2024 Democrat Presidential Candidates

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like RFK Jr. is going to select Nicole Shanahan as his running mate.

In case you don't know, she is the ex-wife of Google Co-Founder Sergey Brin.

This is just my opinion, so I fully expect everyone here to have a different one, but I think this hurts Biden and helps Trump. My reasoning is two-fold. She will attract younger progressives who like her stances on many issues. Second, right-leaning independents who may have considered voting for JFK Jr. will have to consider her left-leaning positions and weigh them against Trump. Figure Trump will win most of those people back.

If Trump wins then I picture a lot of people on all sides just tuning out which is another cornerstone of fascism. Get a lot of people to go "Fine. Do what you want. Just leave me out of it." Things won’t improve because the US is on the decline regardless. Trump policies will just continue to siphon more money from the poor and middle class to the rich and you’ll just be grateful if you made it through a day without seeing a flag plastered carovan driving down the street thumping their chests and waiving their assault rifles. Possibly the most impacted will be young people who decided to hand Trump a win at the ballot box. All their values will be the first to be attacked on the chopping block.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Yeah... Personally, I see that as a problem for Biden. Recent Biden-trump polling is still pretty much tied, within the margin of error, including some important battleground states.

I don't think there's enough information to *confidently claim* who's going to benefit the most from RFK siphoning votes.

In a normal non-wacky world, Biden should be kicking ass against a candidate facing dozens of felonies. That he's not is very concerning.

Fingers crossed and hoping for the best - including for the next four years should Biden win. It's a shame I even need to say that.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

In case you don't know, she is the ex-wife of Google Co-Founder Sergey Brin.

This is just my opinion, so I fully expect everyone here to have a different one, but I think this hurts Biden and helps Trump. My reasoning is two-fold. She will attract younger progressives who like her stances on many issues. Second, right-leaning independents who may have considered voting for JFK Jr. will have to consider her left-leaning positions and weigh them against Trump. Figure Trump will win most of those people back.
I question his judgement to be running as an Independent at this point in time. His ego has gotten the better of his better judgement if he causes the final nail to be hammered in our collective coffin. This is just how much of a threat I regard Lil’Donny to be. 😑

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah... Personally, I see that as a problem for Biden. Recent Biden-trump polling is still pretty much tied, within the margin of error, including some important battleground states.

I don't think there's enough information to *confidently claim* who's going to benefit the most from RFK siphoning votes.

In a normal non-wacky world, Biden should be kicking ass against a candidate facing dozens of felonies. That he's not is very concerning.

Fingers crossed and hoping for the best - including for the next four years should Biden win. It's a shame I even need to say that.

Looking at the commentsphere of the far right, his VP pick is a dealbreaker as supporting a Democrat at any point in history makes you a communist. Unless you are Trump. He gets a blanket pass on everything.

If Trump doesn’t win and he actually suffers legal consequences I can see the base quickly throwing him under the bus (which might be the biggest justice ever). He’s already an easily manipulated puppet of their booing at even the slightest pushback to their extremism. Once he’s powerless I can see them suddenly caring about things from his past that they currently turn a blind eye to.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I question his judgement to be running as an Independent at this point in time. His ego has gotten the better of his better judgement if he causes the final nail to be hammered in our collective coffin. This is just how much of a threat I regard Lil’Donny to be. 😑
I question his judgement altogether. He's a rabid anti-vaxxer, claiming no vaccines are safe and effective, that vaccines cause autism in children, and even once saying COVID-19 could have been ethnically-targeted. This isn't about people reasonably asking about the safety and efficacy of any medical intervention, whether a vaccine, medication, or surgery. None of his contentions are supported by evidence. He's a dangerous disgrace.

I don't know if he'll siphon more votes from Biden or Trump, but I can see some Trump supporters who are fed up with TFG's antics but like Kennedy's anti-vax stance voting for him.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Democrats aren’t peeling off to vote for a lunatic conspiracy theorist who looks like a roided up Biden, but somehow less healthy.

I do wonder how Trump will react. Will Kennedy attack Trump, or he will just lump Trump and Biden together? Who cares, he’s not winning, and democrats - sorry to say it - are smarter. The proof is in the COVID death numbers (I’d bring that up all the time if I were Biden - Trump supporters HATE the vaccine, and Trump wants to take credit for the vaccine, but he faces backlash from his supporters. GOOD, exploit it!)

If republicans are smarter, it’s hard to see with candidates like Trump, MTG… you get the point.

Kennedy running probably means the rest of the Kennedy family will be free campaign surrogates for Biden.

Kennedy has no chance of winning without support from both sides of the aisle. Turnout being similar, about 9 or 10 percent of Biden voters would have to deflect to Kennedy for him to lose to Trump, and that assumes Trump loses no votes to Kennedy, which he no doubt will.

Trump has concentrated his base, and no matter how much they ignore it, the numbers in the primaries are not good for him. He’s winning many states losing as much as a third of the vote. Biden hasn’t even reached that point when campaigns have been run against him, usually winning about 75-80%, but often winning over 90%, despite all the talk of his age and poor approval.

Republicans don’t deal in nuance. Someone can say “I don’t think Biden is doing that great of a job”, but if the follow up is “I still think he’s way better than the alternative”, then you won’t see that reflected in the numbers. I think the days of 65% or higher approval numbers are over anyways.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I question his judgement altogether. He's a rabid anti-vaxxer, claiming no vaccines are safe and effective, that vaccines cause autism in children, and even once saying COVID-19 could have been ethnically-targeted. This isn't about people reasonably asking about the safety and efficacy of any medical intervention, whether a vaccine, medication, or surgery. None of his contentions are supported by evidence. He's a dangerous disgrace.

I don't know if he'll siphon more votes from Biden or Trump, but I can see some Trump supporters who are fed up with TFG's antics but like Kennedy's anti-vax stance voting for him.
I knew there was something else wrong with him, just forgot about it in my post. 😑

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score

And I'm not even joking, its sounds way better than the song its making fun of.

Seriously, she chairs a national party and releases a single, and she knows not a single thing about singing or campaigning.

This is the Trump path to success, loyalty and/or sleeping with someone named Trump. Forget fascism, these people want a theocracy.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
7 months of Trump essentially campaigning for Biden, because Trump is only getting the passive Republican and MAGA vote. I would say white nationalist as well, but MAGA covers that ground already.

Seriously, Trump is spiraling and going full-speed grift. Multi-billion dollar junk stock, selling his ass for cash, hawking bibles and sneakers, letting his in-law (basically his son) control the GOP money, and he’s back to thinly-veiled threats of violence which his geriatric obese ass is incapable of participating in.

Makes me sick, but he’s self-destructing. He’s so far past 2020 he’s in for a rude awakening, go read the debates being had on moderate conservative forums. You don’t hear commotion within Trump’s base because there is no commotion. You comply or leave. You don’t hear the people who left, but they are there, and they aren’t voting for Trump.

DNC has bright people, lots of cash and a sane leader. The GOP is getting ready to have another speaker fight, Florida just stripped more rights away (enacted but will be on the ballot in Nov). The hush money case is starting… he’s toast. We just have to suffer the pains of the GOP ripping off the band-aid, but it’s coming off whether they like it or not. Trump is done.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
7 months of Trump essentially campaigning for Biden, because Trump is only getting the passive Republican and MAGA vote. I would say white nationalist as well, but MAGA covers that ground already.

Seriously, Trump is spiraling and going full-speed grift. Multi-billion dollar junk stock, selling his ass for cash, hawking bibles and sneakers, letting his in-law (basically his son) control the GOP money, and he’s back to thinly-veiled threats of violence which his geriatric obese ass is incapable of participating in.

Makes me sick, but he’s self-destructing. He’s so far past 2020 he’s in for a rude awakening, go read the debates being had on moderate conservative forums. You don’t hear commotion within Trump’s base because there is no commotion. You comply or leave. You don’t hear the people who left, but they are there, and they aren’t voting for Trump.

DNC has bright people, lots of cash and a sane leader. The GOP is getting ready to have another speaker fight, Florida just stripped more rights away (enacted but will be on the ballot in Nov). The hush money case is starting… he’s toast. We just have to suffer the pains of the GOP ripping off the band-aid, but it’s coming off whether they like it or not. Trump is done.
You have to wonder how he'll fund a campaign for the next year while siphoning the entire party dry to pay his legal bills. I'm not quite ready to write him off yet, it's not like he needs a ton of money because everyone already knows him. I think Democrats are playing it smart right now by taking nothing for granted, spend every last dollar hammering him.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
This guy’s voice gets worse by the day and he’s full of crap. I guess he missed when Trump was on the phone with Zelensky? Where is the Democrat shaming coalition to start running public smear campaigns against these creeps? All you have to do is make fun of them and play reels of their own words. Just play a tape of RFK’s barely-audible voice asking “Who weaponizes government like that?”, then play Trump’s call with Zelensky.

He’s just mad he didn’t get secret service protection, I’m guessing they are spread a little thin these days

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Since the economy usually weighs heavy on these races.....

I've been in the transportation and freight industry since 2006 and I've never seen such a big drop in business as we have been experiencing over the last 6 months, and that includes during covid. We thought there might be a turnaround with the new year but that doesn't seem to be the case. So not good times if you are in trucking or goods transportation.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Since the economy usually weighs heavy on these races.....

I've been in the transportation and freight industry since 2006 and I've never seen such a big drop in business as we have been experiencing over the last 6 months,

So what kind of drop? Any specific industry or across-the-board?

I just texted a buddy back in WV that does I guess what is called "hotshotting" where he has a few trailers and will make specific runs for say a pump motor that needs to be on a mine site tomorrow, but it is in Cleveland. He'll drive straight to Cleveland, pick it up and take it straight to the mine.

I'll be interested to see what he has to say. He has always made good money doing this.

Top Bottom
1 2