COVID Stupid

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
At this point, I doubt if anything will convince the die-hard antivaxxers. Certainly not guidance from public health officials, physicians, and other people with domain expertise, not the death of other unvaccinated people around them, and not even a close brush with death from COVID-19. They are a lost cause who will continue to overwhelm the healthcare system during surges, complicating life and potentially causing death or lack of access to care for others.

Unfortunately, the United States nearly leads the pack in the percentage of people who fall into this category. It's honestly hard for me to muster a lot of empathy for them. Like drunk drivers who get back on the road and kill others, their actions have consequences for more than just themselves. In many instances, their approach to the pandemic is molded by massive misinformation from Fox News and other grifters, but it's not as if reliable information isn't also available to them if they care to listen.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
At this point, I doubt if anything will convince the die-hard antivaxxers. Certainly not guidance from public health officials, physicians, and other people with domain expertise, not the death of other unvaccinated people around them, and not even a close brush with death from COVID-19. They are a lost cause who will continue to overwhelm the healthcare system during surges, complicating life and potentially causing death or lack of access to care for others.

Unfortunately, the United States nearly leads the pack in the percentage of people who fall into this category. It's honestly hard for me to muster a lot of empathy for them. Like drunk drivers who get back on the road and kill others, their actions have consequences for more than just themselves. In many instances, their approach to the pandemic is molded by massive misinformation from Fox News and other grifters, but it's not as if reliable information isn't also available to them if they care to listen.

Yeah, some people seem too set in their ways to listen to reason. Since I'm not a doctor and have never taken any oaths, I say the sooner that crowd kills themselves off, the better off we'll all be. That population isn't savable. I don't want to see people die, but I also don't want this crowd keeping things going longer than is necessary. The longer it has a nice place to circulate, the longer it has to turn into the next letter of the Greek alphabet.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
seems not was an employee that did it when I read more.
LYNNWOOD, Wash. — In the past week, a pirate-themed bar in the Seattle suburb of Lynnwood has lost staff, bands and other customers — over a show with advertised discounted prices for people sick with COVID-19.

The Vessel Taphouse posted on Facebook on Friday, Jan. 21, that people should, “Come see the show, maybe catch the virus or just stay home and whine,” The Daily Herald reported.

The post also said people could enter the bar for a discounted rate with proof of omicron positive test. Owner Steve Hartley said four employees quit and three bands refused to play another show that weekend. Hartley told the newspaper the post was “an ill-advised attempt at humor,” and the responsible employee has been fired.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Except, I suspect that is a pickup from the US: it does not look like a Canadian plate.
It was a convoy that Americans joined in on.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1485881178196353024/

What people are saying that took photos is that it was part of this convoy in Canada.

I should point out also there's a whole discussion in that thread how white supremacists in Canada adopted the confederate flag as their symbol.

Last edited:

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
A couple WTFs
l78fi556dke81.jpg

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Top comment FTW "Cut me open and insert somebody else’s kidney? No problem! Vaccinate me? What are you crazy that stuff is dangerous!"

Seems to be happening quite a lot. Given that they'll have to take immuno-suppressants to reduce the chance that organ is rejected, they're not going to be considered eligible without getting vaccinated against anything they're like to encounter.

He mentions having worked sick. If he got COVID, I wonder if he would still show up to work.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Canadians seem to be learning US behavior patterns,

Roughly a dozen protesters had parked their vehicles on the site of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Ottawa's National War Memorial earlier Saturday. The cars and trucks were removed by midday after orders from local police. "Parking on this sacred ground was a sign of complete disrespect," Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson said.

Later, protesters were seen dancing on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier …

Seriously, WTF is wrong with people?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Plague rats gave these two nurses $1.5 million for something they could have gotten for free
only in the us will people pay 250.00 for something you can get for free.

Long Island Nurses Make $1.5 Million in Fake Vaccine Card Scam: DA​

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom
1 2