Don't cook chicken in NyQuil: FDA warns about dangerous social media challenges

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Heard this recipe was found on Hunter Biden's laptop.

I heard Hunter Biden has a laptop in his laptop.

C70D974B-E7F5-407F-A952-437ACA7DEB23.jpeg

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
I heard Hunter Biden has a laptop in his laptop.

I wouldn't laugh at that. Laptops in laptops are actually a thing these days.

So here's what I think all this comes down to. Did the media try to bury the laptop story for the election? It's very possible, though the nature of it's discovery makes it understandable why they'd look at it, and turn away. Now that we know it's real, and it's being currently investigated, is it unfair to the Biden's? No, it's not. They're in positions of power, and if they're going to use their position to play fast and loose with the laws of the land, they should be held accountable for it.

...though given the way things are in the world today, if it isn't found that Hunter Biden was hired by Satan himself to eat babies for the greater good of Communist China, people are gonna be screaming conspiracy and coverup.

When everything's said and done, I doubt anyone will really care all that much if he's found guilty of something. No one's going to be screaming it's a deep state smear campaign against them, or start threatening the lives of FBI agents because they're investigating their favorite politician. No one's really that attached to the Biden's. They're no one's saviors, the one chosen by God to lead our great nation towards the shining light of prosperity. Joe Biden is merely the safe alternative to the clusterfuck that is Donald J. Trump. No less. No more.

And that makes all the difference in the world. Why the scare quote "left" cannot be compared to the scare quote "right." I'll take a crackhead tax evader to the conspiracy theory cottage industry that is the Trump presidency. No one's gonna kill anyone in Biden's name. If I have no choice but moderate corruption vs. a maelstrom of aimless anger and madness, I'll choose that lesser evil. I won't be happy about it, but I'm cognizant of the fact that the alternative is so much worse.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I wouldn't laugh at that. Laptops in laptops are actually a thing these days.

So here's what I think all this comes down to. Did the media try to bury the laptop story for the election? It's very possible, though the nature of it's discovery makes it understandable why they'd look at it, and turn away. Now that we know it's real, and it's being currently investigated, is it unfair to the Biden's? No, it's not. They're in positions of power, and if they're going to use their position to play fast and loose with the laws of the land, they should be held accountable for it.

...though given the way things are in the world today, if it isn't found that Hunter Biden was hired by Satan himself to eat babies for the greater good of Communist China, people are gonna be screaming conspiracy and coverup.

When everything's said and done, I doubt anyone will really care all that much if he's found guilty of something. No one's going to be screaming it's a deep state smear campaign against them, or start threatening the lives of FBI agents because they're investigating their favorite politician. No one's really that attached to the Biden's. They're no one's saviors, the one chosen by God to lead our great nation towards the shining light of prosperity. Joe Biden is merely the safe alternative to the clusterfuck that is Donald J. Trump. No less. No more.

And that makes all the difference in the world. Why the scare quote "left" cannot be compared to the scare quote "right." I'll take a crackhead tax evader to the conspiracy theory cottage industry that is the Trump presidency. No one's gonna kill anyone in Biden's name. If I have no choice but moderate corruption vs. a maelstrom of aimless anger and madness, I'll choose that lesser evil. I won't be happy about it, but I'm cognizant of the fact that the alternative is so much worse.

I’m sure there is something to his laptop, but given who is the most outraged it’s a little like El Chapo demanding he be released from prison because e-cigarette companies market to kids. Not all crimes and criminals (or elite advantages and abuse) are the same level.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
On-topic: Most versions of NyQuil contain acetaminophen, and because its such a popular over the counter medication, many people are unaware its a very dangerous drug to overdose on, as it can damage or destroy your liver. Liver failure is a horrible way to go. These "games" are stupid and you have to remember - lots of kids are stupid and will do stupid things. Luckily, when I was coming up, "stupid" things were Indian burns and titty twisters. Its this kind of stuff that really makes me lament the online world.

Now, an off-topic rant about the LAPTOP FROM HELL!!!!
TL,DR: If Hunter committed a crime, indict and convict him. Who cares? But the outrage only reveals the hypocrisy of Trump supporters - it's the classic jaywalker vs. murderer comparison.

You know, if Hunter Biden's laptop is such a silver bullet, then why wasn't it delivered directly to law enforcement? Hunter Biden is under investigation - while I like Joe Biden, I have no vested interest in Hunter Biden. If he's guilty, let him suffer the consequences. But I won't be drawn into republican sycophants way of thinking. I don't care if Hunter Biden got paid for work he wasn't qualified for. How many people like that has everyone here worked with in the past? It happens. It's not criminal in and of itself. I don't care if he got money from China or wherever else. So does the Trump family. I don't care if he makes money merely because of his last name. You really think Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner got White House jobs because of their vast expertise?

Like, what are the actual crimes he's being accused of, based on the laptop? Nepotism? That's a losing argument.

Are there financial crimes? If so, like I said - try and convict him.

But the laptop was shifted amongst the hands of people with a clear vendetta. And given what we know about Russian disinformation, the Trump team willing to get impeached to dig up dirt on opponents and the timing of the story made it all highly suspicious.

I could keep going, but it seems to me the republicans want to send Hunter Biden to prison because he used his family name and made (and spent) a lot of money, and did coke and slept with hookers. Given Trump's history, the only thing Hunter Biden may have on Trump is drug use. Because when it comes to shady deals, nepotism and lying.... wow, it's not even close.

This is the Trump paradox - republicans are enraged about the same things that Trump has done far more of, but not at all upset at Trump. Many of them will defend to the end Trump's actions, regardless of what they are. I don't see that many people defending Hunter Biden, but like myself, seem more confused at why such outrage is directed at someone who maybe did some uncouth or possibly illegal things, but have no problem at all when Trump does them in a far more sinister, obvious manner.

Hillary sets up a private email server - and people were outraged at the fact sensitive material could have been at risk. "Oh my god, our national security! Treason!" (I don't want to say it wasn't irresponsible, but facts are facts, and she was investigated and it was deemed careless but not criminal).

Trump takes actual documents home - purposefully and willfully, then hides them from the DoJ and lies about it - and the only thing coming from the right is "The FBI planted evidence" and "Trump had absolute right to declassify anything he wanted, without reason or thought given to national security - so what's the big deal?"

Rudy Giuliani, a president who seems incapable of telling the truth, who was impeached for trying to dig up dirt on the Biden family, the story dropping right around election time, and the Trump crime ring who were willing to accept help from Russia - a hostile foreign government - yeah, you'll have to excuse some of us for not taking the words of right-wing lunatics at face value. It's a prime example of the boy who cried wolf... lie and make shit up long enough, and people won't believe you when you're telling the truth.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It's not so much whether there is something on his laptop as much as it's the ONLY time you hear Republicans complain about wrongdoing, while sitting idly by as Trump and his family of mobsters fuck both the country and the law at every corner.

If they want to be taken seriously, they need to look at things equally. If we had members here challenging both sides equally, I would consider their argument as at least they're not choosing a side. When only one side is your agenda (no matter which side) it's simply partisan bullshit.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
It's not so much whether there is something on his laptop as much as it's the ONLY time you hear Republicans complain about wrongdoing, while sitting idly by as Trump and his family of mobsters fuck both the country and the law at every corner.

If they want to be taken seriously, they need to look at things equally. If we had members here challenging both sides equally, I would consider their argument as at least they're not choosing a side. When only one side is your agenda (no matter which side) it's simply partisan bullshit.
I use Hunter Biden's laptop as an indicator of how much the GQP doesn't like what is happening with Trump.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
It's not so much whether there is something on his laptop as much as it's the ONLY time you hear Republicans complain about wrongdoing...
Umm...you're forgetting about Hillary's emails and the pizza shops that were the fronts for the Dem's baby trafficking network, so they could all eat babies. Because, you know, all Dem's are evil bastages...

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Umm...you're forgetting about Hillary's emails and the pizza shops that were the fronts for the Dem's baby trafficking network, so they could all eat babies. Because, you know, all Dem's are evil bastages...

I've started reading a book titled Meme Wars: The Untold Story of the Online Battles Upending Democracy in America. I'd actually forgotten about some of the bizarre crap that people have managed to make go viral on social media... thank the neuro-gods of transient memory attachment.

Can only hope I will also forget most of it again just as quickly now on the second time around. o_O

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
And if it did come from China, what then? It's not illegal to make business deals that originate from the country that's currently at the top of our Most Favored Nation list.

No it's not.

But it is if you are getting the deal because of who your father is and if he used his influence to make it happen and/or took a cut.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
No it's not.

But it is if you are getting the deal because of who your father is and if he used his influence to make it happen and/or took a cut.

Nepotism and leveraging your name aren't illegal. If it were, the Trump's would all be in jail as we speak.

That's the worst thing about this. Yeah, you could point out that the Biden's did this, that, or the other, and you'd have a point, if it weren't for the inconvenient fact that Trump did far worse right out in the open, and no one said a goddamn thing about it.

Should we lambaste Hunter Biden for making bank leveraging his father's name, when Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner were given positions in the White House they weren't anywhere near qualified to hold, and made hundreds of millions of dollars off of?

Should we complain about Biden's speech potentially alienating potential republican voters when Trump has Ted Nugent up on stage during his rallies, talking about how democrats should be shot and killed like rabid dogs?

It's like everything the Biden's are accused of, the Trump's have already done, and done it ten times worse.

WHY IS OUR OUTRAGE SO CONDITIONAL?

Top Bottom
1 2