COVID Stupid

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
So, here's how things are going in BC, Canada (at the Health Authority that I work at - in IT) - long-term / critical care already had their dates previously, for the rest of us it boils down to: Have your first shot by Oct 26. If you don't, you're on 2 weeks unpaid leave. Still don't after that? You're terminated.

Yes, for about 97% of us we're already vaccinated, but just about every department is going to lose people because they bought into all of the conspiracy crap that's been coming out of the US.

Word is the feds are finally cutting off the CERB (UI benefit for anyone who lost their jobs due to covid) - and all of the Millennials that work in the service industry are now shocked and defiant that they're being expected to be vaccinated to work in a restaurant or bar. Not sure what rock they've been living under. :)

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
ntivax Alaska lawmaker is rushed to hospital with COVID. His fellow antivaxxers, one of them a lawmaker, spend four days harassing doctors and nurses, trying to get in hospital, pretending to have authority to make his medical decisions. He dead

GOP Pol Waged Insane Battle to Treat Dying COVID Patient With Ivermectin​

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
[Murica] Having successfully tested his scientific hypothesis of not taking a Covid-19 vaccines anti-vax, flat-Earther now has a front row seat to see from the heavens to test his hypothesis on whether or not the Earth is flat
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1448761420997435393/
Makes me wonder what it takes to be an influential flat-Earther... did he fall over the edge and climb back up onto terra firma to tell his story?

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
That is the most recent video my cousin sent me with "This is Rogan at his best!"

I really don't give a shit to know about these alternatives. If you have cancer you don't forgo getting it surgically removed because somebody said eating copious amounts of sunflower seeds gets the same result. Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn't. Maybe it only does for certain people. You go with the option that is 90%+ effective. If that fails then maybe look at other options. You don't start with the most suspect and least effective options and slowly work your way to the best proven option.
That's pretty much what Steve Jobs did. he delayed surgery for his pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor by nine months in favor of alternative therapy. Though nothing is certain, he may very well still be alive had he followed his physicians' advice.

U

User.45

That's pretty much what Steve Jobs did. he delayed surgery for his pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor by nine months in favor of alternative therapy. Though nothing is certain, he may very well still be alive had he followed his physicians' advice.
I’ve always found Jobs’ demise karmic. The same behaviors that made him insanely successful ended up causing his demise. For the vast majority of humans, this behavior is the prime preventative of success.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
No, it’s not.

That literally is what it’s used for.. deworming horses.

iu

No, it was developed for treating River Blindness in HUMANS.

So here you have a reputable news organization calling it horse dewormer. So what happens when a Dr. prescribes it for one of the conditions it is indicated for and the patient won't take it because CNN said it was for horses. 100% irresponsible reporting.

It is also used on horses. Ever hear of Ketamine? It is also used on both Humans and horses. There is a whole list of drugs that can and are used on humans, horse and other animals.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

So here you have a reputable news organization calling it horse dewormer. So what happens when a Dr. prescribes it for one of the conditions it is indicated for and the patient won't take it because CNN said it was for horses. 100% irresponsible reporting.

It is also used on horses. Ever hear of Ketamine? It is also used on both Humans and horses. There is a whole list of drugs that can and are used on humans, horse and other animals.
Now you’re moving the goalposts to “it was developed for” instead of what it’s used for.

Is it used as a horse dewormer?

Yes. So, the reporting is accurate.

It may be other things as well. They didn’t say it is NOT used for other things.

Some things we do know: it has no helpful effect if you have COVID, and can have adverse effects if taken in large doses. It’s also unlikely to be prescribed by a reputable doctor if you have COVID, so people are buying it from animal feed stores, in the dose meant for DEWORMING HORSES... it says it right on the label I posted.

Even the FDA’s website warning people not to use it for COVID has a picture of a horse on it. You are beyond ridiculous, sir. Do NOT drink any more of Tucker Carlson’s Kool-Aid.

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
Makes me wonder what it takes to be an influential flat-Earther...

Well, clearly, one must be dumb. But to be influential, you have to dumb enough to believe it, but smart enough to pass that stupidity on to others. Not every dummy has what it takes to train other dummies. If you believe the earth is flat, but also grasp elementary science at say at least the grade school or middle school level, I'd think you'd be setup perfectly to be an influencer.

If you take an average person, these people are on the dumb side of that line. So if you take the average dumb person, I believe flat earthers on still on the dumb side of that dumb line. So basically the influencers are the smartest people in the dumbest subgroup.

That's my guess. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score
So what happens when a Dr. prescribes it for one of the conditions it is indicated for and the patient won't take it because CNN said it was for horses.

That's just one more dumb patient getting advice from sources other than doctors. Taking medicine for the wrong reasons is just as bad as refusing medicine for the wrong reasons.

The problem isn't who is and isn't taking the drug. The problem is people trusting advice found on the internet over that of medical doctors.

I'm not really clear what the point is here. To me it's just another flavor of stupid.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
That's just one more dumb patient getting advice from sources other than doctors. Taking medicine for the wrong reasons is just as bad as refusing medicine for the wrong reasons.

The problem isn't who is and isn't taking the drug. The problem is people trusting advice found on the internet over that of medical doctors.

I'm not really clear what the point is here. To me it's just another flavor of stupid.
Maybe this is the point?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve always found Jobs’ demise karmic. The same behaviors that made him insanely successful ended up causing his demise. For the vast majority of humans, this behavior is the prime preventative of success.

If only Jobs had access to Joe Rogan and his small unit of contrarian doctors.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Now you’re moving the goalposts to “it was developed for” instead of what it’s used for.

It may be other things as well. They didn’t say it is NOT used for other things.

Well, it is currently being used on Afghani refugees entering the US. So it is being used for what it was developed for. Goal posts moved back.

And yes, it is also used as a horse dewormer.

Even CNN's own Dr. Gupta said CNN probably shouldn't have said it was horse dewormer.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

This whole situation is making me realize the power of pharmaceutical ads. If I have an issue with something I know nothing about I'm going to go to an expert and get their advice. Apparently, a scary amount of people think their television is the expert. I'd want to punch myself in the face if I ever went to an expert with "So I saw on TV....."

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Well, it is currently being used on Afghani refugees entering the US. So it is being used for what it was developed for. Goal posts moved back.

And yes, it is also used as a horse dewormer.

Even CNN's own Dr. Gupta said CNN probably shouldn't have said it was horse dewormer.
It is a horse dewormer. It doesn’t treat COVID. I don’t give a shit what Don Lemon or Joe Rogan say. Facts are facts, and Joe Rogan can have his stupid crybaby “waaah people accused me of eating horse medicine” moment if he wants. Who cares? Dude eat a whole tube of the stuff if you want. Hope it goes well for you.

U

User.45

Some things we do know: it has no helpful effect if you have COVID, and can have adverse effects if taken in large doses. It’s also unlikely to be prescribed by a reputable doctor if you have COVID, so people are buying it from animal feed stores, in the dose meant for DEWORMING HORSES... it says it right on the label I posted.

Even the FDA’s website warning people not to use it for COVID has a picture of a horse on it. You are beyond ridiculous, sir. Do NOT drink any more of Tucker Carlson’s Kool-Aid.

The only context this drug ever came up since my medschool pharmacology classes was de-licing (not me, I’m bald, LOL).

I made my stance on this before, RW nuts really doing a disservice to the drug repurposing movement, which is a dirty shame…

@Herdfan where are your promised responses? You’ve posted enough over here to cover the effort you promised to make to have an actual 2-way conversation. Also, did you read what river blindness is?

Top Bottom
1 2