2024 Democrat Presidential Candidates

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The guy who claimed Biden was had a poor memory said he "couldn't recall" to several questions today.

“Can’t make it up”: Experts say transcript shows special counsel Robert Hur “lied” about Biden​

The full transcript undercuts Hur's claims that Biden could not remember his son's death and had "poor" memory​

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Hur probably did a fine, independent job and decided to throw the GOP a bone by adding unnecessary flair to his report. It wasn’t a witch hunt, and I don’t even know if he’s biased, the actual investigation seemed to have been done well. But his embellishments were unnecessary, and he has a spotty memory himself based on some details he misrepresented, like Biden’s memory regarding his son. In fact, after reading several pages of Biden’s testimony, I disagree with his entire assessment of Biden’s acuity, based solely on the interview. The words Biden spoke are right there for anyone to read and make up your own mind on whether he seems like his memory or is gone, or if he’s just a nonchalant senior.

Maybe he’s thinking purely as a prosecutor, but even then, there were other ways to word his characterization of Biden’s memory without making it sound like he’s borderline senile.

Maybe it’s me who’s biased, but it’s pretty sad you can read a guy’s testimony into an investigation of himself, and be struck at how humane and rational Biden is as opposed to chubster dumb dumb.

If the actual words are any indication of memory, then how the actual **** is Biden’s testimony worse than saying “I can’t recall” two hundred times in a row?

—-

Also, Biden is now presumptive nominee. You can really see how hungry the youth are for new leadership - we’ve nominated the two oldest candidates, we’re going to have a record for oldest president for the third time in a row… and to top it off, we made sure to pick these two candidates in record fashion; this is going to be the longest general election season in modern history. So the internet memes say one thing, but voters are saying something else.

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve concluded that nobody is manufacturing a horse race more than Progressive independent media. “Trump is awful” followed by 30 minutes of micro bagging on Biden. I understand Biden isn’t progressive enough for you but if you think sticking it to Biden and Democrats by handing Trump a win is going to help your agenda you’re a fucking idiot. You have no business claiming you are informed. Look at the Progressive agenda. Look at MAGA’s. How the fuck can you look at that and think the king of MAGA is going to help you out.

Young voters are probably the biggest consumers of this type of content, too inexperienced to know we don’t live in win some/lose some times. People who probably believe voting doesn’t matter and they can just protest their way to success after the fact, but if Trump is handed a win they’ll be going against an administration hellbent on crushing dissent, including through the use of violence and a completely loyal legal system. Good luck with that.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
How the fuck can you look at that and think the king of MAGA is going to help you out.

There is one possibility, though. The far edge of progressivism could well imagine that allowing all the ravening dipwads to have full control over the system will result in the citizens seeing how bad they can fuck things up. Just like the backlash against overturning Roe is fairly strong, so would the backlash against Neotheocracy and Feudocapitalism.

While I see their point, and yes, it might ultimately be the only way (because, even in an autocracy, there is enough democracy on the street to eventually bring it down), I am too old to wait for things to get better. Also, watching the situation get drastically worse before the turn around, and people trying to rebuild from the ashes seems a tad depressing. The rat wing is intent upon destroying the ecosystem for profit, and I do not accept the premise of allowing that to happen.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve concluded that nobody is manufacturing a horse race more than Progressive independent media. “Trump is awful” followed by 30 minutes of micro bagging on Biden. I understand Biden isn’t progressive enough for you but if you think sticking it to Biden and Democrats by handing Trump a win is going to help your agenda you’re a fucking idiot. You have no business claiming you are informed. Look at the Progressive agenda. Look at MAGA’s. How the fuck can you look at that and think the king of MAGA is going to help you out.

Young voters are probably the biggest consumers of this type of content, too inexperienced to know we don’t live in win some/lose some times. People who probably believe voting doesn’t matter and they can just protest their way to success after the fact, but if Trump is handed a win they’ll be going against an administration hellbent on crushing dissent, including through the use of violence and a completely loyal legal system. Good luck with that.

There is one possibility, though. The far edge of progressivism could well imagine that allowing all the ravening dipwads to have full control over the system will result in the citizens seeing how bad they can fuck things up. Just like the backlash against overturning Roe is fairly strong, so would the backlash against Neotheocracy and Feudocapitalism.

While I see their point, and yes, it might ultimately be the only way (because, even in an autocracy, there is enough democracy on the street to eventually bring it down), I am too old to wait for things to get better. Also, watching the situation get drastically worse before the turn around, and people trying to rebuild from the ashes seems a tad depressing. The rat wing is intent upon destroying the ecosystem for profit, and I do not accept the premise of allowing that to happen.
Think pre- WW-II Germany and how letting the shits take charge worked out for that country. Ok they are a better country today (I think), but look at the death toll and decades to achieve it. 🔥🤔

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

It's starting to get slightly better now that we're in gneral election mode (for the next 8 months, have mercy on us all).

I do get tired of hearing "This is not the race most Americans wanted". No, its exactly the race most Americans wanted. It seems odd that the race we want the least, we'd rush to make happen the fastest. Most people don't even vote in primaries.

Trump is always given the status as the favorite to win, despite getting lucky once, losing the popular vote twice, and the election once. My money is on the guy who won last time and isn't facing 88 felony indictments as of our most recent count.

For some Americans, campaigning from your criminal trial is more appealing than campaigning from your basement during a pandemic.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

I understand that view but MAGA given the opportunity of complete rule will never stop the parade of scapegoats that aren’t the actual problem because that’s exactly what fascists do. A segment of the population will continue to believe the scapegoat parade. Couple that with dismantling or severely limiting democracy and it won’t be as simple as just voting them out of office because they suck. Before we even get there, people who infiltrate (meaning they show up without being easily identified as a member of the opposition) Trump events, and now even GOP events, all report that violent civil war is openly discussed among attendees and they are really looking forward to it. I can’t imagine having even more political power or feeling sanctioned by the government is going to calm them down.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not really as good as speaking out about immigrants poisoning the blood of the country or being a dictator, but its something, at least.

That's the endorsement of two major unions. In addition to his policy wins. In addition to having the strongest post-COVID recovery in the world. In addition to record stock numbers, which mean little to me, but a lot to others. In addition to not being a deranged lunatic. In addition to not being under felony indictment. In addition to not being an insurrectionist.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t know how comforting this might be, but most world leaders have a low approval rating right now. I might go as far as saying the only ones who don’t are of the “approve of my performance or fall out a window” variety.

I don’t think you can look at pre-Trump trends and confidently apply them to post-Trump times. There are all kinds of upsets and out of the norms on both sides.

What we have now globally is eyeballs steadily moving towards the rich and elites (regardless of political leanings) and they are doing their damnedest to use all their tools to have those eyeballs go elsewhere which is increasingly becoming more difficult.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t know how comforting this might be, but most world leaders have a low approval rating right now. I might go as far as saying the only ones who don’t are of the “approve of my performance or fall out a window” variety.

I don’t think you can look at pre-Trump trends and confidently apply them to post-Trump times. There are all kinds of upsets and out of the norms on both sides.

What we have now globally is eyeballs steadily moving towards the rich and elites (regardless of political leanings) and they are doing their damnedest to use all their tools to have those eyeballs go elsewhere which is increasingly becoming more difficult.
The modern age of tycoons, it needs to be dismantled, and the wealth distributed to society in an appropriate logical manner. 🤔

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
He said: "Just the other day this defeated looking man came up to me and said: 'Mr. President I need your help. I'm in crushing debt. I'm completely wiped out.'"

Biden said he then responded: "Donald, I'm sorry. I can't help you."

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Fuckin A Joe, nice burn. Trump has never said anything that clever in his life.
Yeah he's also putting to bed a lot of that senile old man BS now that he's on the campaign trail. He may have trouble speaking over his stuttering problem but it's not because he's confused, he's showing the opposite as of late.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah he's also putting to bed a lot of that senile old man BS now that he's on the campaign trail. He may have trouble speaking over his stuttering problem but it's not because he's confused, he's showing the opposite as of late.
And being regarded as a “poor” (worst possible thing) should burn that rapist/insurrectionist/ conman/compulsive liar/literally evil human that @Herdfan is going to vote for pretty well.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
And being regarded as a “poor” (worst possible thing) should burn that rapist/insurrectionist/ conman/compulsive liar/literally evil human that @Herdfan is going to vote for pretty well.
To be fair, while Biden may not be convicted of sexaul assault, have 4 bankruptcies and 91 felony indictments he IS 3 years older than Trump so... Republicans will have to hold their noses and vote for him anyway.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Looks like RFK Jr. is going to select Nicole Shanahan as his running mate.

In case you don't know, she is the ex-wife of Google Co-Founder Sergey Brin.

This is just my opinion, so I fully expect everyone here to have a different one, but I think this hurts Biden and helps Trump. My reasoning is two-fold. She will attract younger progressives who like her stances on many issues. Second, right-leaning independents who may have considered voting for JFK Jr. will have to consider her left-leaning positions and weigh them against Trump. Figure Trump will win most of those people back.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Looks like RFK Jr. is going to select Nicole Shanahan as his running mate.

In case you don't know, she is the ex-wife of Google Co-Founder Sergey Brin.

This is just my opinion, so I fully expect everyone here to have a different one, but I think this hurts Biden and helps Trump. My reasoning is two-fold. She will attract younger progressives who like her stances on many issues. Second, right-leaning independents who may have considered voting for JFK Jr. will have to consider her left-leaning positions and weigh them against Trump. Figure Trump will win most of those people back.
I'm of the opposite opinion, it would siphon more from Trump with the whole libertarian/anti-vaxx stance, which was never popular amongst Democrats but we'll have to wait and see. The only way it'll have any real impact is in a deadlocked race, and he's going to have trouble getting on the ballot across all states.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I'm of the opposite opinion, it would siphon more from Trump with the whole libertarian/anti-vaxx stance,

I don't share his anti-vax stance, at least not related to vaccines themselves. So not all conservatives are anti-vax.

Top Bottom
1 2