COVID Stupid

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
If we are going to call out stupid, do we get to call out both sides? Or are celebs exempt?

Yep, Fox is stupid. It’s ok to say it. You’d think they would realize that masks are to protect the unvaccinated by now, especially considering that’s exactly what they do in their own newsroom. But… no.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Yep, Fox is stupid. It’s ok to say it. You’d think they would realize that masks are to protect the unvaccinated by now, especially considering that’s exactly what they do in their own newsroom. But… no.

Missed the point. Probably because the goalposts moved.

It's stupid because authorities are doing their best to get people to wear masks and then all these celebs are on TV maskless. Not going to convince the normal folks that they need to wear masks when they see celebs on TV not doing so.

Even Seth Rogan called them out. And he was one of them.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Missed the point. Probably because the goalposts moved.

It's stupid because authorities are doing their best to get people to wear masks and then all these celebs are on TV maskless. Not going to convince the normal folks that they need to wear masks when they see celebs on TV not doing so.

Even Seth Rogan called them out. And he was one of them.
Well there are the vaccinated on one side and STUPID on the other. And actually the goal posts have moved. Masks were the standard before the vaccine was readily available, now among the vaccinated, masks are to give STUPID a break. And in my view a lot of the vaccinated are now getting attitudes about putting up with STUPID.

Interesting this is a critique coming from Faux News. They just don’t miss a chance to be two faced deceptive, and manipulative.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Well there are the vaccinated on one side and STUPID on the other. And actually the goal posts have moved. Masks were the standard before the vaccine was readily available, now among the vaccinated, masks are to give STUPID a break. And in my view a lot of the vaccinated are now getting attitudes about putting up with STUPID.

Interesting this is a critique coming from Faux News. They just don’t miss a chance to be two faced deceptive, and manipulative.

Fox is attacking the producers of the Emmys for having the same policy they have in their newsroom. And the Fox viewers 🐑 eat it up. They also conflate Fauci = Deep State = Hollywood elites = Emmys producers without even thinking twice. Since they dislike these groups or people, they assume they are all working together.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
If we are going to call out stupid, do we get to call out both sides? Or are celebs exempt?

Since you seem to be soliciting for opinions, here's mine.

Everyone had to show proof of vaccination AND test negative to attend. I have no problem with it.

All the angry messages in the article were stupid. You kid has to wear a mask to school? Does your child's school require proof of vaccination AND a negative test from EVERY child? If not, what does one have to do with the other?

Seems like the Obama birthday party all over again. People who don't want to wear a mask or get a vaccine are finding every little excuse they can to justify their poor behavior. Like pointing out crap like this.

Vaccinated people doing all the right things and having a celebration shouldn't be the big news story. The big story here is that most of America can't have fun like this because of all the people doing all the wrong things.

If Fox News cared more about the truth than keeping viewers, they would be telling America that they too could celebrate like this if they would just go get their vaccine. But that's not the message people are tuning in to hear. So they give the audience what they're asking for and we end up with useless stories like this.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Since you seem to be soliciting for opinions, here's mine.

Everyone had to show proof of vaccination AND test negative to attend. I have no problem with it.

All the angry notes messages in the article were stupid. You kid has to wear a mask to school? Does your child's school require proof of vaccination AND a negative test from EVERY child? If not, what does one have to do with the other?

Seems like the Obama birthday party all over again. People who don't want to wear a mask or get a vaccine are finding every little excuse they can to justify their poor behavior. Like pointing out crap like this.

Vaccinated people doing all the right things and having a celebration shouldn't be the big news story. The big story here is that most of America can't have fun like this because of all the people doing all the wrong things.

If Fox News cared more about the truth than keeping viewers, they would be telling America that they too could celebrate like this if they would just go get their vaccine. But that's not the message people are tuning in to hear. So they give the audience what they're asking for and we end up with useless stories like this.
>Everyone had to show proof of vaccination AND test negative to attend. I have no problem with it.< (y)(y)

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
>Everyone had to show proof of vaccination AND test negative to attend. I have no problem with it.< (y)(y)

I have 2 problems with it.

First, people can still spread it even if they are vaccinated. Isn't that what we have been told? Pretty sure the CDC guidance is still masking indoors, EVEN FOR VACCINATED PEOPLE. They can say it was outdoors all they want, but it was in an enclosed tent.

Second, you can test NEGATIVE up to 10 days AFTER being exposed. So a negative test is almost useless in this situation.

Look, I knew what the response would be. Had the same situation been a bunch of Republicans (all Vaxxed and tested) doing the same thing, this place would be full of posts condemning it. And as usual it became more about Fox than the issue they were reporting. It was not a good look and I think more of you know it than are willing to admit it.

I am vaxxed, but I can guarantee I will NEVER put a mask back on because a politician tells me to. They have lost all credibility on this issue. So if that means I am stuck at the house, so be it. COVID has been good enough for my business that I can not work for a year and still be on track. And I have plenty of things to do at my house and mom's house to keep me busy.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Had the same situation been a bunch of Republicans (all Vaxxed and tested) doing the same thing, this place would be full of posts condemning it. And as usual it became more about Fox than the issue they were reporting. It was not a good look and I think more of you know it than are willing to admit it.
I already pointed out a bunch of Republicans that do the same thing every day - Fox News.

I haven't seen any posts here condemning them for this policy. People are upset that they require vaccines at their workplace while decrying Biden's vaccine mandates and actively discouraging people from getting the vaccines that they themselves already got. That is rank hypocrisy.

But their vaccine mandate, so that they can safely let people go on air without masks? I've yet to see anybody raise an issue on that. I applaud it.

You love to pose hypotheticals and claim you know what the response of others would be. In this case, we have an ACTUAL situation that matches your hypothetical, and you can see Fox is not being condemned for having anchors vaccinated and going on the air without masks.

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I already pointed out a bunch of Republicans that do the same thing every day - Fox News.

I haven't seen any posts here condemning them for this policy. People are upset that they require vaccines at their workplace while decrying Biden's vaccine mandates and actively discouraging people from getting the vaccines that they themselves already got. That is rank hypocrisy.
There is a difference between what a business requires of its employees vs what the government requires businesses to require of their employees. I know you probably don't see it, or care if you do. But there is a difference.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
There is a difference between what a business requires of its employees vs what the government requires businesses to require of their employees. I know you probably don't see it, or care if you do. But there is a difference.
You haven't refuted my point, but you have insinuated that I'm either stupid or willfully ignorant or both. So, good work. That tells me this debate is already over... that and the rant about locking yourself in your house for a year just to avoid wearing a mask. 🤦‍♂️

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
You haven't refuted my point, but you have insinuated that I'm either stupid or willfully ignorant or both. So, good work. That tells me this debate is already over... that and the rant about locking yourself in your house for a year just to avoid wearing a mask. 🤦‍♂️

Not a rant. Not even a rant about masks. A pushback against "Rules for thee, but not for me".

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Not a rant. Not even a rant about masks. A pushback against "Rules for thee, but not for me".
Yeah, but that's not even true. Again, Fox News and the Emmys had the same policy. You didn't give a hoot about Fox's policy, but you're angry about the Emmys. If you're angry at anybody, it should be the unvaccinated. If everybody got their shots, masks would now be a distant memory.

I am vaxxed, but I can guarantee I will NEVER put a mask back on because a politician tells me to. They have lost all credibility on this issue. So if that means I am stuck at the house, so be it. COVID has been good enough for my business that I can not work for a year and still be on track. And I have plenty of things to do at my house and mom's house to keep me busy.
Seems a bit rant-ish to me, and I rant a lot so...

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have 2 problems with it.

First, people can still spread it even if they are vaccinated. Isn't that what we have been told? Pretty sure the CDC guidance is still masking indoors, EVEN FOR VACCINATED PEOPLE. They can say it was outdoors all they want, but it was in an enclosed tent.

Second, you can test NEGATIVE up to 10 days AFTER being exposed. So a negative test is almost useless in this situation.

Look, I knew what the response would be. Had the same situation been a bunch of Republicans (all Vaxxed and tested) doing the same thing, this place would be full of posts condemning it. And as usual it became more about Fox than the issue they were reporting. It was not a good look and I think more of you know it than are willing to admit it.

Here is my view, at this point the issue is the dummies who in the name their libertay are refusing to get vaccinated. The other part of the issue is the wholesale disregarding of wearing masks, nobody is listening, well a few are. I wear a mask when entering a store. I’ve stopped wearing a mask at the gym, mostly because I am not concerned about dieing. I’d estimate maybe 5% wear masks while working out at my Houston gym.

That said, if we had 95% vaccination rate, the seriousness of this pandemic would be over, our emergency rooms and ICUs would not be overflowing. This was the reason why everything shut down in the first place, the medical infrastructure being overwhelmed. So at this point, if you want to cast blame, the seriousness of this pandemic is directly on the shoulders of the anti-vaxers.

I accept your anger, if it is not faux, political anger about mask non-compliance. Wearing a mask would help reduce transmission, but if everyone was vaccinated, it would not be the big deal that it is. We are back to 2000 a day dieing. I say you should have gotten vaccinated, and consequently, an abundance of Darwin Awards being handed out to people who deserved such an award. Or maybe we should be blaming The Head Turd (2020) and other Trump leeches who politicized this pandemic in the first place calling it a hoax and a non-issue to keep their base barefoot and STUPID. :unsure:

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Look, I knew what the response would be. Had the same situation been a bunch of Republicans (all Vaxxed and tested) doing the same thing, this place would be full of posts condemning it.

Believe it or not, I was on your side before I clicked the link. I figured it would be a bunch of celebrities skipping their mask for the cameras. I would have had issues with them doing something dumb.

I personally don't agree with the choices they did make for the reasons you mentioned. But I also never stopped wearing my mask. I held on to mine "just in case" (we now refer to "just in case" as simply the "Delta Variant"). So ***I*** would not have done what they did even though I'm vaccinated and negative as far as I know. But I don't have a problem with ***them*** doing what they did under the conditions they did it.

I'm willing to meet you that far. I have nothing against you personally. I don't automatically have issues with your sources or stories. I sometimes hit their website to see what they think is important in the country today. I just disagree with their take on that story and that they would choose to cover this instead of pushing people to get vaccinated.

I am vaxxed, but I can guarantee I will NEVER put a mask back on because a politician tells me to.

Neither would I. But I also differentiate between a politician telling me to do it, and a politician telling me to do it based on the latest available science and medical advice. And, as mentioned above, I wore mine even when the politicians were saying I didn't need to. So I don't necessarily take mine off when they tell me to either. That's like winning a big battle in a war and declaring victory and withdrawing all your troops and going back home. It's not over till it's over.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Probably not the right covid thread for this, but had to get tested this morning because one of my coworkers tested positive. Googling the closest testing location, going there to get tested (drive-thru testing), and getting the result all took about an hour. Test came back negative.

Test cost $60 but my employer will reimburse me. The vaccination is free. I don't know where other employers stand on paying for tests, but if you are poor then $60 isn't easy to write off and I can't imagine an employer is going to want to fork that out weekly (or whatever the mandate says) to people who refuse to get vaccinated.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
At this point I would define “STUPID” as those setting themselves up to die, because they don’t trust experts and authority, or put their faith in corrupt politicians playing them. A sad touch is at the end when they are begging to be saved.

Now it’s very likely we might have a debate about who those corrupt politicians were and are. The easy answer is: they are the ones lying to you because you’ll love them for it. Give a little ”baa” of approval on your way down the shoot to being sheered. :unsure:

What disturbs me the most is the distain directed at Dr Fauci, this strikes me as just more politics, teeth knashing coming from an angry Right looking for someone’s ass to bite because their chosen flaming loser, who was a completely sick and pathetic imbecile, (predictably by everyone but them), failed to survive the disgust of the majority.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Probably not the right covid thread for this, but had to get tested this morning because one of my coworkers tested positive. Googling the closest testing location, going there to get tested (drive-thru testing), and getting the result all took about an hour. Test came back negative.

Test cost $60 but my employer will reimburse me. The vaccination is free. I don't know where other employers stand on paying for tests, but if you are poor then $60 isn't easy to write off and I can't imagine an employer is going to want to fork that out weekly (or whatever the mandate says) to people who refuse to get vaccinated.
Standby: employer mandates. No one wants COVID messing up their business model.

Top Bottom
1 2