Apple Event 4/20

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Upgraded recently from an Apple TV HD to a 4K. I’ve long been a fierce defender of the remote but, amazingly, the 4K remote performs worse than the HD. It loses the connection sometimes and lags. I’ll sometimes switch to the phone app or reboot the box but I’m not living with this long term. Eagerly waiting on reviews of the new box.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yes please.

1621865876548.png

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Well ...

It's a shitty rendering of a possible "Mini Pro", just been being talked about quite a bit recently with the news about a the new MBP. 10 core CPU - I guess the WOTS is 2-core efficiency / 8-core performance vs. the M1 design of 4+4, PLUS, a 16 or option for a 32-core GPU[?]

Holy Forking Snort, must have.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
So WWDC in two weeks and we could have another new MBP? As in right at the point I’m ready [finally] to buy one? I can’t believe it!

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
Well ...

It's a shitty rendering of a possible "Mini Pro", just been being talked about quite a bit recently with the news about a the new MBP. 10 core CPU - I guess the WOTS is 2-core efficiency / 8-core performance vs. the M1 design of 4+4, PLUS, a 16 or option for a 32-core GPU[?]

Holy Forking Snort, must have.

I'm hoping they do offer something like that. $1700 bucks for an M2 Mac Mini with 32GB RAM? I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Though per the usual, I'm expecting to have to pay upwards of $2500 to get the machine I need.

tranceking26

Power User
Reaction score
So WWDC in two weeks and we could have another new MBP? As in right at the point I’m ready [finally] to buy one? I can’t believe it!
Can't wait. Last years was really good. I would take a guess and say there'll be new MBPs. Hopefully a Product Red one!

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping they do offer something like that. $1700 bucks for an M2 Mac Mini with 32GB RAM? I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Though per the usual, I'm expecting to have to pay upwards of $2500 to get the machine I need.

Apple really reams you on this stuff. I can get away with 16GB. 8 is just too close to the edge. This machine has 64 installed. I seem to top out below 32 most of the time though. 16 would be more limiting but not that much. Personally, I would prefer to see a few quality of life improvements as well. If they had fewer incidences of swollen batteries, some improvement in the quality of their keycaps, and better options for storage replacement. SSDs, like HDDs are highly consumable parts. Keyboards are too, but replaceable ones would impact thickness so I don't see it happening.

It's very silly to me that with the amount of engineering that goes into those trackpads, they use low quality painted keycaps and stupid chiclet keyboards. These are just low quality items in general. The keycaps should have been something like double shot, so that you wouldn't have marked up letters after a year or two of heavy use.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Hope they get the masculinity right this time after that iMac fiasco! Pro products for manly men. And for everyone else.
That thread about the girly iMac was one of my favorites all-time on MR…

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I came into a $200 Apple gift certificate and used it on an ATV 4K 2021, even though I’d bought the 2017 version a month ago. Couldn’t let it go, I wanted the latest and that remote. It’s all pretty nice.

I’ll try to sell the older one on Craigslist for $100. I’d think that would move it but we’ll see.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2