Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yes! Elysian Space Dust IPA was BOGO (in 6-packs) at the grocery today o_O

73 IBU
8.2% ABV
91 BA Score

Excellent.

Citrus hops, juicy, moderate mid malts, gets back into the really pine/bitter hops for a long, dry finish.

Hrafn

Snowflake from Hell
Reaction score
It is still raining here. I know that surprises many of you. We’ve started loading emergency supplies into the kayak, which is now in the attic for easy launch.
That would be funny if it weren't so scary "Q: where do you launch your kayak from? A: the attic of course, it's the only remaining safe place to do so..."

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Woo!

IMG_8112 copy.jpg

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I was reading a story this afternoon about the largest and most expensive house in the world. It's 105,000 sq. ft. And it's valued at about $500 million.

But what stood out was this quote:

Nearly a decade in the making, the home sits atop a hill in Bel Air, with views of the Los Angeles basin. The colossal home features 20 bedrooms, including eight bedrooms for the staff and a three-bedroom guest house, approximately 6 elevators, a library, cigar room and candy room, according to a two-part home tour posted on YouTube in April.

Wait, "approximately" 6 elevators? Does one of them only go up 2.5 floors and you need to open the doors and climb out the rest of the way? Is there an elevator car that's 70% elevator car and 30% missing? Is there an empty elevator shaft somewhere? Does one of them just work from time to time? If they'd said "approximately 5 elevators" when there are in fact 6 elevators, I'd find that extremely lazy writing, but technically accurate. But 6? Who rounds things off to the nearest multiple of 6? Might it have been 5 or 7? Perhaps 9? Was it 9 and you just get tired of counting?

I didn't realize elevators came in anything but whole numbers. Like I could easily have approximately 3 bags of flour or approximately $20 on me. But I only have 2 kids. Not approximately 2. Not almost 2. Not just a smidge over 2. It's 2. I prefer my elevators the way I prefer children, whole numbers only please.

Is this one of those weird real estate things like 2.5 bathrooms? That's another silly thing, just say there's 3 bathrooms and two of them are equipped for bathing, but I'm getting off track. I wouldn't have thought there would be a need for shorthand, silly or not, for listing the number of elevators in a home. But what do I know? I can't even afford one elevator. I'm still walking up and down stairs like a damn fool.

In unrelated news, I've had a very productive morning which has settled into a boring afternoon. So I'm finding myself amused by the silliest of things.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't have thought there would be a need for shorthand, silly or not, for listing the number of elevators in a home.
The house team probably doesn't know exactly. There could have been a last minute design change and/or one of the elevators could be part of a security detail. During a historic neighborhood tour I visited a Harlem brownstone and discovered a secret elevator that was put in by the new owners. I'm sure illegally. He said it was a security thing and left it at that. We believe it went to a secure room.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
The house team probably doesn't know exactly. There could have been a last minute design change and/or one of the elevators could be part of a security detail. During a historic neighborhood tour I visited a Harlem brownstone and discovered a secret elevator that was put in by the new owners. I'm sure illegally. He said it was a security thing and left it at that. We believe it went to a secure room.

I was expecting someone to say it was just bad writing. So I appreciate you went down the crazy secret elevator path and not the obvious path. That's super intriguing! :ROFLMAO:

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I was expecting someone to say it was just bad writing. So I appreciate you went down the crazy secret elevator path and not the obvious path. That's super intriguing! :ROFLMAO:
You're right. Bad writing and editing. The "producer" should have gotten the exact number or explained why "approximately" was used.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Saturday we drove to MCO (Orlando International), Wife had a morning flight on Sunday up to PA for some family business, so instead of getting up at 4a, and dealing with driving and flying the same day, we just took our time, got a nice room at the in-airport Hyatt, the 3 of us had a nice long dinner. Then a much more casual Sunday since security is like 5 minutes from the Hyatt (this is all inside).

vs. our previous trip, we weren't at a resort that had charging, so had to account for that on the return trip for me and Daughter, which is actually a first for my Tesla ownership.

Wow, was that as simple and easy as it gets! I selected a Suc (Supercharger) about 50 miles from MCO, and about 80 miles from home, pulled in with 20% charge. This is a Level 3 charger and wow, it's quick.

By selecting the SuC on the in car navigation, it not inly navs you there, but it shows the number of chargers, how many are active, how many are in use is real time. It also as you get close, puts the car into Pre-Conditioning mode which maximizes charging speed.

1632147663218.png

A Level 3 is a 250 kW charger, so that was showing in the charger screen as 245 at 962 miles/hour charging rate!

~12 minutes added ~160 miles, basically the time so go into the Wawa, use the restroom, grab a new supplies. Fantastic.

I snapped this Live Photo walking back to the car, none of the light beams/Star Trek F/X were added by me, hahaha, it was just the way the light was reflecting off the camera as I was walking :D

IMG_8120.gif

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Arn clearly read it, just refused to address like he normally does. He basically fields technical issues and puts on blinders when it comes to anything around humanity.

He's such a robot, no passion, no deep human engagement, the only time I saw a little emotion, was when we was acting like a 5 year old over something in the SFF area ... FTG.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Damn dude, nice!

That wound up being a really terrific stop too, just right off of I4, easy access, the chargers have that nice woodsy backdrop (vs. just being surrounded by concrete). You can pre-order food online from the Wawa and they'll bring it out to your car while you sit and charge (there's some other fast food at the same stop if you wanted to have a little walk, get something else).

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I downloaded some new music for Beat Saber recently. Today I played that old favorite, "Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini". I've known it all my life, but I'd never listened to the lyrics before. I was rather shocked.

For those who aren't familiar with the song, here's the basic facts. Some girl has a really tiny bikini with yellow polka dots. Maybe she thought it looked cute, but is regretting her decision. Maybe she forgot her suit and had to borrow one. Maybe the dick singing the song got it for it. It's not really clear.

Now this is a song my parents would have listened to, so it probably came down to her knees. But that's not the point. As you listen to the song, she's put on the new bikini, but doesn't want to come out of the dressing room. When she finally does, she's wrapped up in a beach blanket. By the end of the song, she's somehow made it into the water. The singer is watching and commenting how she's starting to turn blue, doesn't want to get out and wondering what she'll do next.

I was blown away. How about you stop being a jackass and get the lady the towel? She's clearly uncomfortable in her "tiny" swimsuit and would rather not get out of the water with fools like you watching and writing songs about it.

How did this song ever become popular? 🤷‍♂️

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I was blown away. How about you stop being a jackass and get the lady the towel? She's clearly uncomfortable in her "tiny" swimsuit and would rather not get out of the water with fools like you watching and writing songs about it.

How did this song ever become popular? 🤷‍♂️

I was born in the mid 60's, so I started listening to the radio in the early to mid 70's. When I hear some of those songs today, I think wow, no way would our parents have let us listen to this had they known.

Some of them seem innocent until you actually read the lyrics as you did.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Birthday dinner with BFF and then Dune, so no time yet to spice up my Apple devices with the latest incremental goodies.

Dinner got more complicated than expected, I am apparently so used to the pandemic that it totally slipped my mind to check if there was a game at the stadium next to the mall before planning the evening. Turned out a pretty big game was starting one hour before our screening of Dune. Crowded everywhere, supporters eating and drinking before the game… 😂

Top Bottom
1 2