Binge worthy TV

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I went to New Orleans over the weekend and I stopped by the mansion where they filmed American Horror Story: Coven

So now I am binge watching AHS:Coven again. It was by far my favorite season of AHS.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I went to New Orleans over the weekend and I stopped by the mansion where they filmed American Horror Story: Coven

So now I am binge watching AHS:Coven again. It was by far my favorite season of AHS.
Next time you head for the Big Easy let me know and I'll come meet you for lunch!

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
As some of you may know the wife and I been watching Outlander on Netflix. She’s already watched once through Season 3. We are up to season 4. I’m temperamental about time travel paradoxes when the story rubs my nose in it.

Season 4- Spoiler
The story loses a lot of it’s edge for me when Brianna, Claire’s daughter reads in a historical document of her parents untimely demise 200 years ago and decides she is going to go back in time to warn them. The. Brianna’s boyfriend chases her back in time too! Now stop thinking about time travel paradoxes especially when some enterprising Adventure Company starts taking groups of 10 vacationers back to the 18th century for time travel parties! No we’re not going to screw with the future, just observe unnoticed... ;)

Plus Roger and Brianna’s (Claire and Jamie’s daughter) relationship, what a mess, quite the counter point to Claire and Jamie’s.
200 years ago...a chance meeting of impulsive time travelers.
Oh Brianna!
Oh Roger!

Hugs, kisses.
Roger, what are you doing here??
I was such an idiot insisting on being engaged before sex. And then you left without a warning! I came to find you and change our status!
Let’s get married!
We pronounce ourselves married!
Oh! Oh! Oh!
(4 min of wedded bliss)
Soon after... Brianna: What! You knew about the fire and didn’t tell me?!
They were already dead and I wanted you to be happy!
Oh, I’m mad!

Roger: Look me in the eyes and tell me to go...back to the future...! (lip quivering).
No one is stopping you!
Roger grabs his clothes and stomps off.
Brianna: Maybe I’ll head back to the pub and see what happens... 👀

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I enjoyed it.. just finished watching. I didn’t expect much, but I ended up liking it. I downloaded the graphic novels using the Libby app linked to my local library card and will be reading them this week I think.
New series on Netflix: Jupiter's Legacy. Totally different from any other superhero show I've ever seen. It's a family affair, and every family has its problems. Watched 3 episodes last night and can't wait to watch more tonight!

Hopefully you guys didn't get too attached & hope for more. This is Netflix we are talking about

On the flip side, I really did enjoy Super Crooks, so looking forward to it on TV

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Hopefully you guys didn't get too attached & hope for more. This is Netflix we are talking about

On the flip side, I really did enjoy Super Crooks, so looking forward to it on TV
F-ing Netflix. They killed this like their other good comic-inspired shows Luke Cage and Jessica Jones… I get it free since I have T-Mobile, but still… Good news though: season 5 of Kim’s Convenience is here!

U

User.191

Sweet Tooth. It ticks all the boxes. On Netflix.
Finished it this weekend - binged starting Friday.

Decent show, had a few things that niggled me but overall I found it enjoyable and much better than Jupiter's Legacy which tried hard and had an "cliff-hanger" ending that made zero sense to me...

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Finished it this weekend - binged starting Friday.

Decent show, had a few things that niggled me but overall I found it enjoyable and much better than Jupiter's Legacy which tried hard and had an "cliff-hanger" ending that made zero sense to me...
I was delighted with the ending, but now I’m going to be impatient for the next season. I hope they started filming quickly, cause at that age, kids change a lot, and while Gus is a cute 10 year old deer-boy, not so sure how he’ll be if puberty hits while the show is on hiatus.

U

User.191

I was delighted with the ending, but now I’m going to be impatient for the next season. I hope they started filming quickly, cause at that age, kids change a lot, and while Gus is a cute 10 year old deer-boy, not so sure how he’ll be if puberty hits while the show is on hiatus.

Exactly what happened with young fresh faced 10 year old Chandler Riggs who stared as Rick Grimes son, Carl, on The Walking Dead.

He eventually was killed off when the actor was 17, yet the character was meant to be but 12-13 years…

Speaking of aging, there was a rather excellent (IMHO) movie that perfectly embraced its young cast aging: Richard Linklater‘s Boyhood, filmed over a 12 year period…

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Exactly what happened with young fresh faced 10 year old Chandler Riggs who stared as Rick Grimes son, Carl, on The Walking Dead.
Carl was a great character. I actually cried when he died.

It’s a problem using children as central characters on ongoing series. I’m having that experience now on Manifest with “Cal.” He started out as a really adorable precocious kid, and this past season he’s just been at that awkward age, and it’s only going to be worse next season.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
F-ing Netflix. They killed this like their other good comic-inspired shows Luke Cage and Jessica Jones… I get it free since I have T-Mobile, but still… Good news though: season 5 of Kim’s Convenience is here!

You should definitely check out Invincible on Prime, S1 is done, two more seasons already announced, it's pretty fantastic, I think I rambled about it in thread at some point. It's __much__ better than Jupiter's Legacy (though it is animated vs. live action, so some people aren't into the latter). Lots of Walking Dead actors providing voices (but not dead Co-rrel ...)

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Summer fare: the second (2020) adaptation of All Creatures Great and Small, on Prime Video PBS Channel. On the free trial I managed to watch all of Jewel in the Crown, my reason for taking the trial sub, and so now I'm running it out with this delightful two-season retake on the book by James Herriot, pen name of the actual Yorkshire veterinarian Alf Wight. Not sure I'll continue the sub to this channel as I'm usually more than content to select from whatever PBS Passport has on offer to members, but I had really wanted to see the Indian series with updated audio so I went for it.

Top Bottom
1 2