2021 NFL Season

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Well this sucks!

They were debating this on one of the sports shows: Should QB's or punters get involved in making tackles? I say yes, but be smart about it, ie don't take on a LB with your shoulder.

Some good games on tap today. :)

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Buffalo leading the Chiefs 24-13 at halftime… then a very long rain/lightning delay. I will definitely be staying up past my bedtime to watch the 2nd half…

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Buffalo leading the Chiefs 24-13 at halftime… then a very long rain/lightning delay. I will definitely be staying up past my bedtime to watch the 2nd half…
And the Bills win! The refs gave the Chiefs too many 2nd chances, but the Bills persevered. By the way, why does Chris Collinsworth play sides as an announcer? He was cheering on the Chiefs the whole game, and was silent when the Bills iced the game with a touchdown. Usually announcers are excited when there is a TD regardless of which team scored it, but he was just plain silent.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
The Bills and the Chargers are definitely the class of the AFC right now. The latter beat the Browns in an exciting 47-42 offensive slugfest which was marred by a blatant pass interference situation on LA that was totally missed by the refs. That wasn’t the reason we lost, however. We just allowed too many first downs.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The Bills and the Chargers are definitely the class of the AFC right now. The latter beat the Browns in an exciting 47-42 offensive slugfest which was marred by a blatant pass interference situation on LA that was totally missed by the refs. That wasn’t the reason we lost, however. We just allowed too many first downs.

Yeah that one was right up there with the missed call on the Rams in the NFC Championship. Need a way to get these into replay.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
OMG. The Monday night game is crazy. Lamar Jackson coughed up the ball a couple of times when he was in scoring position, and a game the Colts could’ve outright won is in overtime now because their kicker, Blankenship, keeps missing extra points.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
:sneaky:

Jon Gruden.
Sadly, I think his views are quite common among NFL coaches/executives. Most of them are smart enough to keep it out of official emails though. Or maybe they just haven’t audited those emails; the Washington Football Team is the only one they audited... perhaps all NFL team emails are full of stuff like this.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Sadly, I think his views are quite common among NFL coaches/executives. Most of them are smart enough to keep it out of official emails though. Or maybe they just haven’t audited those emails; the Washington Football Team is the only one they audited... perhaps all NFL team emails are full of stuff like this.

Were they official team emails? Listening to Undisputed this morning Skip and Shannon made it sound like this was an email chain going back when Gruden was with Tampa Bay and continued through 2018 long after he was gone from there. Also some other non-football execs were in the chain including Hooter's CEO, the President of the Outback Bowl and one other person who I can't remember.

I for one do not understand using a company email address for personal business. I have never done it, yet I have friends who get new jobs and the first thing they do is send out their new email address. Get a free one and stop the never ending changes.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Were they official team emails?
For once, read the f-ing article. He sent emails to the President of the Washington Football Team.... So yeah, if the team gets investigated, anybody who emailed the President is gonna get their emails exposed. Gruden seemed to think there was impunity on this behavior to the point of emailing an NFL team president this kind of stuff.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
For once, read the f-ing article. He sent emails to the President of the Washington Football Team.... So yeah, if the team gets investigated, anybody who emailed the President is gonna get their emails exposed. Gruden seemed to think there was impunity on this behavior to the point of emailing an NFL team president this kind of stuff.
First, what f-ing article. I don't see one linked.

The way I read your comment was that GRUDEN was using an official team email.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
That's been a common point going around. Since this was about Washington, but somehow Dan Snyder isn't facing consequences as well.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1447993623669313538/

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
That's been a common point going around. Since this was about Washington, but somehow Dan Snyder isn't facing consequences as well.

I agree with this. Robert Kraft was protected from multiple cheating scandals (let off with tiny fines compared to how much $$$ he makes) as well as sex trafficking in Florida. The NFL owners will always find as many scapegoats as possible to protect each other. Remember, it’s 100% an owners’ league. Even the commissioner is serving at their pleasure.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

The cover-up is now OFFICIAL.

The NFL does not plan to reopen its investigation into the Washington Football Team and does not intend to publicly release any written materials related to the investigation conducted by attorney Beth Wilkinson, a person familiar with the situation said Tuesday, despite calls for more transparency.

The league remained unwavering in those stances on Tuesday even as the NFL Players Association and others connected to the investigation sought access to more information about a trove of emails obtained by Wilkinson during her probe of the Washington team’s workplace.
Somebody seriously needs to leak that stuff. Time to expose these people. The WFT findings we’ve seen so far are just the tip of the iceberg.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
IMG_8842.JPG

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
For once, read the f-ing article.

Still waiting for you to explain which f-ing article. I went and looked back since this story broke and in this thread there have been no linked articles.

So ...................?????????

What are the thoughts on why this was leaked? Was it to punish the NFL for having these email and not doing anything about it and Gruden was just the casualty, or was Gruden targeted specifically? Or a combination of both?

Top Bottom
1 2