Amazon running out of workers to exploit

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

That's actually quite an achievement. Maybe the strategy to burn people out and get them to quit within 3 years was a little shortsighted.
The lengths they go to in order to avoid unionization…

If they go out of business because of this, it will be well deserved.

They are the poster child of labor exploitation. Massive profits for investors, little-to-none of it going to workers.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The lengths they go to in order to avoid unionization…

If they go out of business because of this, it will be well deserved.

They are the poster child of labor exploitation. Massive profits for investors, little-to-none of it going to workers.

I recently heard is said that a good economy is usually code for how well business is able to exploit workers.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Maybe that explains why so many of my deliveries have been delayed recently.

If they don’t want their employees to unionize, maybe they should provide better working conditions, wages, benefits, etc. And don’t hire new employees and pay them more than employees who have worked there for much longer periods.

To my knowledge, Amazon employees (including much higher paid corporate jobs) don’t really get an employee discount- 10% off up to $1000 of products purchased through Amazon directly (not 3rd party seller). So basically $100 year. Great. They don’t even get a free prime account.

I’m a small business part owner, we go to great lengths to try to keep our employees feeling they are respected and appreciated as much as possible, especially those who are paid the least- which is still well above min wage. Recognizing and rewarding staff for getting through challenging times is vital. Even something as little as just bringing in bagels or whatever for the staff just to say we appreciate your hard work does a lot to maintain moral and at a negligible cost.

Amazon is obviously very different than a small business, but they have an absurd amount of money and I’m sure they can afford to find ways to better compensate their employees and provide a better working environment.

Top Bottom
1 2