COVID Stupid

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
You got vaccinated, that is not stupid. So compared to STUPID, I give you an atta-boy! :)
I’m going to assume you got it because you believe it work, yes? Don’t let me down! :D
Why would I celebrate your death from COVID after getting vaccinated? No need for self pity. ;)

Sorry to let you down. It was a combination of two things. One, it was the quickest path to being mask free. Second, my mom was 92, had a list of commodities longer than my arm and was going into an assisted living facility that required them to access the premises at any time (otherwise you had Sundays and certain holidays). So I was not going to just put her in there and let them cut me off except when they decided it was OK.

As to whether or not I believe it works, sure as well as the flu vaccine does. Better for some, not so great for others. Right now it seems the betters are outpacing the not so greats. :)

And I may not have been clear, I don't recall anyone celebrating those who died after being vaccinated, but there certainly has been some for the unvaxxed that have died. Yes, some of them did some stupid stuff, but celebrating someone's death for simply not getting vaccinated and paying the ultimate price is not something I will ever condone.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My take is if they ask you to wear it, wear it. If they ask you to wear underpants so you're not pissing all over everyone, go ahead and wear those too. Right now the free market (for the most part) is speaking, long held Republican principles and one would think they would embrace it. Alternatively, you don't have to patronize that establishment either, that is certainly your right.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
For you personally, what is the point of not wearing a mask out in public? What's the harm if you do wear a mask?

I hate them. I can't breath well with them on. It is not about freedom or any of that BS. Just like some guys like boxers over briefs because one isn't comfortable or some women don't like bras, masks are not comfortable to me.

I wore one when required, but will not again. I will simply stay home. Seeing too many politicians and celebs lecturing me (not me personally) about wearing them only to be caught not wearing them. And someone always makes an excuse for them, just like at the Emmy's. Follow the science they say, well the CDC (the science) says don't do what they did and all of a sudden the science doesn't matter because FoxNews did the report.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
My take is if they ask you to wear it, wear it. If they ask you to wear underpants so you're not pissing all over everyone, go ahead and wear those too. Right now the free market (for the most part) is speaking, long held Republican principles and one would think they would embrace it. Alternatively, you don't have to patronize that establishment either, that is certainly your right.

If an establishment asks me to wear one, I will if I really want to patronize that business. But no government agency is going to force me to. Nor will Lowe's. They reinstated their mask policy for employees on August 2nd and call for social distancing. So now all the employees are wearing chinstraps. Plus my local one had 2 registers open the other day side by side forcing the people checking out to be within 3' feet of one another. They don't really believe in masks, they just want to look like they are doing something.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
If an establishment asks me to wear one, I will if I really want to patronize that business. But no government agency is going to force me to. Nor will Lowe's. They reinstated their mask policy for employees on August 2nd and call for social distancing. So now all the employees are wearing chinstraps. Plus my local one had 2 registers open the other day side by side forcing the people checking out to be within 3' feet of one another. They don't really believe in masks, they just want to look like they are doing something.
You should walk in with your pants hanging down half of your ass and then start farting on everyone, that would be great. Don't forget to share the video.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Sorry to let you down. It was a combination of two things. One, it was the quickest path to being mask free. Second, my mom was 92, had a list of commodities longer than my arm and was going into an assisted living facility that required them to access the premises at any time (otherwise you had Sundays and certain holidays). So I was not going to just put her in there and let them cut me off except when they decided it was OK.

As to whether or not I believe it works, sure as well as the flu vaccine does. Better for some, not so great for others. Right now it seems the betters are outpacing the not so greats. :)

And I may not have been clear, I don't recall anyone celebrating those who died after being vaccinated, but there certainly has been some for the unvaxxed that have died. Yes, some of them did some stupid stuff, but celebrating someone's death for simply not getting vaccinated and paying the ultimate price is not something I will ever condone.
I don’t care why people get vaccinated. I posted a link where you could get free tickets to a MLB game if you get the vaccine. If that gets somebody there, who cares?

Most people thought a couple things that turned out differently.

1) Herd immunity would happen at around 70%. The Delta variant turned out to be more transmissible, and it seems that herd immunity might need a higher number.
2) People would be glad to get vaccinated so they could get rid of their masks. Nope. Some areas said “if you’re vaccinated you can take off the masks” and people realized “you can’t tell if I’m vaccinated or not! I will take off my mask even though I didn’t get vaccinated.”

So, we are back to mask mandates because of people not getting vaccinated and the more contagious Delta variant.

I feel bad for some people who didn’t get vaccinated and then died. I will call them victims of disinformation. These are possible true believers of Trump. They loved operation Warp Speed, but when Trump didn’t get re-elected, suddenly they don’t want a vaccine anymore. Or maybe they are getting scared from lies on Facebook or some website.

The people I don’t feel bad for are those who died but also caused other deaths by spreading the disinformation. Right-wing radio hosts, etc. I feel bad for a guy who commits suicide alone. I do not feel bad for the suicidal terrorists on 9/11, or somebody who shoots up a school and then takes his own life.

The truly evil ones? Those who got the vaccine but are discouraging others from getting it. Their own actions show they know it is safe and life-saving. But they spread lies to make money off of people who don’t know better. These are mass murderers with no remorse.

U

User.45

I don’t care why people get vaccinated. I posted a link where you could get free tickets to a MLB game if you get the vaccine. If that gets somebody there, who cares?

Most people thought a couple things that turned out differently.

1) Herd immunity would happen at around 70%. The Delta variant turned out to be more transmissible, and it seems that herd immunity might need a higher number.
2) People would be glad to get vaccinated so they could get rid of their masks. Nope. Some areas said “if you’re vaccinated you can take off the masks” and people realized “you can’t tell if I’m vaccinated or not! I will take off my mask even though I didn’t get vaccinated.”

So, we are back to mask mandates because of people not getting vaccinated and the more contagious Delta variant.

I feel bad for some people who didn’t get vaccinated and then died. I will call them victims of disinformation. These are possible true believers of Trump. They loved operation Warp Speed, but when Trump didn’t get re-elected, suddenly they don’t want a vaccine anymore. Or maybe they are getting scared from lies on Facebook or some website.

The people I don’t feel bad for are those who died but also caused other deaths by spreading the disinformation. Right-wing radio hosts, etc. I feel bad for a guy who commits suicide alone. I do not feel bad for the suicidal terrorists on 9/11, or somebody who shoots up a school and then takes his own life.

The truly evil ones? Those who got the vaccine but are discouraging others from getting it. Their own actions show they know it is safe and life-saving. But they spread lies to make money off of people who don’t know better. These are mass murderers with no remorse.
I agree with most of this.

To be clear though, we hoped that herd immunity would eradicate COVID. That ship has sailed. COVID is here to stay and it will most likely tame to a flu-like illness once everybody's exposed at least once. The only question is whether we sacrifice millions of lives unnecessarily in this process or not.

What hits home about the r/HermanCainAward subreddit is the normal human response to impending death is what's usually shown as the last or the post before in these sequences. Most of us experience the same fear when we face our demise, it's part of the human condition. What's been shocking to me is how many nominally grown up humans still think they are invincible.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Let me mention another reason people might not want the vaccine. And you mentioned it - FB and the other socials. In an effort to stop disinformation, they are also suppressing true experiences. If you had an actual bad reaction to the vaccine and wanted to post about it on FB, your post would be deleted. That is not disinformation if it is the actual truth (yes, it's hard to tell sometimes) but they will censor it anyway. So some people are leery about getting it because they believe that some of the side effects are being hidden, and they are by the socials, mainly FB and Twitter.

So in their effort to prevent disinformation, they are also scaring some people away from the vaccine.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
When you get to the stage that it becomes time to blame the liberals for the anti vaxxers decisions

Do you want to know why I think Howard Stern is going full-monster with his mockery of three fellow human beings who died of the coronavirus? Because leftists like Stern and CNNLOL and Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi and Anthony Fauci are deliberately looking to manipulate Trump supporters into not getting vaccinated.

Nothing else makes sense to me.

In a country where elections are decided on razor-thin margins, does it not benefit one side if their opponents simply drop dead?

If I wanted to use reverse psychology to convince people not to get a life-saving vaccination, I would do exactly what Stern and the left are doing… I would bully and taunt and mock and ridicule you for not getting vaccinated, knowing the human response would be, Hey, fuck you, I’m never getting vaccinated!

All the time, it was reverse psychology by the libs.

Ohhhhhh!

Are we forgetting when Geraldo wanted to call the vaccine "the Trump"? Are we confessing out loud the belief that a portion of the American people is so stupid?

Is this why people trusted vaccines until it became a political thing, then it isn't to be trusted? Science is a thing to be believed only if it supports our views? Instead for some, the vaccine has to be declared from their preferred choice of political leader, before they will take it?

74no.gif

F F S

Was just typing this, and you beat me to it.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Let me mention another reason people might not want the vaccine. And you mentioned it - FB and the other socials. In an effort to stop disinformation, they are also suppressing true experiences. If you had an actual bad reaction to the vaccine and wanted to post about it on FB, your post would be deleted. That is not disinformation if it is the actual truth (yes, it's hard to tell sometimes) but they will censor it anyway. So some people are leery about getting it because they believe that some of the side effects are being hidden, and they are by the socials, mainly FB and Twitter.

So in their effort to prevent disinformation, they are also scaring some people away from the vaccine.
People can THINK this, but it‘s definitely not true. Again, anybody who believes what you said above is a victim of disinformation. I blame the peddlers of the disinformation.

Nobody is intentionally covering up true stories of issues people are having. Just look at the CDC site for proof that these stories are being recorded publicly. They are not being covered up by the government. It’s bull-💩.

BS Facebook groups full of lies are shut down, and then far right nut jobs start claiming that they are covering things up. The whole thing is nonsense, and blaming Facebook instead of the people peddling the lies is a cop-out. And you wouldn’t even know about this unless you read about it on right-wing sites… which are the same ones selling vaccine lies.

So again, shame on the people fear-mongering that “Facebook is covering up millions of vaccine deaths.” But blaming Facebook when they shut down the groups run by these scam artists is what you think is the REAL problem? Just wow.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

• Vaccines have been proven effective for 200 years.
  • Vaccines are +100, vs taking your chances are 0-10.
  • Vaccines don’t keep you from getting sick, they just provide some benefit from avoiding disfiguration, to permanent debilitation, to death and for the vast majority it keeps you out of a hospital on a ventilator, and or further permanent health complications, so give vaccines their due. Cheer for vaccines! Don’t slap them with political BS.
And don’t confuse distain with celebration, I’m the former with many of these right wing libertay idiots, but not all, some people are just ignorant, gullible victims, I have some sympathy for them. Actually it’s a tragedy. The answer has been here all along yet some have chosen to play in traffic In the name of their political idol.

So you can have sympathy for them and their families, I don’t begrudge you, but in the end after so much resistance to the obvious answer, idiots shouting from the rooftops “COVID is a scam!” to be followed by them whimpering on their death beds, I’ve run out of sympathy for STUPID. And they can be adults and accept responsibility for their actions, and I can mutter you win a Darwin Award. :( :oops:

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
I hate them. I can't breath well with them on. It is not about freedom or any of that BS. Just like some guys like boxers over briefs because one isn't comfortable or some women don't like bras, masks are not comfortable to me.

I wore one when required, but will not again. I will simply stay home. Seeing too many politicians and celebs lecturing me (not me personally) about wearing them only to be caught not wearing them. And someone always makes an excuse for them, just like at the Emmy's. Follow the science they say, well the CDC (the science) says don't do what they did and all of a sudden the science doesn't matter because FoxNews did the report.

Well, aren't you just so special?!!! You hate the mask. Now that you've been vaccinated, you won't wear one. News flash: You're not the only one for whom wearing a mask isn't the greatest thing since sliced bread. Sure, it's not comfortable with regard to breathing, sure, it can fog up one's glasses, an annoyance, but somehow those who are responsible, thoughtful individuals wear the mask anyway. For some people there's more to this, as well, including the very logistics of putting the darned thing on and keeping it in place, but those of us who do have issues with donning a mask have managed to deal with this, as it's important and can make a difference. Sure, it's not easy to breathe in a mask, and it's annoying when my glasses fog up, but I'd much rather wear the mask for a short time when going to the grocery store or other places in public and be able to take it off when I'm back in my car or at home than to be struggling to breathe due to COVID-19 and then finding myself in the ICU with the announcement that I would need to be put on a ventilator (if I were even conscious and aware enough to know that this was being implemented)......

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

Just to be clear, since I do like to ride that line. I'm not celebrating the death of anyone. But I will celebrate that they can no longer influence others with bad health advise. If it took a death to shut their pie hole, that's sad, but the world is a better place without them spreading lies and misinformation. I'm celebrating one less idiot with the power to influence others to do the wrong thing. But just in case I ever come off as a cold jerk, I'd MUCH RATHER read stories about talk show hosts coming to their senses without the needless pain and suffering. I'd prefer to read stories about these people using their platform to advocate for people doing the right thing.

I've just about run out of sympathy. I'm tired of reading about people in the hospital having a change of heart. But that's a far car from being happy about someone else's death.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
More about vaccine mandates/incentives. Lots of football fans are right-wing in their views, especially where I come from in WNY. However, mandates for vaccines can work.

When the Erie County Department of Health and Buffalo Bills announced following Week 1 that every fan over the age of 11 in attendance at home games would need to be vaccinated, they offered season ticket holders the chance to get a refund for the season. Of the 58,000 to 60,000 season ticket holders, only 762 took up the offer according to Sal Capaccio of WGR 550. We don’t know the exact number of season tickets sold, but it’s about 1.3 percent.

That 98.7% of Bills season ticket holders are NOT all Biden fans. But they were wiling to get vaccinated so they could see their favorite team in person. I guess this could be seen as more of an incentive than a mandate since football games are not a necessity of life, but if people want something bad enough, they will get the shot.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
More about vaccine mandates/incentives. Lots of football fans are right-wing in their views, especially where I come from in WNY. However, mandates for vaccines can work.

That 98.7% of Bills season ticket holders are NOT all Biden fans. But they were wiling to get vaccinated so they could see their favorite team in person. I guess this could be seen as more of an incentive than a mandate since football games are not a necessity of life, but if people want something bad enough, they will get the shot.
We need more of this! Want to go out and have fun? Get the damn vaccine. No? Well have fun staying home.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Just in case anyone thinks it's only in the USA that Covid-Stupidity is a severe ailment: In Australia, riots in Victoria have caused the construction industry to be shut down for two weeks, to cool off over violent objections to vaccination mandates.

Victoria’s building industry will be shut for two weeks after a day of unprecedented protests at the construction union’s head office, where windows were smashed, projectiles thrown at senior officials and riot police used rubber bullets to disperse the crowd.

All projects in metropolitan Melbourne, City of Ballarat, City of Greater Geelong, Surf Coast Shire and Mitchell Shire will be shuttered, with limited exempts for workers to attend closed sites to respond emergencies or perform urgent and essential work to protect health and safety.

Industrial Relations Minister Tim Pallas said the decision had been driven by multiple outbreaks linked to the industry, as well as “widespread non-compliance” with COVID safety rules.

“We put the industry on notice just a week ago, we have seen appalling behaviour on site and on our streets, and now we’re acting decisively and without hesitation,” he said in a statement.

Fluoro-clad protesters had earlier pelted the construction union office with plastic bottles, a plastic crate and smashed windows. The crowd included a mix of construction workers, far-right activists and people opposed to COVID-19 vaccines.

One flyer distributed to members said: “Our rights and conditions are under threat, there is a core group of members within union delegates and within members who believe this attack on our conditions and rights should not be allowed. We will no longer sit in the dark, this is our union, our city and we will take it back if need be.”

The protests at the union office quickly grew on Monday, with attacks on both the union leadership and the state government.

Members threatened to burn their union tickets and directed abuse at CFMEU Victorian secretary John Setka, who addressed the crowd, but was shouted down and called the “bitch” of Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Top Bottom
1 2