Prosecute Donald Trump to the full extent of the law

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'd like to see New York City be given control of trump tower and convert it to housing for people with low/no income. And have awarded money damages be used to administer and maintain the property.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
and they should keep the name, except, change the first letter in the second word to an "L"

I was thinking of changing the name to Stump Tower. I don't know why I find that amusing.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Today I learned that Judge Chutkan, who'll be presiding over trump's federal election subversion trial, emigrated from Jamaica. That makes me smile knowing that'll probably give trump a serious case of the shakes.

Lots of powerful women of color are ripping "tough guy" Trump a new orange asshole.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Biden is hitting Trump hard again with another democracy speech. CRYSTAL CLEAR and concise. Again, there's no comparison. None at all. Biden is fine, Trump is not.

I'd wager for those who count gaffes, Trump is probably besting Biden as of late - Trump has claimed to have defeated Biden, Clinton, Obama and Bush in the last couple of weeks. Actually won elections, not defeated their ideology or something along those lines. Claimed he beat them in an election. He kinda beat one of those three....

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Quote from an Above the Law article.

Donald Trump is so overwhelmed with legal problems that he hardly has time to shitpost about all his pending court cases. Yesterday, he was so busy calling New York Attorney General Letitia James “racist” and Justice Arthur Engoron a “communist” that he didn’t get around to spewing bile at “radical” Judge Tanya Chutkan, or “deranged” Special Counsel Jack Smith, or even Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis, who is also “racist,” if you can even believe it.

🤣

I’m sure Trump is relieved the writers strike is over. His material is really getting predictable and stale.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Biden is hitting Trump hard again with another democracy speech. CRYSTAL CLEAR and concise. Again, there's no comparison. None at all. Biden is fine, Trump is not.

I'd wager for those who count gaffes, Trump is probably besting Biden as of late - Trump has claimed to have defeated Biden, Clinton, Obama and Bush in the last couple of weeks. Actually won elections, not defeated their ideology or something along those lines. Claimed he beat them in an election. He kinda beat one of those three....
I wouldn’t count them as gaffes - they’re lies that are mostly intentional and are accepted as truth by his supporters. Their unquestioning belief is the hallmark of a cult.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
1696261051737.png

asking the lawyers on here, is this malice disguised as incompetence, like there’s no way they’re that stupid, or, no I’ve met plenty of lawyers who really were that bad at their jobs and it’s unsurprising that’s the type who would agree to represent Trump at this point?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
View attachment 26286
asking the lawyers on here, is this malice disguised as incompetence, like there’s no way they’re that stupid, or, no I’ve met plenty of lawyers who really were that bad at their jobs and it’s unsurprising that’s the type who would agree to represent Trump at this point?

Trump got wind that the jury pool was rigged by the deep state and would consist of 12 Rosie O'Donnells.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

You always ask for a jury trial, as a matter of course, even if, in the end, you waive it. Every template that you copy and paste from has the prayer for jury trial on it. So it is most likely the case that they made a strategic decision early on not to request a jury trial. Honestly, I probably would have gone for a bench trial, given a client who is very polarizing and not much liked in the jurisdiction. The theory being that a judge will give him a fair shake. What they might not have counted on is the client ignoring their advice and saying crazy things about the judge in public…. Even so, most judges I know would put all that aside and try to rule fairly.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
Trump got wind that the jury pool was rigged by the deep state and would consist of 12 Rosie O'Donnells.
There are some who think that may have been the thinking, a NY jury would be entirely unsympathetic and they can try to claim judicial bias in an appeal:

1696282086748.png

You always ask for a jury trial, as a matter of course, even if, in the end, you waive it. Every template that you copy and paste from has the prayer for jury trial on it. So it is most likely the case that they made a strategic decision early on not to request a jury trial. Honestly, I probably would have gone for a bench trial, given a client who is very polarizing and not much liked in the jurisdiction. The theory being that a judge will give him a fair shake. What they might not have counted on is the client ignoring their advice and saying crazy things about the judge in public…. Even so, most judges I know would put all that aside and try to rule fairly.

If it wasn’t just a giant screwup, that does appear to be the thinking along with trying a “the judge was biased” argument on appeal.

Having said that this guy’s sources say it was a fuckup. So 🤷‍♂️

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
There are some who think that may have been the thinking, a NY jury would be entirely unsympathetic and they can try to claim judicial bias in an appeal:

View attachment 26296

If it wasn’t just a giant screwup, that does appear to be the thinking along with trying a “the judge was biased” argument on appeal.

He’s determined the only court case he could possibly win is the court of public opinion. It’s a lot easier to shout “corrupt judge!” out his bullshit cannon while also knowing a good percentage of his supporters aren’t going to research anything outside his bullshit.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

I’m quite confident they weren’t thinking about “judicial bias” appeal when they made the decision. No lawyer would ever expect to win a judicial bias appeal without some sort of evidence a lot stronger than “he ruled against me and disagrees with me politically.” I can’t remember any civil case where an appeal based on judicial bias was successful, though I suppose that must happen once in awhile. And a judge’s findings of fact are given great deference at the appeal level (as opposed to his/her findings of law), so you would never pick a bench trial over a jury trial with the idea that it would be easier to overturn on appeal.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Wow, watching Fatty Dumb Dumb rant with the backdrop of a courthouse was cool to see. He’s losing his mind and his lawyers aren’t all that better at their job than he is.

No repercussions for decades, then everything all at once! The tapes of testimony are great, just a bunch of privileged jackoffs who have no defense! Everything is “I don’t recall”, “I don’t know how that works”, etc. And people in the room say Trump is clearly perturbed but - being in court - can’t do anything about it except wait until court breaks and then run out and lie to his dumb followers. His only defense is “I did nothing wrong”, which is not a defense at all. Imagine if we let everyone off whose defense was “I did nothing wrong”.

It’s going to be worse for him in criminal court, where he has to be present - not just for show - and the consequences more dire, even if he’s too egotistical to understand this trial is small in comparison.

dada_dave

Elite Member
Reaction score
I’m quite confident they weren’t thinking about “judicial bias” appeal when they made the decision. No lawyer would ever expect to win a judicial bias appeal without some sort of evidence a lot stronger than “he ruled against me and disagrees with me politically.” I can’t remember any civil case where an appeal based on judicial bias was successful, though I suppose that must happen once in awhile. And a judge’s findings of fact are given great deference at the appeal level (as opposed to his/her findings of law), so you would never pick a bench trial over a jury trial with the idea that it would be easier to overturn on appeal.
That makes sense.

Top Bottom
1 2