What are you doing today?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Did another participant interview this morning. It was amazing. I couldn’t have asked for better if I’d told her what I wanted her to say. She fell right into my theoretical framework and her responses to my questions supported it completely.

U

User.45

Subspecialty board prep... It's quite uninspiring because I've reviewed the high-yield stuff a million times, even wrote some book chapters on it. And the low yield stuff is...well...low yield. I'll be fine, but I feel guilty for not doing my usual study-my-ass-off routine this time around.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
We came downtown for a wander this morning. Gorgeous day out and only 81 degrees so far.

75F1963D-D5D8-49F6-9AED-4A7E3408208D.jpeg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yesterday I started my annual battle of the vines in the green space behind our property. These vines want to cover up the trees and shrubs. If I think about it, I‘ll take a picture of where I have not yet ripped them out. I plan on continuing today. Clear skies today but a tropical storm (Nicholas) is supposed to roll by and give us some rain.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Putting all my morning meeting off and taking my eldest daughter for a Covid test. First time for our household since the pandemic began. The kids have only been back in school for a week [emoji2359]

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Putting all my morning meeting off and taking my eldest daughter for a Covid test. First time for our household since the pandemic began. The kids have only been back in school for a week [emoji2359]

That's such a drag. My kid's gotten three tests since the pandemic began, including one because of school. He's COVID free. Good luck.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yesterday I started my annual battle of the vines in the green space behind our property.

I've been fighting that battle, I'm losing ... :ROFLMAO:

On a positive note, the palmetto cleanup is going really well. I must've trimmed 300+ fronds, and I finally made my way into the center of the larger group - it was dark, perilous, wild beasts everywhere ... then the drums started.

Looks really nice to have them cut back nice and sparse, there was like years of dead fronds, limbs, leaves all piled up in the middle, got most of that cleaned out. Our plan is to cover the ground with river rock, kind of tie together the two palmetto groups, along with the adjacent oaks, add some lighting / decorative something-something.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Good luck with it. I've not been for a test either (although I have done the home ones). I've not been ill or with people who have on account that I'm a hermit. Lock down? What lock down? This is just normal living for me.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
You ever get crazy questions that just pop into your head from absolutely nowhere? I got one of those the other night. Since I can't seem to let this one go, I thought I'd get more input.

Let say you run a school for the blind. Not kids with poor vision, but straight up blind kids who can't see a thing. And the teachers are blind too. Just a whole mess of blind people. Just for the sake of argument, we'll says the kids in this school are K-12. So the question is: do the kids need separate male and female restrooms?

My gut says "of course they do, that's a pretty dumb question". And my brain says "because..." and then just gets stuck. I'm sure I'm just looking at things way too logically here and there's tons of reasons that I'm not seeing. I just want to know what comes after "because".

Keep in mind that it's generally socially acceptable for me to stand outside a porta-potty while a women does her business just feet away (if I'm in line of course; people still don't like pervs just hovering about). And that's because there's a plastic shell that prevents anyone from seeing them.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Let say you run a school for the blind. Not kids with poor vision, but straight up blind kids who can't see a thing. And the teachers are blind too. Just a whole mess of blind people. Just for the sake of argument, we'll says the kids in this school are K-12. So the question is: do the kids need separate male and female restrooms?
The only reason we need separate restrooms now is because so many (mostly) women use the space to do things like fix hair, makeup, bra straps, etc. If there were just enclosed stalls with sinks and a little room, you wouldn’t ever need separate venues.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Played hooky most of the day, up early for the normal school schedule, then I made excessive coffee, did a few small work chores - dropped the wife off at the dentist, came home, waited, switched vehicles - picked her up in the Jeep, and we drove over to / then on, the beach, walked up to a terrific joint called the Beachcomber, had some terrific eats, jumped in the ocean for a few.

Got the little G some takeout for a treat, got home, did a short yoga practice, made a HUGE drink (I scored Absolut Vanilia for ~$15/750ml, I bought a case :D). Now we're queued up for AHS, and an early bedtime :D

The beach over on the island was super quiet ...

IMG_8111.jpeg

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The only reason we need separate restrooms now is because so many (mostly) women use the space to do things like fix hair, makeup, bra straps, etc. If there were just enclosed stalls with sinks and a little room, you wouldn’t ever need separate venues.

Trust me, you do not want to be in a bathroom with me after Taco Tuesday. Fair warning. :)

Side question for the females: In a bathroom, do you want/need a place to sit to do makeup, hair etc. We are redoing the bathrooms in my mom's house and she had a separate room with a sink on one side and a table on the other where she could sit and do her makeup etc. The realtor wants it all gone and turned into a closet. My wife says no one in our generation or younger wants to sit at a counter. I have no idea. Thoughts?

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I needed gas, so while there, I ran into the little store for a beverage. And the back door was open. As I'm walking in, a guy who's worked there for years is walking around with no shirt on asking people if they can still smell it (I smelled nothing unusual). Then he said "We got hit HARD" and disappeared into the back of the store again. The other employees were still fully clothed and acting like nothing out of the ordinary was happening. The end.

I'm kind of happy I have no clue what all that was about. I'd bet the truth is far more boring than my imagination.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Trust me, you do not want to be in a bathroom with me after Taco Tuesday. Fair warning. :)

Side question for the females: In a bathroom, do you want/need a place to sit to do makeup, hair etc. We are redoing the bathrooms in my mom's house and she had a separate room with a sink on one side and a table on the other where she could sit and do her makeup etc. The realtor wants it all gone and turned into a closet. My wife says no one in our generation or younger wants to sit at a counter. I have no idea. Thoughts?

Depends on subjective stuff such as personal preference, and practical stuff, such as whether you have someplace else (well lit, convenient and comfortable) to carry out such tasks.

My mother's bedroom was large, commodious, exceptionally well lit (by natural light and by lamps - you need to be well able to see what you are doing) and well equipped with proper units - sink, a decent, good quality, mirror, wardrobes, armchairs, bedside tables, (and bed, yes) and lots and lots of warm comfortable, welcoming space; in other words, as she already had more than sufficient room (and light) and space, in her bedroom, she didn't need this facility in her bathroom.

However, as a woman, you can never have too much space, or light (proper lighting, good quality, well placed mirrors), or heat/warmth at a level that is convenient for her, in a bathroom (or bedroom).

Anyway, ask her what she needs, wants, would like, or prefers.

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My wife says no one in our generation or younger wants to sit at a counter. I have no idea. Thoughts?

Agreed. My wife would never sit at a "counter" to do makeup, it's kind of a bygone concept, and we're not "kids", I would say storage/closet-space trumps that. A bathroom with ample space, lighting, mirrors, etc., would be better, and especially if combined with huge closets.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Depends on subjective stuff such as personal preference, and practical stuff, such as whether you haev someplace else (well lit, convenient and comfortable ) to carry out such tasks.

My mother's bedroom was large, commodious, exceptionally well lit (by natural light and by lamps - you need to be well able to see what you are doing) and well equipped with proper units - sink, a decent, good quality, mirror, wardrobes, armchairs, bedside tables, (and bed, yes) and lots and lots of warm comfortable, welcoming space; in other words, as she already had more than sufficient room (and light) and space, in her bedroom, she didn't need this facility in her bathroom.

However, as a woman, you can never have too much space, or light (proper lighting, good quality, well placed mirrors), or heat/warmth at a level that is convenient for her, in a bathroom (or bedroom).

Anyway, ask her what she needs, wants, would like, or prefers.

Thanks. It's not for her, but to maximize the price at sale.

Top Bottom
1 2