2021 NFL Season

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
JFC, hahaha, Jax goes 0-4, that's 19 consecutive losses, and Thursday night, they had a 14-0 lead on Cinci, they aren't able to score from the one and take it into the half 3 TDs up, then their defense collapses, the Bengals run up 24 points, and even with another score, they lose 21-24.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
JFC, hahaha, Jax goes 0-4, that's 19 consecutive losses, and Thursday night, they had a 14-0 lead on Cinci, they aren't able to score from the one and take it into the half 3 TDs up, then their defense collapses, the Bengals run up 24 points, and even with another score, they lose 21-24.
Bortles!!!!

1633130633892.png

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
My former shitty sales turd, who's an anti-vaxxer / anti-masker / trump-fuckwit, will be saying how great they look since, he's also a Jags apologist. :ROFLMAO:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
My former shitty sales turd, who's an anti-vaxxer / anti-masker / trump-fuckwit, will be saying how great they look since, he's also a Jags apologist. :ROFLMAO:
Ah, Florida… the fact that the reigning Super Bowl Champs and the worst team in the league are both in Florida somehow seems appropriate.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Nothing against the Jags, but it's so nice watching this happen to someone else for a change.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
As I write this, the Monday night Raiders-Chargers game is being delayed because of lightning.

In a domed stadium.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
As I write this, the Monday night Raiders-Chargers game is being delayed because of lightning.

In a domed stadium.
It is not a "domed" stadium. It is a roofed stadium, but it is no more domed than that thing in Minneapolis. In fact, that stadium is the ugliest look I have seen. It looks like a mistake. Like, I did not realize how hot it gets here, and after I put the roof on, the damn thing melted like a piece of mozarella.

But, it is not fully enclosed, so a lightning strike could get inside.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
They did mention that, eventually…something about there being openings at the uppermost levels. Because you couldn’t see anything like that from the playing field, and because they asked fans to remain in their seats, I’m guessing it’s the outer concourse that’s exposed to the elements.

Still it was mildly amusing to see that the players were sent to the locker rooms. It was later speculated it was so they can take off their pads, rather than lug them around for an hour while they waited for the all-clear.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Any opinions on Urban Meyer's lap dance incident?

I know it's reckless and disrespectful to his wife, but I see some people talking about how he should be fired. IMO this does not rise to that level. This is something to be addressed with his family and maybe with the Jaguars front office. But he is a grown man free to make his own choices. Right now as long as he's not showing up late for games because he's hanging out in a strip club, it's a matter between him and his wife.

Besides, the way his team is playing, he's gonna be fired soon enough anyway. ;)

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

I know it's reckless and disrespectful to his wife, but I see some people talking about how he should be fired. IMO this does not rise to that level. This is something to be addressed with his family and maybe with the Jaguars front office. But he is a grown man free to make his own choices. Right now as long as he's not showing up late for games because he's hanging out in a strip club, it's a matter between him and his wife.

Besides, the way his team is playing, he's gonna be fired soon enough anyway. ;)
Let’s not forget his history…

During Meyer's six-year tenure at Florida, some 31 players were arrested, with at least 10 accused of crimes ranging from misdemeanor battery to felony domestic assault to felony theft to domestic battery. Punishment varied depending on the player, but let's just say it was uneven at best. In perhaps the best example that illustrates that, star running back Chris Rainey was suspended only four games in 2010 after he was charged with aggravated stalking for allegedly texting his girlfriend, "Time to die, b----."

This last episode makes it seem that he hasn‘t changed at all. It is a minor thing, but it very well could be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. Honestly, he should not be working as a coach anywhere based on his past record related to sexual (and other) misconduct among his players.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Ah. I only knew him from his tenure at Ohio State on. That does put a different spin on things.
Ohio State? Didn’t they suspend him for ignoring reports of sexual misconduct among his coaches? And then he quit… which was probably under pressure from the school…?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
He was suspended three games, as I recall, for not reporting abuse allegations against an assistant.

One of the reasons he has given (more than once) for leaving a football program has been medical advice. He has a brain cyst and was told to take it easy. But then he goes right back and joins another program.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
He was suspended three games, as I recall, for not reporting abuse allegations against an assistant.

One of the reasons he has given (more than once) for leaving a football program has been medical advice. He has a brain cyst and was told to take it easy. But then he goes right back and joins another program.
People value a winning college sports team more than they value the dignity and safety of women. He keeps getting hired regardless of his past.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ohio State? Didn’t they suspend him for ignoring reports of sexual misconduct among his coaches? And then he quit… which was probably under pressure from the school…?
You sure you’re not thinking of Jim Jordan?

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

I agree the incident in itself does not rise to the level of him being fired. However, the fact that he decided to not travel back to Jacksonville with the team after a 4th straight loss speaks volumes about his dedication in a sport where coaches are known to basically move into team facilities during the season to keep preparing for the next game. It was not a good look and I think that is why the team has lost respect for him.

And yes, he has outkicked his coverage and probably won't last past 0-6. I say 0-6 because the Jags have a Bye in Week 7 and that seems to be a time when teams make in-season changes.

Top Bottom
1 2