2024 Democrat Presidential Candidates

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
All it takes is moving the needle around 0.5%. So it won't take many. Right now I am not really trusting ca

Not sure how Trump has anything to do with my question to @GermanSuplex
If you had tagged it to him, I wouldn't have bothered to answer. However, in general terms, if I have concerns over Biden being up to the task, then my only option would be to vote for another candidate. Come November that only option would be Trump.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
State of the Union next month. I thought Biden did extremely well last year, and I thought republicans looked a fool when booing after Biden accused them of wanting to cut social security - when they were literally on video saying just that. Outright lying - because republican voters don’t care their leaders are incessant, pathological liars.

So Biden hopefully shows some vigor, as I thought he did last time. I’m sure the clowns will act a fool, maybe they’ll fight each other if we’re lucky. Would love to see him rip house republicans and Speaker Johnson personally. Passive aggressive would be excellent.

“Along with senate democrats and senate republicans, we came up with the most comprehensive and bipartisan border deal in decades. Three of the four caucuses were on board, I was ready to sign the deal. House democrats were ready, many - if not most - house Republicans were onboard. However, house GOP leadership decided to listen the minority of their caucus, perhaps even only one person in their caucus, and table the deal.”

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Most certainly a nothing burger, but Marianne Williamson has returned to the Dem Presidential race.

"As of today, I am unsuspending my campaign for the presidency of the United States," Williamson said. "I had suspended it because I was losing the horse race. But something so much more important than the horse race is at stake here, and we must respond."

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Blatant proof of media (from both sides) pushing a horse race narrative.

Biden loses 13% in the Michigan primary in protest of his handling of Israel. This is a news story they feel should be focused on.

Meanwhile Trump regularly loses 30% or more in the Republican primaries and the news is all “Trump gets landslide victory!”

So somehow Biden’s 87% win isn’t a landslide but Trump’s 70% is. Maths is hard.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
An AZ Federal Judge has upheld AZ's requirement to show ID to vote.

I will be more than happy to present my ID this fall.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

Good. When he looses and starts bitching about the election being stolen, we'll all know up front that AZ elections are ultra-secure. Hopefully we won't need a dozen recounts next time to prove that. As an added bonus, maybe it will make Kari Lake shut the f--- up.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Do they have mail in voting? Why anybody in 2024 would prefer to go somewhere physically to vote is beyond me, especially as the minority rule party is hell bent on making it as miserable an experience as possible. At minimum you are going to get an eyeball interrogation from at least one person, if not several.

It’s like saying you prefer to go to the DMV when everything you need to do is available online. But I guess some people are like that.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Do they have mail in voting? Why anybody in 2024 would prefer to go somewhere physically to vote is beyond me, especially as the minority rule party is hell bent on making it as miserable an experience as possible. At minimum you are going to get an eyeball interrogation from at least one person, if not several.

It’s like saying you prefer to go to the DMV when everything you need to do is available online. But I guess some people are like that.

They do, but I am not a fan.

Good. When he looses and starts bitching about the election being stolen, we'll all know up front that AZ elections are ultra-secure. Hopefully we won't need a dozen recounts next time to prove that. As an added bonus, maybe it will make Kari Lake shut the f--- up.

Unless of course Maricopa County fails to supply the correct ballots for its printers again.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
So what controls are in place to make sure ballots are only sent to current voters/residents?

In California, where we've had mail in voting for at least a dozen years... everyone receiving a ballot in the mail must be a currently registered voter.

After you fill out your ballot, you put it in the enclosed envelope (which has multiple unique QR codes on the outside), seal it, and then sign the back of the envelope declaring under penalty of perjury you are the person to whom the ballot was mailed.

All signatures are electronically scanned and compared with the voter's signature on file at the election processing center. If they match, the enclosed ballot is then processed and recorded. If they don't match, the ballot is deemed invalid.

I don't see how that can be gamed in any systematic sort of way to throw an election.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
So what controls are in place to make sure ballots are only sent to current voters/residents?

I think even you would agree that there are more than enough reasons to vote against Republicans over Trumpism and abortion extremism. If they take hits in 2024 are you going see that is the probable reasons or is it all going to be voter fraud?

I know there are reasons people don’t like Biden or have concern over the border they think him and the Democrats aren’t doing anything about. If he and Democrats lose in 2024 I will chalk it up to those among other things. I’m not going to reflexively assume voter fraud. Why can’t the right wrap their head around the same negative views towards their side?

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Great, but that’s not going to stop Trump from lying about another stolen election. The excuse would just shift to fake IDs flooding across the border, and democrats “manufacturing voter IDs”.

Or they can just say the machines were rigged, or China was hacking our systems to help their boy Joe out.

Let’s face it, you and I both know Trump supporters will not accept a loss, period. It will not matter how secure the election is, they will lie about it.

Top Bottom
1 2