Cuomo should be held to the same standards as Trump

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Not familiar with NY law. If he loses a civil suit, who pays? Him, or you the taxpayer.

Cuomo has more than civil suits to be concerned about. At least one criminal complaint investigation will continue, per Albany sheriff, although apparently it would involve misdemeanor plea / conviction if the case is not dismissed.

lizkat

Reaction score
After fighting it for so long, why did he decide to resign now?

Loss of support. The guy can count votes. He was going to be impeached. His aides were jumping ship.

This way he can focus on beating back the charges in any criminal complaints and otherwise on moving to find something else to do with his life.

How could he govern with an impeachment locking up the attention of the legislature anyway?

Cuomo is not Trump, i.e. the Democrats in Albany are definitely not go-alongs like Mitch McConnell or guys like "Gym" Jordan. They are not in thrall to him. Of course neither are the Albany Republicans. Plus on that score the gun control achievements still rankle the Republicans, so even any good ol' boys among the GOP state legislators --regarding harassment of women-- would never cut Cuomo any slack now when he's down for the count in his own party anyway.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
A shitty, gaslighting spiel before resignation. I wouldn't put it past him to try some devious moves in the next two weeks. His walk of shame should happen immediately, not in 14 days.

And thanks to his egotistical maneuvering in the past, we will have a blue dog small "d" democrat that will be in over her head. I have absolutely no confidence in Hochul. She'll be 1st woman to serve as Governor in New York State. So she has that.

While it was speculated that AG Tish James wasn't interested in the job, I do wonder if she'll reconsider for 2022. If I were her, I'd wouldn't worry that some see her as the hatchet wielder that finally did in the Cuomo Clan. He did himself in with his vindictiveness, chicanery and supersized ego. Poor Andy will land on his feet eventually.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Stepping down in 14 days? Is that to facilitate the transition or to leverage some power before it’s too late?
"And then they wanted Republicans to hold Gaetz and Trump to the same standard"

bf5c7.jpg

lizkat

Reaction score
I think I figured out why he needs the 14 days. He’s been living in the governor’s mansion for years. He does not own a home he can move to!

Yeah and so he never heard of public storage?

As for lodgings, well... cue archived ads with Tom Bodett's "Motel 6 is keeping the light on for you."

Cuomo has Kennedy ex-in-laws but they may not have retained kind thoughts of him since his divorce in 2005.

One may well wonder, despite it not being any of our business, if any of his own or extended family or former in-laws took it upon themselves to warn Cuomo privately whenever one of his unwanted encounters with women came to their attention.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I think I figured out why he needs the 14 days. He’s been living in the governor’s mansion for years. He does not own a home he can move to!
He's a multimillionaire with connections, he'll be alright. He's had 5+ months to prepare for this given all that he knew was out there and/or what was about to be aired.

And with the misguided sympathy he's garnering, he'll parlay that into some golden opportunity.

U

User.45

He's a multimillionaire with connections, he'll be alright. He's had 5+ months to prepare for this given all that he knew was out there and/or what was about to be aired.

And with the misguided sympathy he's garnering, he'll parlay that into some golden opportunity.
In part I agree, in part looking at these allegations and my impressions are:

1) He's definitely a pig and this style shall not be tolerated in the 21st century.
2) Good luck prosecuting most of this

Some of this really makes your blood boil:
Executive Assistant #1.2 Since approximately late 2019, the Governor engaged in a pattern of inappropriate conduct with an executive assistant (“Executive Assistant #1”), who is a woman. That pattern of conduct included: (1) close and intimate hugs; (2) kisses on the cheeks, forehead, and at least one kiss on the lips; (3) touching and grabbing of Executive Assistant #1’s butt during hugs and, on one occasion, while taking selfies with him; and (4) comments and jokes by the Governor about Executive Assistant #1’s personal life and relationships, including calling her and another assistant “mingle mamas,”3 inquiring multiple times about whether she had cheated or would cheat on her husband, and asking her to help find him a girlfriend. These offensive interactions, among others, culminated in an incident at the Executive Mansion in November 2020 when the Governor, during another close hug with
Executive Assistant #1, reached under her blouse and grabbed her breast. For over three months, Executive Assistant #1 kept this groping incident to herself and planned to take it “to the grave,”4 but found herself becoming emotional (in a way that was visible to her colleagues in the Executive Chamber) while watching the Governor state, at a press conference on March 3, 2021, that he had never “touched anyone inappropriately.”5 She then confided in certain of her colleagues, who in turn reported her allegations to senior staff in the Executive Chamber.

Trooper #1. In early November 2017, the Governor briefly met a New York State Trooper (“Trooper #1”), a woman, at an event on the Robert F. Kennedy Bridge (the “RFK Bridge,” also known as the Triborough Bridge). After meeting Trooper #1, he spoke with a senior member of his protective detail (“Senior Investigator #1”) about seeking to have Trooper #1 join the Protective Services Unit (“PSU”), the unit of the New York State Police that is in charge of protecting the Governor and works in close vicinity of the Governor. Trooper #1 was then hired into the PSU, despite not meeting the requirement to have at least three years of State Police service to join the PSU. In an email to Trooper #1 shortly after the RFK Bridge event, Senior Investigator #1 noted, attaching a vacancy notice with a two-year service requirement (as opposed to three years), “Ha ha they changed the minimum from 3 years to 2. Just for you.”6
After Trooper #1 joined the PSU, the Governor sexually harassed her on a number of occasions, including by: (1) running his hand across her stomach, from her belly button to her right hip, while she held a door open for him at an event; (2) running his finger down her back, from the top of her neck down her spine to the middle of her back, saying “hey, you,”7 while she was standing in front of him in an elevator;
(3) kissing her (and only her) on the cheek in front of another Trooper and asking to kiss her on another occasion, which she deflected; and (4) making sexually suggestive and gender-based comments, including (a) asking her to help him find a girlfriend and describing his criteria for a girlfriend as someone who “[c]an handle pain,”8 (b) asking her why she wanted to get married when marriage means “your sex drive goes down,”9 and (c) asking her why she did not wear a dress. Trooper #1 found these interactions with the Governor not only offensive and uncomfortable, but markedly different from the way the Governor interacted with members of the PSU who were men, and she conveyed these incidents contemporaneously to colleagues. Several other PSU Troopers corroborated Trooper #1’s allegations, including some

But they also included some that come off petty:
  • State Entity Employee #2. On March 17, 2020, a then-Director at New York State’s Department of Health (“State Entity Employee #2”), who is also a doctor, participated in a press conference with the Governor, during which she performed a live COVID- 19 nasal swab test on the Governor. As they were preparing for the press conference (outside the presence of the press), the Governor requested that State Entity Employee #2 not put the swab up his nose “so deep that you hit my brain.”27 State Entity Employee #2 replied that she would be “gentle but accurate”28 in conducting the swab test, to which the Governor responded, “[G]entle but accurate, I’ve heard that before.”29 State Entity Employee #2 felt that the Governor intended to convey a “joke of an implied sexual nature.”30
People (men and women) say stuff like this all the time when they are nervous before a medical procedure.

• Then, at the press conference, in front of the press and cameras, the Governor stated, “Nice to see you, Doctor—you make that gown look good.”31 State Entity Employee #2 found the Governor’s comments offensive and that they would not have been made to an accomplished physician who was a man.
As a (not necessarily accomplished) "physician who is a man", I got compliments like this from both men (and sadly fewer) women before.

------
The issue is, the concerns raised here are legitimate, just like with the COVID data manipulation scandal. Yet both of these reports seem to be WILDLY misrepresented by the media.

Report here:

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
2) Good luck prosecuting most of this
He'll probably skirt charges because at most they're misdemeanors and prosecutors don't want to waste resources. I hope that won't be the case, but no one wants to lose a tough case against a high profile, well resourced defendant.

If there is hard evidence WRT the book shenanigans, there may be a glimmer of hope with a plea, but again, no one will be prepping for a case with so many pitfalls for conviction.

Lastly, I envision settlements for civil suits with ironclad NDAs at the conclusion.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Wonder if there will be any more come out after he resigns/leaves office. There may be a few that are stilled scared of him and won't come forward until he can no longer do anything to them.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
At least no one accused Andrew Cuomo of having a dirty name

His last name is also the name of an ISP. I have made similar jokes relating their name to what I think of their service.

Top Bottom
1 2