What are you doing today?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
...contemplating murdering our local FedEx driver, as he's said two days in a row now that we weren't home at 10:13 - 10:30am as he's "attempted delivery" with the "customer unavailable or business closed". (Hint: Yes, we were home and not on the phone).

Me, I think it's because it's an 89lb box and he's just too lazy to move it off of the truck. Maybe today is his Friday and next attempt we'll actually get someone that wants to do their job.

My daughter hated her FedEx driver. He would carry the light stuff up to the 3rd floor, but left the heavy stuff on the ground floor. If he can't carry a box of Ikea furniture up the stairs, how are 2 college girls going to do it. They had to open the boxes and carry the pieces up individually.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
@Herdfan Spring for the Ikea delivery :D

1657035265606.png

(I realize that's not always an option but the price is totally worth it)

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have nothing scheduled for today. Got lots done yesterday though. Picked up a clock from the clock repair guy, went out for breakfast, got a pedicure, and did two bouts of swimming.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
The FedEx fun continues. Even though I spoke to the supervisor for the drivers in the area as well as Customer Service (twice) on Monday (and made it clear, as they haven't been successful in delivering it Sunday/Monday (3/4) that they were to attempt delivery #3 on Thursday the 7th (today). You would think, having confirmed this with 3 people, that it would be set, right? Nope. Idiot driver attempted delivery on Tuesday the 5th (FedEx's system also said 3rd attempt would be on the 5th) - so, yes, many hands doing nothing over at FedEx. Oh - and when he attempted delivery, he actually DID use the buzzer this time - so I had the opportunity to share my sentiments on FedEx with this driver, explaining how three others were to make sure the delivery was Thursday the 7th "Well, no-one told me!" - told him to talk to his supervisor.

Current status shows no delivery date. Time to call customer service yet again to see what they're doing...sigh.

Edit: Talked to a Customer Service Rep - she informed me, as 3 delivery attempts had been made, I have to go pick it up at the depot (even though she saw in the records that I've talked to customer service multiple times and saw at least 2 requests in the system for delivery #3 to be made today *sigh*). Told her I wanted to talk to her manager. She put in a request for a manager callback (within the next hour).
30 minutes later the manager called me back - filled him in on the chronology as well as giving him the cell number of the "driver supervisor" that also assured me of a Thursday delivery. He's going to make some calls and try to get me a delivery for tomorrow (Friday the 8th). Told me he'll definitely call me back within the next 3 hours (as his shift ends at 3pm ET) to confirm delivery for tomorrow. We'll see (I'm thinking sitting out front on a lawn chair to show the driver how to do his job may be necessary). Wee!!!

Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Headed into the farmers' market today - and also took in the French bakery, and the cheesemonger's.

Cherry tomatoes, red peppers, chilli peppers, aubergines (eggplant), courgettes (zucchini), fresh (new season's) garlic, and olives were all purchased; fruit purchased included lemons, pink grapefruit, apricots, cherries, mangoes, and nectarines.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Made a huge mistake. One that I know better than to do.

I went to WalMart on a Saturday. I would just love to know what makes people decide that taking the entire family (grandparents, parents, kids, grandkids etc.) all together is a good idea.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Headed into the farmers' market today - and also took in the French bakery, and the cheesemonger's.

Cherry tomatoes, red peppers, chilli peppers, aubergines (eggplant), courgettes (zucchini), fresh (new season's) garlic, and olives were all purchased; fruit purchased included lemons, pink grapefruit, apricots, cherries, mangoes, and nectarines.
Hope you got some bread and cheese as well!

Here it’s hot. Too hot. Went for an early morning walk. Vacuumed the car. Did some weeding. Now I’ve retreated to the slightly cooler house. All the blinds are closed. But it’s still too warm for me.

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Reaction score
Kid’s birthday party for me where my wife said all the ‘Dad’s are going, you’ll be fine’. I’m the only Dad there!

Washed the cars this morning and ceramic sprayed my A4. Got a hot afternoon planned moving building materials around my garden, the joy.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Hope you got some bread and cheese as well!

Here it’s hot. Too hot. Went for an early morning walk. Vacuumed the car. Did some weeding. Now I’ve retreated to the slightly cooler house. All the blinds are closed. But it’s still too warm for me.

What is your humidity like? Ours is brutal in the summer so even on days when it isn't 90, it is still miserable to be out sometimes. Then a quick shower comes through and just makes it worse.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Kid’s birthday party for me where my wife said all the ‘Dad’s are going, you’ll be fine’. I’m the only Dad there!

Washed the cars this morning and ceramic sprayed my A4. Got a hot afternoon planned moving building materials around my garden, the joy.
Sounds like my idea of hell. Enjoy the jelly and ice cream.
Too hot to wash the cars today. Full sun on my drive. The water would be dry before I get my sponge out of the bucket.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
What is your humidity like? Ours is brutal in the summer so even on days when it isn't 90, it is still miserable to be out sometimes. Then a quick shower comes through and just makes it worse.

Our HVAC system has a dehumidifier (AC will dehumidify a bit without this, but this is a specific option/setup).

Generally, once things get balanced out, the outlet flow is pretty small, but leave a door/windows open, and fire it up? Hahaha, it's like a fire hose :D

The new air purifier has a humidity analyzer, it's been showing around 50 ± 3-5 depending on the time of day, AC activity, etc., we keep things pleasant during the day, but really drop the AC in the evenings (which drop the humidity as well).

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Made a huge mistake. One that I know better than to do.

I went to WalMart on a Saturday. I would just love to know what makes people decide that taking the entire family (grandparents, parents, kids, grandkids etc.) all together is a good idea.
I used to do all the shopping at WalMart. I don’t even remember the last time I went in one now. Years, probably.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Here's my ongoing Walmart fun :D

I love Bundaberg diet ginger beer. It shows in our liquor chain store (ABC) on occasion, also Target and Walmart. Walmart is generally the cheapest too ($5.98 vs. $7.99 at ABC, Target is usually between those two). There's one Publix around here that occasionally has it too, it's not our usual store down the street, but I do pop in on occasion to check.

Walmart has not had in stock in the store for months, but had it online, same price and for $35 or more, free shipping, so I was like, excellent, I'll just get it delivered ...

:cautious:

It's sold in 4 packs of 375ml glass bottles, and the packaging is very lightweight.

The first time I got 8 packages (8 x 4-packs), and it showed in two boxes of 4 packages each. One of the bottles was broken in one box, even though things were pretty decently packaged, each 4-pack was wrapped in cushion-y paper, then heavier paper, and in separate bags, though the box had a bit of room for them to move around.

So I get a refund of one of the 4-packs:

1657469453255.png

Which was cool, since it gave me 3 bottles for free.

I'm pretty happy with the service, availability, price, so about a month later, I place the same order, 8 of the 4-packs, they split them the same way, 2 boxes of 4 x 4-packs each. This time, when I go out to get them, the top box is wrecked: wet, torn up, hahaha, even I wind up dropping a bottle attempting to clean/remove everything. But I have 7 perfectly fine 4-packs and the 1 loose bottle. So again, I contact CS, and this time, they do this:

1657469647545.png

That's right, they refund the entire order (vs. a partial credit). OK, so I was fine with just a partial refund, and I expect to pay for what I drink, but OK, whatever, I get it all for free :D

Time to order again, I go with 2 fewer, so that's 6 of the 4-packs, and it winds up in a single box, so maybe better?

It makes it into the truck, it's OFD, it's going to make it by the "end of day" ... <sad_trombone> ... I see this:

1657469785273.png

:ROFLMAO:

No explanation, but I bet the driver was moving stuff around, broke it / found it broken, halted the delivery.

So this is 3 for 3, what the f*** is up FedEx? Or maybe it's the Walmart shipping/packaging side and FedEx needs that resolved? Is Walmart going to continue to ship this to make and have it shown up broken every time? Do they maybe just need to remove from being available online?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I used to do all the shopping at WalMart. I don’t even remember the last time I went in one now. Years, probably.

There are WalMart's, and then there are Walmart's. As a general rule, ours are pretty nice stores. Clean, well-lit, usually well stocked. Not bad at all as the store and employees go. Just need to not go on the weekends (Sunday morning is actually not bad as everything is restocked and only us heathens who aren't in church are there. ;))

But I have been to the ones in cities and completely understand why they have the rep they have.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Can’t stand any supermarket shopping. We order most online these days. Mrs AFB pops to the local Aldi once a week. Cheap and the only one she feels comfortable driving to.

Top Bottom
1 2