🤦‍♀️
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1442441253774299139/

giphy.gif

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Athlete's concern is the 1 to 5,000 risk of mild heart muscle inflammation associated with the vaccine. Ironically, the risk for the same with even asymptomatic COVID is higher than 1 in 3. Thus far more than 1 in 8 Americans tested positive for COVID. So an average American would have a 1 to 24 chance to get asymptomatic peri/myoarditis. He's gotta have 200x lower risk of catching COVID to have this single relevant vaccine complication to be on par with the risk of COVID. Which, well also comes with a million other complications.

Is there a reduction in likelihood of myocarditis for people who contract Covid but __are__ vaccinated?

U

User.45

Is there a reduction in likelihood of myocarditis for people who contract Covid but __are__ vaccinated?
I can’t find data on it. One of the issues is that the main demographic of breakthrough cases is 60 or older so even if someone is looking for this specifically it will take time to accumulate enough that are young adults.
Of note, my numbers came from military reports on the CDC website on myocarditis cases. Subsequent larger sample analysis suggest that the incidence of symptomatic cases of myocarditis is even lower, like one in 100k. To be fair, one thing to lose 10% of your heart pumping capacity transiently as an average Joe, and another do you have 10% of your performance cut off as a pro athlete.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
FFS 🤦‍♀️
FAVGUPwXMAUr0G2

“I would like an explanation to people with vaccines – why are they still getting COVID if that’s something that we are supposed to highly be protected from?” Beal said. “It’s funny that it only reduces your chances of going to the hospital. It doesn’t eliminate anybody from getting COVID. Right?”

A reporter emphasized that vaccinated people are less likely to die or be hospitalized.

“OK,” Beal said, grinning as if he perfectly set up a gotcha. “But you can still get COVID.”

As if getting hospitalized or dying is some trivial consideration.

Severe illness and death are the entire reason this pandemic is so serious. If it weren’t so harmful to people’s health, coronavirus wouldn’t be such a big deal. Other viruses have spread rampantly without being as destructive. It’s only because of those severe outcomes a positive/negative designation for coronavirus matters.

How can one not simplify things? What's worse? The results of trying to recover from Covid IF one can, or the "researched" results of what may happen to someone vaccinated?

Mo Bamba and Jayson Tatum struggled with conditioning at 22 years old​

Mohammed Bamba of the Orlando Magic and Jayson Tatum of the Boston Celtics are two NBA players who have openly discussed the long road back from Covid. Despite each recovering and showing no symptoms, they have found it hard to get their wind under them as they work themselves back into top form.

Bamba, known for his elite shot-blocking ability, was drafted No. 6 overall in 2018 to the Orlando Magic. Despite the talent he brought to Orlando, he played limited minutes and had marginal production due to the Magic’s crowded front court. Bamba was diagnosed with the virus on June 11th, 2020, but tested negative before reporting to the bubble, where he played a total of 10 minutes. Nearly six months later, he still had not fully recovered.

Leading into the 2021 NBA All-Star break, Bamba has only played 16 games for the Magic and has spent most of his time out of the rotation. Like many, his initial symptoms were loss of his senses: lack of taste and smell. He also dealt with fatigue and muscle soreness, but his conditioning has held him back though he is cleared to play.

Boston Celtics star Jayson Tatum has also had issues getting his wind under him after his return. Tatum tested positive for the virus on January 9th and returned to the floor after missing more than two weeks later that month. Tatum detailed his struggles to feel 100 percent, saying: “Just running up and down the court a few times, it’s easier to get out of breath or tired a lot faster. I’ve noticed that since I’ve had COVID. It’s just something I’m working on. It’s gotten better since the first game I played, but I still deal with it from time to time.”

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1442602460254638087/

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m hearing there’s this conspiracy theory going around that hospitals and healthcare workers are killing people to drive up COVID death numbers so they’re not going to the hospitals now. That might actually be helpful since hospitals won’t be overrun with their unvaccinated dumb asses.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m hearing there’s this conspiracy theory going around that hospitals and healthcare workers are killing people to drive up COVID death numbers so they’re not going to the hospitals now. That might actually be helpful since hospitals won’t be overrun with their unvaccinated dumb asses.
so he is depending on that most people get over covid on their own? this is the problem with covid it is way too nice. wait till he cant get it up or hurts himself he will go to a doctor then of course.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I wouldn‘t trust that guy. He might be falsely claiming to have it in order to later claim that he cured it with a mixture of eye of newt and wing of bat.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

In a twisted way, it makes perfect sense. If you're going to turn down something that can help you from getting a deadly virus, why wouldn't you then delay medical assistance for as long as humanly possible?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Another poll shows that unvaccinated people do not know how vaccines work.

Good news: about 75% of those eligible for the vaccine (16 and older) have gotten at least 1 shot. Also, the racial disparities in vaccination rates seem to have equaled out now.

Bad news: The number one indicator of vaccination status is political affiliation. 90% of Dems, 58% of Republicans, and 68% of independents. Of course, that makes me think “independent” voters are mostly Republicans trying to pretend otherwise.. there’s no other explanation I can think of for their low vaccination rate.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Bad news: The number one indicator of vaccination status is political affiliation. 90% of Dems, 58% of Republicans, and 68% of independents.

I have some good news on that front. As more and more of the other 42% die senselessly, that percentage will steadily rise.

One side reached their goal with a free shot. The other side will reach that goal through attrition.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2