17 Year-old Blue Lives Matter Activist with AR 15 Charged With Murder After Two Killed at Protest

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
Video shows nothing of the sort. How interesting it must be to see the world through the eyes of a racist.

Awww come on, why resort to calling people racist.

@jkcerda pointed out a video showing the suspect being pummeled in the head with a skateboard. He popped out the pictures for all to see in a different thread.

I'll see if I can find it.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Just from the pictures I've seen - whacking someone repeatedly in the head repeatedly with a skateboard who has an AR 15 ..... Is not the smartest thing one can do.

If that were all there was to this, it would be a clear cut case of self defense.

The whole story paints a much more vague picture. Allegedly and supposedly, someone had fired a gun into a crowd, which caused some people to react, homing in on anyone with a weapon in hand. At some point in one of the videos, you can hear someone say something like "he's the shooter", or "he's not the shooter" before skateboard kid starts smacking him with his board.

Then you have the fact that the kid blind fired into a retreating crowd there towards the end, so...

The way I see it, you have a person who wanted to find an excuse to shoot someone, vs. a group of people who wanted to provide him one. The whole thing is a clusterfuck of fear, misinterpretations, spilled blood, and bullshit.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
If that were all there was to this, it would be a clear cut case of self defense.

The whole story paints a much more vague picture. Allegedly and supposedly, someone had fired a gun into a crowd, which caused some people to react, homing in on anyone with a weapon in hand. At some point in one of the videos, you can hear someone say something like "he's the shooter", or "he's not the shooter" before skateboard kid starts smacking him with his board.

Then you have the fact that the kid blind fired into a retreating crowd there towards the end, so...

The way I see it, you have a person who wanted to find an excuse to shoot someone, vs. a group of people who wanted to provide him one. The whole thing is a clusterfuck of fear, misinterpretations, spilled blood, and bullshit.

The police should arrest anyone who comes to these protests with a weapon, uses anything as a weapon, or does any harm to anyone. Allowing people to bring loaded guns to a protest like this is just asking for troubles. I wish the police would be allowed to do their job - but the problem is, the protests are against ... the police so governors feel, to keep the peace, they'll just let the protesters be and not "instigate" violence. Well... shit. Now idiots with guns are going to start joining looking for trouble. Good grief. What a mess. This is not going to end up well.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The police should arrest anyone who comes to these protests with a weapon, uses anything as a weapon, or does any harm to anyone. Allowing people to bring loaded guns to a protest like this is just asking for troubles. I wish the police would be allowed to do their job - but the problem is, the protests are against ... the police so governors feel, to keep the peace, they'll just let the protesters be and not "instigate" violence. Well... shit. Now idiots with guns are going to start joining looking for trouble. Good grief. What a mess. This is not going to end up well.

The reason the cops are loathe to attack armed protesters is because the mob is more well-armed than the cops. These mobs want to organize on Facebook and show up armed? Call them an illegal revolution against the United States of America and warn them an airstrike is incoming.

We have the right to PEACEABLY assemble. Showing up in force with assault weapons and body armor doesn't fit that definition.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
The reason the cops are loathe to attack armed protesters is because the mob is more well-armed than the cops. These mobs want to organize on Facebook and show up armed? Call them an illegal revolution against the United States of America and warn them an airstrike is incoming.

We have the right to PEACEABLY assemble. Showing up in force with assault weapons and body armor doesn't fit that definition.

That's the problem right? Not all of these peaceful assemblies are ... peaceful. Even the one near my house last week (no one had guns), a fight started and bloodied people were carted away in ambulances. I think expecting the police to show up without arms is asking for trouble.

These assemblies are anything but peaceful (some of them). If they were then, yes, we could have that. I see that as a "perfect world" scenario - nowhere near reality.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Here we go. Wow, I found it.

Yeah I saw it. He's not even legally allowed to have his weapon. His life wasn't in danger. There were other fights in that mob, and nobody else opened fire. He will not prevail with a self-defense argument in court.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah I saw it. He's not even legally allowed to have his weapon. His life wasn't in danger. There were other fights in that mob, and nobody else opened fire. He will not prevail with a self-defense argument in court.

Yeah don't get me wrong, bringing a loaded gun to a protest. Your ass should be thrown in jail for a long time. Weapons do not belong at protests. Amen.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
The police should arrest anyone who comes to these protests with a weapon, uses anything as a weapon, or does any harm to anyone. Allowing people to bring loaded guns to a protest like this is just asking for troubles.

I dunno about arresting them outright, but they should be turned away. A bunch of rando dudes in tacticooled up defense gear, hopped up on righteous indignation and internet tough talk, are only going to serve to irritate any volatile situation.

This is not going to end up well.

I do have this feeling that things are going to get a lot stupider before they get better, yeah.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Lol, that's exactly what Seddy's doing right now on MR.

I got two things on my reminder app for a little farther into the campaign season say like a week or so after Labor Day. Sign up for a Bloomberg News promo rate yet again, since by then I'll qualify for it... and stick more of my toes back into PRSI, figuring maybe I can manage to keep my act together over there for two months without getting banned. (But on that second point, my doubt runs high every time I just log in and have a look around there. So maybe y'all better get used to me and my off-topic rambles over here.)

Last edited:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
cops have no duty to protect, in places like portland the governor told them to stand down, even limited them to what they could use so they have their hands tied behind their back. go arrest arsonist and get accused of even more police brutality because OMG you dared stop an arsonist.

SOME cops are indeed to blame, just like ALL the POS Mfing politicians who passed a gazillion laws the cops enforce in the first place, you need POLITICIANS to CHANGE the laws and rules of engagement for the cops.
There is never a shortage of people to blame. The problem is in the search of yet someone else to blame, nothing ever truly gets done.

If that arsonist is white you can rest assured they will be arrested safely, the problem is they aren't well... Once again no is endorsing the arsonists, but if you don't believe it's the job of the police to go get the arsonists who are breaking the law, what's their job again. That tired bit of using the factoid "that the police don't protect", doesn't work if they aren't doing the job of arresting those who break laws like arson. Leaving it to endorse out of town militia, as a walk around for declaring them vigilantes which they really are is just weak ass sauce.

As long as there are SOME cops to blame, just like others want to blame ALL acts of rioting, looting, & vandalism on BLM, all cops have to unfortunately bear that blame. There's no selective application of blame. Unless you want to admit the position you're discussion is based on dishonesty. And that everyone but the people you prefer are to blame only.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Just from the pictures I've seen - whacking someone repeatedly in the head repeatedly with a skateboard who has an AR 15 ..... Is not the smartest thing one can do.

I still think bringing a loaded gun to a protest is a hell no... but these protests are getting so damn violent, I can see why people are. Just near my home town (a few miles from my house) a tiny little protest (under a few hundred) resulted in blood.

I am refraining from making comments that put me on one side or another because I have not taken the time necessary to understand all the facts.

I agree that if the police were allowed to do their jobs... people wouldn't feel the need ... - they shouldn't... feel the need to bring weapons. They should not.
Remember though, this isn't the first time. We had this also happen...

It happens because one side tends to be allowed to bring weapons withOUT rising the ire of the police, leaving skateboards as a means of protection for others being shot at.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
There is never a shortage of people to blame. The problem is in the search of yet someone else to blame, nothing ever truly gets done.

If that arsonist is white you can rest assured they will be arrested safely, the problem is they aren't well... Once again no is endorsing the arsonists, but if you don't believe it's the job of the police to go get the arsonists who are breaking the law, what's their job again. That tired bit of using the factoid "that the police don't protect", doesn't work if they aren't doing the job of arresting those who break laws like arson. Leaving it to endorse out of town militia, as a walk around for declaring them vigilantes which they really are is just weak ass sauce.

As long as there are SOME cops to blame, just like others want to blame ALL acts of rioting, looting, & vandalism on BLM, all cops have to unfortunately bear that blame. There's no selective application of blame. Unless you want to admit the position you're discussion is based on dishonesty. And that everyone but the people you prefer are to blame only.

people are on their own, so yes vigilantes are welcomed in plenty of places because of it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

I still think bringing a loaded gun to a protest is a hell no... but these protests are getting so damn violent, I can see why people are. Just near my home town (a few miles from my house) a tiny little protest (under a few hundred) resulted in blood.

I am refraining from making comments that put me on one side or another because I have not taken the time necessary to understand all the facts.

I agree that if the police were allowed to do their jobs... people wouldn't feel the need ... - they shouldn't... feel the need to bring weapons. They should not.
I would argue that shooting unarmed black people so freely shows they feel they have all the authority in the world to do their jobs and then some.

What they need is the proper training and reform. They are taught to react in the most egregious way possible to resistance and they can be taught not to as well, running away or even simply apprehending those like George Floyd should NOT result in a death sentence. As long as people don't agree on that topic, reform will never happen. Those marching in the streets, and let's focus on the 99% that are peaceful for a moment, are there for this very purpose.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

people are on their own, so yes vigilantes are welcomed in plenty of places because of it.
You might want to put all those goalposts down before you hurt yourself, and pick an argument to stick with.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
You might want to put all those goalposts down before you hurt yourself, and pick an argument to stick with.
from your post
That tired bit of using the factoid "that the police don't protect", doesn't work if they aren't doing the job of arresting those who break laws like arson. Leaving it to endorse out of town militia, as a walk around for declaring them vigilantes which they really are is just weak ass sauce.

don't be mad at me because you can't handle the sauce. people are on their own, that is a FACT.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
from your post

don't be mad at me because you can't handle the sauce. people are on their own, that is a FACT.
Also what you ignored, was your insistence & tendency to blame someone else, then someone else, then someone else, all the while shifting any blame from the police who are part of the very origin of why the protests began.

Goalposts = your latest person to blame

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
Also what you ignored, was your insistence & tendency to blame someone else, then someone else, then someone else, all the while shifting any blame from the police who are part of the very origin of why the protests began.

Goalposts = your latest person to blame
oh that is funny.

stated a while ago, governors are to blame for the laws passed & cops for how the enforce said laws, if you want to be stuck on :"the cops started it" that is on you. I am not forgetting that aspect of it, I am pointing out with links no less that people are on their own w/o help from the cops due to orders from their governors.

Top Bottom
1 2