What are you doing today?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Today I start round one of interviews with participants for my study. Yay!!

Best of luck.

Today, I headed into the city, visited the library where I returned a number of books, and picked up two, one of which had been recommended by @Clix Pix.

Next, was a visit to the French bakery (I had phoned them this morning, and, finding that they had baguettes and rye bread still, asked them to hold some for me; that, and a lemon cake, completed my purchases).

This was followed by a visit to the cheesemonger - I was out of blue cheese, and, thus, purchased a few cheeses, (Gorgonzola Dolcelatte, Torta de Casar, Queso de Ulloa, Serena, Comte,) and some cold cuts (Iberico ham, Cecina, Serrano ham), and membrillo paste (made from quince), plus some guanciale (rather than pancetta).

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Ran to CVS using the excuse “I ate the last of your Twizzlers so I need to get you a new pack.” When we got there I said “gosh, while we’re here, how bout us getting our flu shots.” Sometimes I’m so deviously clever I scare myself.
It's already that time again isn't it? We'll be getting ours as well, Kaiser has a drive-thru close by.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's already that time again isn't it? We'll be getting ours as well, Kaiser has a drive-thru close by.
Believe it or not, yes. I got an email from CVS the other day reminding me about flu shots and I was like “already?!” I usually get my flu shot at school in October. Hello. It’s already September.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, yes. I got an email from CVS the other day reminding me about flu shots and I was like “already?!” I usually get my flu shot at school in October. Hello. It’s already September.
Got a CVS notice end of last week. Stopped in Target Monday, intending to go to CVS for a walk-in shot. They were closed for the holiday. Doh!! Getting my shot tomorrow after a medical appointment.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
A chat with Decent Brother, who phoned.

Then, a nap. (Good grief, I am turning into my parents).

Now, to look at a book.

If you like the "Dr. Rick, Don't turn into your parents" commercials from Progressive, there are more on youtube that didn't air on TV.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
If you like the "Dr. Rick, Don't turn into your parents" commercials from Progressive, there are more on youtube that didn't air on TV.

What is Progressive, (other than a political and socio-cultural perspective that I find rather attractive?)

I'm not American, so many US cultural references pass me by completely.

But, yes, succumbing to nap attacks on the sofa........Decent Brother has confessed to the same thing, and we both think we are running the risk of turning into our parents, which is an extraordinary thought.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Those ads are hysterical, mostly because they're so on the nose.

"Did he ask for your help?"

@Scepticalscribe

It's an ad campaign by a large insurance company here in the US - insurance companies, of all industries, have been doing amazingly creative ad work in the past few years.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I __think__ we're going grab some wings/sandwiches/whatnot from the Pubs and hangout down at The Point for a few hours (after the little G gets home), you know, assuming the weather cooperates.

And no, I don't plan on winding up like that RAM truck in a previous post ;D

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
What is Progressive, (other than a political and socio-cultural perspective that I find rather attractive?)

I'm not American, so many US cultural references pass me by completely.

But, yes, succumbing to nap attacks on the sofa........Decent Brother has confessed to the same thing, and we both think we are running the risk of turning into our parents, which is an extraordinary thought.
I started taking regular naps 5/6 years ago. Best. Thing. Ever!! Seriously, gives me energy later as I'm usually a night owl when it comes to work for myself. And add in regular walks in the nabe.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I __think__ we're going grab some wings/sandwiches/whatnot from the Pubs and hangout down at The Point for a few hours (after the little G gets home), you know, assuming the weather cooperates.

And no, I don't plan on winding up like that RAM truck in a previous post ;D

OK, scratch that ordered Taco Libre and catching up on AHS and Haunting/Bly ... :D

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I started taking regular naps 5/6 years ago. Best. Thing. Ever!! Seriously, gives me energy later as I'm usually a night owl when it comes to work for myself. And add in regular walks in the nabe.

I can't nap, sometimes I'm totally wrecked and just crash and burn during the day, but unless it's a can't-stay-awake-even-with-chemicals sort of thing, I'd rather stay up and go to bed early.

D

Deleted member 215

Today is the first day in weeks that the AQI here is in the green zone. I could tell when I got up by how blue the sky was. It's sad that clean air is now a luxury in northern California during the summer, but that's what these ever-worsening fire seasons are doing to us. So with that in mind, I think I'm going to go for a 15-mile bike ride today. :)

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Today I had a sort out of my office desk. Swapped out some HDMI/USBC leads for my monitors that had been misbehaving. Then I de scaled the kettle and shower head (both overdue!), Also took out some tree stump for Mrs AFB in the garden.

This was all after a full day at work of course. Now I'm chilling on the internet and listening to music with a nice cup of tea.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Got to hang out with niece and nephew again, finally. Been way too long, everyone healthy at last! Amazing what kids pick up at kindergarten (and how often). Ah well, I’m sure it’s good exercise for their immune systems.

Highlight of the day: Nephew walked a few steps from his mother to uncle @Pumbaa. This kid’s going places, I tell ya! 😍

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
Not a napper here, either. I'm pretty much a night owl and since I am retired I can stay up half the night while reading a good book and then sleep in a bit later in the morning if I so desire. About the only times I've ever napped, dozed off or been in bed during the day is if I'm ill or recovering from surgery.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2