COVID Stupid

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
man. itsgoign to be hard to get another job now.

Anti-masker New York realtor is fired after filming himself chasing young children and accusing their parents of abusing them for forcing them to wear masks​

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Texas Hold my beer again​

The Pharmacies Giving Ivermectin To People Bamboozled By Right-Wing Misinformation​

When you visit the “COVID-19 Info” page on Austin Compounding Pharmacy’s website, it tells you in no uncertain terms that “taking Ivermectin once a week will decrease your risk of infection and reduce the severity if you do contract COVID-19.” There is no evidence that is true.
The Texas pharmacy also has a special order form that lists 10 COVID-19 medications, none of which has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration to treat or prevent the disease. Ivermectin is at the top, followed by hydroxychloroquine (which has been proved to be ineffective against COVID), and a list of non-prescription items to create your own “Corona Six Pack.” The choices include zinc, melatonin and a pulse oximeter because, according to the form, “Oxygen saturation is important.”

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score

Texas Hold my beer again​

The Pharmacies Giving Ivermectin To People Bamboozled By Right-Wing Misinformation​

When you visit the “COVID-19 Info” page on Austin Compounding Pharmacy’s website, it tells you in no uncertain terms that “taking Ivermectin once a week will decrease your risk of infection and reduce the severity if you do contract COVID-19.” There is no evidence that is true.
The Texas pharmacy also has a special order form that lists 10 COVID-19 medications, none of which has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration to treat or prevent the disease. Ivermectin is at the top, followed by hydroxychloroquine (which has been proved to be ineffective against COVID), and a list of non-prescription items to create your own “Corona Six Pack.” The choices include zinc, melatonin and a pulse oximeter because, according to the form, “Oxygen saturation is important.”

It's past time for profiteers off covid-19 misinfo to land in the slam. Federal agencies and AGs of some states are still turning a blind eye.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Anyone here still knowingly hanging out with people who choose not to vaccinate? There seems to be a couple of trains of thought here, if you're vaccinated you should be protected but is it worth risking a breakthrough? To me, there is absolutely no way I'll do it.

It's one thing to pass them wearing masks in a store or whatever but to actively visit in closed quarters (and most antivaxxers are anti maskers as well) is out of the question. Not only that, I feel divided with these people and can't see this as anything other than a selfish act on their part.

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
Anyone here still knowingly hanging out with people who choose not to vaccinate? There seems to be a couple of trains of thought here, if you're vaccinated you should be protected but is it worth risking a breakthrough? To me, there is absolutely no way I'll do it.

It's one thing to pass them wearing masks in a store or whatever but to actively visit in closed quarters (and most antivaxxers are anti maskers as well) is out of the question. Not only that, I feel divided with these people and can't see this as anything other than a selfish act on their part.
Nope. To be fair, the only one I know about is my elderly neighbor, and me avoiding her as much as possible predates the vaccine…

That said, I would absolutely refrain from knowingly hanging out with people who choose not to vaccinate. Not worth the risk, and I probably wouldn’t enjoy the company anyway.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's past time for profiteers off covid-19 misinfo to land in the slam. Federal agencies and AGs of some states are still turning a blind eye.
I’m counting on them ignoring my Covid-protection crystals, available soon. Buying some ad space on Newsmax and Fox & Friends should set me up for early retirement. That’s the stupidest demographic. I recommend the red one, never been sick with it on my nightstand.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Let's say I sketch up a trial concept and apply for NIH funding. Even though there's at least 5 years worth of bench and 3 years of clinical data generated in my institution [i.e., the basic science and clinical feasibility are both there], I suspect it would impact the score my grant would get.

How much junk has made it through to publication in these areas?

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It’s why I won’t see the in-laws (again) this holiday season. We’ve had 3 jabs each and none of them have had one.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score

I try to maintain a wider social circle, but this pandemic really showed people's true colors. Those who were fiscal conservatives, or maybe thought about guns differently, still got vaccinated because they understood the virus was real, and they had a duty to protect their loved ones.

The one person who tried to "woowoo" her way through this, turned out to be a narcissistic asshat. She got COVID, and suffered for weeks, but now she's fine and has become increasingly insufferable. I try to be forgiving, but I muted her on Facebook for 30 days because I was done with her shit.

Will I hang out with her? Sure, our kids are friends, and I like her husband. But, if she wants to talk about COVID-19, we're getting into a knock-down argument.

U

User.45

How much junk has made it through to publication in these areas?
On Ivermectin and COVID, not that much. Some of the shit never survived peer review, but had been cited from preprint servers....

The issue with repurposing is that it's easy to run a database and identify candidate drugs for certain indications.
Running adequate clinical trials to test these hypotheses takes special expertise (and infrastructure), that is much harder to come by than people who can do literature reviews. That's generally been the issue with HCQ or IVER, people equate low quality evidence as proof.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I try to maintain a wider social circle, but this pandemic really showed people's true colors. Those who were fiscal conservatives, or maybe thought about guns differently, still got vaccinated because they understood the virus was real, and they had a duty to protect their loved ones.

The one person who tried to "woowoo" her way through this, turned out to be a narcissistic asshat. She got COVID, and suffered for weeks, but now she's fine and has become increasingly insufferable. I try to be forgiving, but I muted her on Facebook for 30 days because I was done with her shit.

Will I hang out with her? Sure, our kids are friends, and I like her husband. But, if she wants to talk about COVID-19, we're getting into a knock-down argument.
Yeah, we babysat the dog for our friends who refuse to vaccinate (at least last we heard) and we just did the exchange outside when the dropped her off and picked her up. There is no way anyone who refuses this thing will ever step foot into my house, nor I theirs.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, we babysat the dog for our friends who refuse to vaccinate (at least last we heard) and we just did the exchange outside when the dropped her off and picked her up. There is no way anyone who refuses this thing will ever step foot into my house, nor I theirs.

At this point, it's not really a fear of getting sick. It's just that there's a lack of common values that's been exposed.

I believe in subjective reality, and in duty and even sacrifice, to one's family and friends, and the place we live. People who refused to take the vaccine fail one or both of these two tests. We just don't share values any longer, and I'm not interested in hanging out with people who don't share values.

Top Bottom
1 2