongoing one.
That reminds me of a British show I used to watch called Primeval. Hopefully it will be as good.
Cowboy Bebop, a favorite of mine as Anime, could be a really cool as live action, and Spike (the main role) is being played by John Cho, that's fantastic!
John Cho? Count me in! I’m not an anime fan, but somehow I know the stories of a lot of them.
Y: The Last Man, incredible comic, looks like it's setup to b a really solid adaptation, but it's pretty crazy material.
This could be good. Or it could be the old Sean Connery Zardoz in series form.
While Ted is the funniest, my favorite character is Roy. He is a good person under the gruff and wants to hate Ted, but finds himself buying in anyway, but also annoyed at the same time
I adore Roy! He gets better as the series progresses. But it’s an ensemble show at its finest. I love all the characters.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
That reminds me of a British show I used to watch called Primeval. Hopefully it will be as good.

John Cho? Count me in! I’m not an anime fan, but somehow I know the stories of a lot of them.

This could be good. Or it could be the old Sean Connery Zardoz in series form.

I adore Roy! He gets better as the series progresses. But it’s an ensemble show at its finest. I love all the characters.
Primeval was the time travel sci fi show? I think I liked it for several seasons, until we discovered where the baddies came from. And the fact that it was a different plot line each year.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Based on your tip we watched the first 3 episodes of S1 and (y). If you told me there was a show called Evil about demonic possessions I would of had a negative attitude going in (I did), but the characters grabbed me and at least it is is not one of those perpetually dark shows. I loved the head priest attitude.
Investigator: Look here I’ve got a picture of a spirt.
Priest: Does it have anything to do with the miracle?
Investigator: Well, no.
Priest: Ehh.

I've been cheerleading for Evil since it began. Nice to see more people catching up to it. (Some of you will surpass me as I'm waiting for the Paramount+ season to finish before I watch it.)

I think what makes this show great is that even working within the constraints of network TV, without the benefits of a lot of gore and special effects, it still manages to scare the crap out of me.

And you know, if I ever met Michael Emerson on the street, I'm sure I'd have the urge to punch him out. That's how good he is at playing that smug, scheming bastard Leland. I really wanna deck Leland.

667531E7-DBEE-4ECC-983B-06326BE9D071.jpeg

Just finished Season 1 of Evil, so good, and nothing is resolved at the end (of S1). Now it’s onto Amazon Prime Video/Paramount for Season 2 ($6 for a month).

Note: Season 1 is available on Netflix until the end of Sept 2021.

D

Deleted member 215

Last edited by a moderator:

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Finished season 6 episode 1 of Lucifer. Too many things already just don’t feel right. I hope they don’t screw this up.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Finished season 6 episode 1 of Lucifer. Too many things already just don’t feel right. I hope they don’t screw this up.
I saw episodes 1 and 2… not sure why they made an additional season, but I will give it a chance… not great so far.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I binged the whole season yesterday. There were many things I liked about it and some that I didn’t. But we all always argue about things centering on time travel.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
I binged the whole season yesterday. There were many things I liked about it and some that I didn’t. But we all always argue about things centering on time travel.
It’ll be a few days before I’ll finish. I’m going to try keeping an open mind.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Ted Lasso sure cleaned up at the Emmy's. Really loving that show.

But something occurred to me that is a bit depressing. When channel surfing I will stop on shows like Cheers or Seinfeld or Friends and watch a few minutes. Not sure we will ever get that with Ted Lasso. Jason Sudekis planned for a 3 season run which at 10 eps a season won't be enough to get it into syndication. And I won't flip over to ATV+ just to watch it when I have a few minutes. So I probably won't ever see it again after we watch it. And that is a bit sad.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
Just remember it’s all fantasy and you are expected to suspend any concept of reality while watching.
Finished it tonight.
haven’t figured out spoilers, so don’t read if you intend to watch.

I know it wouldn’t have had the same emotional impact, but if Amanadiel can be there for Charlie, why couldn’t Lucifer for his family. Argh!

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I know it wouldn’t have had the same emotional impact, but if Amanadiel can be there for Charlie, why couldn’t Lucifer for his family. Argh!
I never figured that out either. Unless it’s more difficult to rule hell than heaven?

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
I never figured that out either. Unless it’s more difficult to rule hell than heaven?
A quick google search lead to some additional inconsistencies, some of which I'd also noticed like Trixie not being present at the deathbed, etc.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Giving Y: The Last Man a shot. Surprisingly promising adaption so far, one episode in. Let’s see if it continues that way, the initial events are pretty straightforward all things considered.

Top Bottom
1 2