17 Year-old Blue Lives Matter Activist with AR 15 Charged With Murder After Two Killed at Protest

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
His post says “assault weapon” - not “assault rifle’ - I thought we were supposed to pay attention to those details about deadly weapons? According to the definitions I’ve seen, that weapon is classified properly As an assault weapon:

Lostngone

Power User
Reaction score
His post says “assault weapon” - not “assault rifle’ - I thought we were supposed to pay attention to those details about deadly weapons? According to the definitions I’ve seen, that weapon is classified properly As an assault weapon:

I was just pointing out a fact. Other people in the thread were starting to reference “assault rifle”

Jeez. Never understood how weapons like that can be obtained... I understand personal defense weapons but an assault rifle like that should be reserved for LEO, special ops military, etc

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
It's one of those splitting hairs thing. Technically, only a handful of people own an honest to god assault weapon, and you can't just go out and buy one in the store. What most everyone has are bog standard hunting rifles, geared up to look like you can go to war with them.

I don't think you can buy a gun that can even switch to burst mode, and you sure as hell can't get one that fires automatic. That makes them not-assault weapons.

But for average, every day terminology, it seems to be that if you shoot at deer with your gun, it's a hunting rifle. Shoot at people with it, it's an assault rifle.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was just pointing out a fact. Other people in the thread were starting to reference “assault rifle”

How interesting. Learn something new everyday - and I've shot AKs - fully automatic - korean war era. Thanks for the correction.

Never seen an AR-15 in person. Never been much of a gun person because Apple gets most of my $ and all my rental agreements in California say I can't own a gun. So yes, while I've shot with PD departments and relatives on farms - I've never owned a gun and I'm fairly ignorant on guns outside of WW2.

Most favorite rifle I've shot is the M1 Garand - ping!

I still stand by my statement. Guns modeled after people killing assault rifles, assault rifles themselves - should be limited to police, military, etc. And protests are the last place people should be bringing guns like these.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

How interesting. Learn something new everyday - and I've shot AKs - fully automatic - korean war era. Thanks for the correction.

Never seen an AR-15 in person. Never been much of a gun person because Apple gets most of my $ and all my rental agreements in California say I can't own a gun. So yes, while I've shot a lot with PD departments and relatives on farms - I've never owned a gun and I'm fairly ignorant on guns outside of WW2.
I'm guessing when the shooter runs into a crowd with one that people aren't debating nomenclature.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm guessing when the shooter runs into a crowd with one that people aren't debating nomenclature.

Agreed, I'll be assuming the worst and reacting as such. Just boggles my mind that we let people bring these to high stress, dangerous, high tension events with lots of people.

Lostngone

Power User
Reaction score

They might not be debating the nomenclature but I can guarantee you there’s a huge difference between a non-registered semi-automatic AR-15 and a NFA registered select fire M-16(Assault Rifle).

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
They might not be debating the nomenclature but I can guarantee you there’s a huge difference between a non-registered semi-automatic AR-15 and a NFA registered select fire M-16(Assault Rifle).
The difference is usually important to those who want to discuss something other than the true topic. As there's never any question about the lethality of ANY such weapon. Which is the true point & topic.

Lostngone

Power User
Reaction score
The difference is usually important to those who want to discuss something other than the true topic. As there's never any question about the lethality of ANY such weapon. Which is the true point & topic.

Kind of hard to have a intelligent discussion when one side can’t even define what they are talking about.
Sorry “assault weapon” doesn’t really cover anything specific. A butter knife could be an “assault weapon”.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Kind of hard to have a intelligent discussion when one side can’t even define what they are talking about.
Sorry “assault weapon” doesn’t really cover anything specific. A butter knife could be an “assault weapon”.
Then how about a simple basic conversation?

The weapon being discussed can kill and may have, which is the actual point.

Selectively obsessing on some details over others, does NOT make for intelligent or even honest discussion.

Lostngone

Power User
Reaction score
Then how about a simple basic conversation?

The weapon being discussed can kill and may have, which is the actual point

ANY semi-automatic firearm can do that. Just because the one pictured in this thread is black and looks a certain way doesn’t make it any more dangerous than your average semi-automatic hunting rifle. It could even be argued it is LESS lethal.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
ANY semi-automatic firearm can do that. Just because the one pictured in this thread is black and looks a certain way doesn’t make it any more dangerous than your average semi-automatic hunting rifle. It could even be argued it is LESS lethal.
Does it still kill people, as a weapon supposedly did here in this instance?

If so, that's the simple relevant point. Whether it was semi or fully automatic is just wallowing in minutiae to deflect.

Firearm shoots bullets, bullets strike humans, humans die, firearm shot by ANOTHER human ( supposedly a youth NOT allowed to have said firearm ) that kills other humans was not legally empowered to do so. = Simple relevant version to avoid unnecessary confusion.

Lostngone

Power User
Reaction score
Does it still kill people, as a weapon supposedly did here in this instance?

If so, that's the simple relevant point. Whether it was semi or fully automatic is just wallowing in minutiae to deflect.

Firearm shoots bullets, bullets strike humans, humans die, firearm shot by ANOTHER human ( supposedly a youth NOT allowed to have said firearm ) that kills other humans was not legally empowered to do so. = Simple relevant version to avoid unnecessary confusion.

If that is the angle you are playing then here is mine.

Please see: U.S. Constitution, subsection, Bill or Rights, Second Amendment.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score

Please see, U.S. Constitution subsection, Bill or Rights, Second Amendment.

Do these great documents give a 17 year old the right to bring a firearm to a protest? I’m not advocating getting rid of guns. I am very clearly arguing against bringing them to protests.

Lostngone

Power User
Reaction score
Do these great documents give a 17 year old the right to bring a firearm to a protest? I’m not advocating getting rid of guns. I am very clearly arguing against bringing them to protests.

Last time I checked I am pretty sure the murder is illegal. Also putting yourself at risk/in danger just so you can claim self-defense I believe is also illegal.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score

Please see: U.S. Constitution, subsection, Bill or Rights, Second Amendment.
My angle involves nothing that elaborate.

Firearm/Gun killed people. Firearm/Gun used by someone who shouldn't have had it.

It doesn't matter if the gun was semi auto/full auto, shot unicorn horns w rainbow sprinkles, or spiked bars with word 'Bang' hanging down from it written on cloth.

Firearm/Gun killed people. That was NOT legal.

Simple.

Last time I checked I am pretty sure the murder is illegal. Also putting yourself at risk/in danger just so you can claim self-defense I believe is also illegal.
On all of that I agree. Which is why the choice of firearm is irrelevant. The person may have killed people, and did so by intentionally placing themself in a situation they did NOT need to be in or legally empowered to be involved in, which they felt they need to escape by using a firearm they shouldn't have had.

Still simple.

Top Bottom
1 2