What are you doing today?

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
How very right you are.

Tomorrow, as it happens.

What a nice time of year for a birthday! Spring flowers popping up even if there's still the odd cold or even snowy day some years.

Anyway many happy returns of the day proper if i don't pop back in here tomorrow.

So much going on now trying to clear away winter debris and unmulch a few less tender things before the guy comes to rake up and then mow for the first time. Some things about life don't change despite the pandemic and a lot of them seem to be in my yard.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
What a nice time of year for a birthday! Spring flowers popping up even if there's still the odd cold or even snowy day some years.

Anyway many happy returns of the day proper if i don't pop back in here tomorrow.

So much going on now trying to clear away winter debris and unmulch a few less tender things before the guy comes to rake up and then mow for the first time. Some things about life don't change despite the pandemic and a lot of them seem to be in my yard.

Yes, it is.

I have filled these threads (and also posted at length in the place some of us are exiled - or, self-exiled - from) with loud protestations re my passionate and profound loathing of winter, but, to balance that, I do love spring, (and not only for the better quality of brightening light, warmth, lengthening days, daffodils, and yes, my birthday, too...), actually, I adore spring, and Easter, and those glorious flowers - daffodils, cherry blossoms, tulips - that come into bloom at this time of year.

Last edited:

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
went on my first long ride 40 miles saw all kinds f things going to a new area. a cruise ship getting built? Addis campus and sculptures. not sure what the pinwheels for saw them in two different places. the sign was knocked down.
IMG_2507.jpeg
IMG_2509.jpeg
IMG_2512.jpeg
IMG_2521.jpeg
IMG_2522.jpeg
IMG_2524.jpeg

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
This is the month of birthdays in my family, with my oldest nephew and me being the outliers. My son’s birthday was the 9th, my youngest nephew’s was the 10th, daughter’s is the 13th, mother’s is the 26th, and brother’s is the 28th. When my mother and brother’s birthdays come around, we will all be a good distance post-jab and can finally all get together. Mother turns 87 and my brother hits the big 60.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
This is the month of birthdays in my family, with my oldest nephew and me being the outliers. My son’s birthday was the 9th, my youngest nephew’s was the 10th, daughter’s is the 13th, mother’s is the 26th, and brother’s is the 28th. When my mother and brother’s birthdays come around, we will all be a good distance post-jab and can finally all get together. Mother turns 87 and my brother hits the big 60.

An excellent month for a birthday, though I say so myself.

Both brothers have telephoned, which is lovely, and I had a good chat with each of them.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Went to the Five Rivers Delta today. Gorgeous area. My main purpose was to scope out the kayak launch, which is wonderful, so tomorrow morning I will be heading into the water.
4A96CC10-32DE-49AE-9797-3EA43F7D5FE7.jpeg
2A95EF5B-FF05-4A9C-9043-D12F9BA96CEE.jpeg
1EEAFCB4-0F7D-4816-841F-ADBAF6D6CE2E.jpeg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
So the wife and I had our 1st Moderna shot a few weeks, ago, very little reaction from either of us, a little soreness at the injection site, honestly, not more pain level than a typical workout :D (just a little more isolated).

This past Friday, ~6p, we got our second, had a great dinner, everything good so far, woke up on Sat, felt a little extra tired, but I still carried on with my morning plans: mowing the back, taking out a few small limbs/trimming this one area, it was pretty tough, but I pressed through.

Wow, then about 1-2p, I got my ass kicked. :D Like severe flu-like aches, pains, ran a 100-102 fever all afternoon, into the evening - Sunday was more of the same, just an across the board reduction of all the symptoms (i.e., less fever, less aches), I actually slept hours during the day which I haven't done in years.

Wife didn't have any extreme issues, other than (well both of us), a super tight, slightly swollen, red, injection area. Interestingly , a friends of ours, got their second, he had no issues, she did (just like mine, like a 48 hour flu type thing), and in their case he's the 5 year senior to her (like me to my wife), so it was flipped.

Seems pretty random. For reference, we're both in pretty good shape, I don't complain about minor aches, pains, it comes with my age, I'm rarely sick, take few meds (only OTC like the occasional Zyrtec or Ibuprofen), but holy smokes, this was a pretty good kick-in-the-pants :)

Oh yeah, that mowing, see next post :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2