COVID Stupid

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It seems like accessing the Internet was the problem. Some people only look at Facebook, which could be full of disinformation. Zuckerberg doesn’t give a 💩 if people die - as long as he keeps getting profits. The lie-peddlers only care about clicks and ad impressions. It’s quite possible to use the internet and never read a single thing that is true.

I really don’t get the thinking…

Why was it the hardest decision of your life? There is something horribly wrong with the thought processes of that entire family. Based on the vaccination rates I’m seeing from Idaho, a majority of people there are equally messed-up in their thinking.

I also wonder how hard it is to get out of the disinformation matrix, sincerely wonder. Think of how many times you watched something on YouTube on a topic a couple times and then you are blasted with recommendations for similar content for the next month. I imagine things like Facebook and Twitter are even worse.

There really should be a tool or service that wipes your interest history and maybe also something that will point you to better or more positive information.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Clix Pix

Focused
Site Donor
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
Main Camera
Sony
The Washington Post headlined an article: "Unvaccinated should get priority for monoclonal antibodies treatment, some officials say"

My instant reaction to this is "no way!!!" If someone is idiotic and stupid enough to not get the freely available vaccine which could protect them from this virus, then IMHO they sure do not deserve any special consideration when it comes to medical care. Why should they be prioritized for administration of monoclonal antibodies or any other potential treatment which may come along? They've already blown their opportunities for staying COVID-free and healthy. They've refused the vaccine. So, fine, let them deal with the consequences, whether it's a mild case of COVID-19, a serious case leaving them gasping for breath in the ICU and a ventilator on the horizon in the treatment plan with no guarantee of this saving their lives, or if they do manage to seemingly recover, yet find themselves still struggling with symptoms and serious long-term effects which may be with them for the rest of their lives (i.e., "long COVID"), well, too bad, too sad. Whatever happens to someone who deliberately chooses to not be vaccinated, to not wear a mask, to scream about his or her "rights", is hmmm.......going to take its course, then, isn't it?

IMHO priority for monoclonal antibodies treatment should be reserved for those who have been vaccinated and who still developed COVID-19 anyway and/or those who were unable to be vaccinated due to pre-existing medical conditions which contraindicated administration of the vaccine.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
E_3BL-JVQAI2HWB

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
An update on Seth Rogen & his comments at the Emmy awards

Producer Ian Stewart told Variety that the crew had “worked for months and months to make that a safe space.” He added, “We’ve worked with all the health authorities. We were signed off by LA County, we came up with a plan with them. Those tables were distanced. Everyone was vaccinated. Everyone was negative tested in that audience. And also he had rehearsed. So he knew exactly what it was. So, I just felt it was an unfortunate misdirect from him. Because it wasn’t just our decision. This is the health authorities’ decision as well, to say that it’s a completely safe environment if you do all those things.”

Stewart—who had even more to say about the Rogen situation—noted that “many discussions to get [health protocols] right feel a little bit wasted” and said that after Rogen went off script, producers had to “play catch up” so the audience wouldn’t think it was unsafe and unethical to be there. “We work in this industry, we’re desperately aware of COVID. I’ve done 50 productions nearly in COVID and not have people get sick. So, it’s deeply frustrating,” Stewart said.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
An update on Seth Rogen & his comments at the Emmy awards
Has Seth apologized? He also mispronounced the name of the winner of the award he presented. He seems like he just doesn’t give a 💩 about anybody or anything. Then he pretends to care about COVID-19 but didn’t check any facts before he started spouting.

Most celebrity actors don’t know much about anything but acting. Same for pop stars and reality stars. Voting for them as world leaders or taking health advice from them seems stupid to me. But for many, celebrity = credibility.

Yoused

up
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Disturbing AP story about the extent to which anti-health-regulations rules and laws are being passed in a lot of states.
… Lori Tremmel Freeman, head of the National Association of County and City Health Officials … said her city and county health officials’ group has meager influence and resources, especially in comparison with (ALEC) …
The new laws are meant to reduce the power of governors and restore the balance of power between states’ executive branches and legislatures, said Jonathon Hauenschild, director of the ALEC task force on communications and technology. “Governors are elected, but they were delegating a lot of authority to the public health official, often that they had appointed …”

Darn, governors are appointing people and then letting them do their jobs! It is a travesty I tells ya, a travesty!

Fuck ALEC, goddamn nihilist bastards, fuck them all, up the dark place, sideways, with three porcupines and a cobra.

Yoused

up
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I suspect they are trying to inundate and suffocate us in ever growing heaps of erratic, increasingly whaaaa??? perilous goofiness.

And, of course, deranged, psychotic CTs: Michael Flynn believes "they" are plotting to put the vaccine into salad dressing. (I mean, do MAGAts even eat any non-meat foods? BBQ sauce would make more sense.)

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I suspect they are trying to inundate and suffocate us in ever growing heaps of erratic, increasingly whaaaa??? perilous goofiness.

And, of course, deranged, psychotic CTs: Michael Flynn believes "they" are plotting to put the vaccine into salad dressing. (I mean, do MAGAts even eat any non-meat foods? BBQ sauce would make more sense.)
Wasn’t this Trump’s “flood the zone” tactic often cited when he was in office? I’ve wondered if that was really a thing, since he’s so incompetent. I’d guess “mainstream” media just misses the clicks and posts all RW zany thoughts.

Edit: Eh fuck, a previous quote from RunsForFun got mixed in with the other and I can’t get rid of it. This software can be brutally annoying.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2