COVID Stupid

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Republicans: Why is our voter turnout so low?
(Hint: they're all dead)
There is a problem with that, though. At present, we have two essentially fully entrenched parties that amount to "pick one or the other because lesser parties have no traction", but each party has a membership around 25~30% of the populace. That means that the "one or the other" major candidates are picked by a majority of those minorities, or 13~16% of the voters. If the R party gets smaller without losing traction (entirely possible in a money-driven system), the minority that chooses one of the main candidates will be an even smaller number. And the constriction of the R party will lead to an even crazier, more desperate membership.

Oh, and ICWMI, here is the nutbag list:

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Get 'em while they are still warm

A NETWORK OF health care providers pocketed millions of dollars selling hydroxychloroquine, ivermectin, and online consultations, according to hacked data provided to The Intercept. The data show that vast sums of money are being extracted from people concerned about or suffering from Covid-19 but resistant to vaccinations or other recommendations of public health authorities.

America’s Frontline Doctors, a right-wing group founded last year to promote pro-Trump doctors during the coronavirus pandemic, is working in tandem with a small network of health care companies to sow distrust in the Covid-19 vaccine, dupe tens of thousands of people into seeking ineffective treatments for the disease, and then sell consultations and millions of dollars’ worth of those medications. The data indicate patients spent at least $15 million — and potentially much more — on consultations and medications combined.

The Intercept has obtained hundreds of thousands of records from two companies, CadenceHealth.us and Ravkoo, revealing just how the lucrative operation works. America’s Frontline Doctors, or AFLDS, has been spreading highly politicized misinformation about Covid-19 since the summer of 2020 and refers its many followers to its telemedicine partner SpeakWithAnMD.com, which uses Cadence Health as a platform. People who sign up then pay $90 for a phone consultation with “AFLDS-trained physicians” who prescribe treatments such as hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin to prevent and treat Covid-19. The drugs are delivered by Ravkoo, a service that works with local pharmacies to ship drugs to patients’ doors. Of course, that’s if patients ever get the consultation; many customers told Time they never received the call after paying.

The data from the Cadence Health and Ravkoo sites was provided to The Intercept by an anonymous hacker who said the sites were “hilariously easy” to hack, despite promises of patient privacy. It was corroborated by comparing it to publicly available information. The Intercept is not publishing any individual patient data and has taken steps to secure the data. After The Intercept reached out, Cadence Health’s Roque Espinal-Valdez said he shut the platform down, not wanting any part in profiting off of Covid-19 “quackery.”

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

According to my boss, who is a Director, but not in HR, my company is allowing for medical and religious exemptions.

According to him, at this point the valid medical exceptions points you to the state's guidelines which point you to the CDC guidelines which state you can be granted an exemption if 1) you had an adverse reaction to the first shot or 2) you have adverse reactions to vaccinations. He said there used to be a third rule about immunocompromised people, but it was removed since it's not a live vaccine.

As for the religious exemptions, he mentioned a Native American tribe that doesn't believe in vaccinations. And he said you pretty much have to PROVE you're a member of that tribe. Not sure if there were other exemptions or not (it was Happy Hour, so not really a serious business discussion).

So even though we allow exemptions, they're apparently locked down pretty tight. A chiropractor's note :rolleyes: isn't going to cut it. A note from your friend pretending to be your pastor isn't going to cut it. You need to prove you qualify for a valid exemption.

I love the company I work for. ❤️

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
As for the religious exemptions, he mentioned a Native American tribe that doesn't believe in vaccinations. And he said you pretty much have to PROVE you're a member of that tribe.
I seriously want to know what religions forbid vaccines. I've seen this asked whenever mentioning religious exemptions and no one has been able to name one. This is the closest I've heard of a legitimate exemption.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
I seriously want to know what religions forbid vaccines. I've seen this asked whenever mentioning religious exemptions and no one has been able to name one. This is the closest I've heard of a legitimate exemption.

I was curious too. Here's the best article I found find. The religions that object to vaccinations seemed to be Dutch Reformed Congregations, Faith healing denominations and Christian Science people.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
YouTube (owned by Google) is cracking down on Anti-Vax content. About damned time….

175 hospital workers at North Carolina hospital are fired for COVID vaccination non compliance. 99% of the hospital staff complied. Stupid got let go.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
For those saying Covid deaths are being over reported because some people had preexisting health issues, I have some logic follow up questions.

A person who has cancer drives their car off a cliff. What was the cause of death?

A person with heart disease falls through a hole in a frozen over lake and is trapped under the ice. What was the cause of death?

Here’s a toughy for your logic train. A person refuses to get vaccinated completely based on views expressed by right wing media and politicians, gets Covid, and dies. What was the cause of death?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
For those saying Covid deaths are being over reported because some people had preexisting health issues, I have some logic follow up questions.

A person who has cancer drives their car off a cliff. What was the cause of death?

A person with heart disease falls through a hole in a frozen over lake and is trapped under the ice. What was the cause of death?

Here’s a toughy for your logic train. A person refuses to get vaccinated completely based on views expressed by right wing media and politicians, gets Covid, and dies. What was the cause of death?
Well that depends, it may concern people who died because they had something like heart disease in addition to COVID, which can be used as evidence either way (for or against vaccination) depending on if the person was vaccinated or not vaccinated.

But there are also many cases of healthy people getting deathly ill and/or dieing and the bottom line is the fact that our hospitals are abnormally full and it’s directly associated with COVID, so the seriousness of it can’t be rationalized away as for other causes. Why are our emergency rooms and ICUs full? COVID.

Answer to your last question: Deaf and blind, anti-vaxer, sheep being sheparded by evil shepards, or just plain STU-PID. I’m wondering if the mental aspects of prejudice cross a wide spectrum of life issues from racial prejudice to distrust of science or is this better described as a low level of intelligence? :unsure:

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well that depends, it may concern people who died because they had something like heart disease in addition to COVID, which can be used as evidence either way (for or against vaccination) depending on if the person was vaccinated or not vaccinated.

But there are also many cases of healthy people getting deathly ill and/or dieing and the bottom line is the fact that our hospitals are abnormally full and it’s directly associated with COVID, so the seriousness of it can’t be rationalized away as for other causes. Why are our emergency rooms and ICUs full? COVID.

Answer to your last question: Deaf and blind, anti-vaxer, sheep being sheparded by evil shepards, or just plain STU-PID. :unsure:

Honestly, I don't think preconditions should even matter as we are largely an unhealthy country and many people probably don't even bother to get regular checkups or do anything about their condition. And at the risk of sounding divisive, people on the right are probably way more unhealthy than those on the left. If the winner of the civil war was decided by a sprint race, the right would lose by a mile...literally.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think preconditions should even matter as we are largely an unhealthy country and many people probably don't even bother to get regular checkups or do anything about their condition. And at the risk of sounding divisive, people on the right are probably way more unhealthy than those on the left. If the winner of the civil war was decided by a sprint race, the right would lose by a mile...literally.
I agree and have advocated that vaccinated people should be prioritized for life threatening issues as compared to the willfully unvaccinated. Not that it makes any difference as applied to the generalization of the health of left vs right, but I know some people who fall on the side of liberal and are anti-medicine, anti-dentist ie they don’t really take care of their personal health unless there is a crisis. :) Some of this may have to do with the associated expense and ability to pay the system. :(

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1443264851359551490/

Buh... buh... freedumbs & liburty!!

Reminder

When push comes to shove in some cases the b.s. & stupidity fall away. For some it isn't really about vaccine hesitancy...

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1443271574413578243/

Still, summing up most of us...
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1443088832564367361/

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2