Electric Vehicles: General topics

throAU

Site Champ
Reaction score
yeah not keen on a trailer. it’s just more space; there’s only the two of us and no plans for kids

the ev selection here in australia is still pretty limited too. maybe need to wait for some other stuff to hit the market. but damn. the figures look like a no brainer if emotions are taken out of it.

and yeah the bikes are super sports or dirt. heaviest bike would be well under 450lb wet

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
That's dedication.

bccej42spgp81.jpeg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
yeah not keen on a trailer. it’s just more space; there’s only the two of us and no plans for kids

the ev selection here in australia is still pretty limited too. maybe need to wait for some other stuff to hit the market. but damn. the figures look like a no brainer if emotions are taken out of it.

and yeah the bikes are super sports or dirt. heaviest bike would be well under 450lb wet

Yeah, a trailer is sort of its own set of issues (plus storage when it's not in use). I definitely get that, I was considering a little utility trailer for a while, but it would just be in the way 90% of the time.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Have you seen the garages when they paint (or maybe it's vinyl) a Supercharger around their charger, hahaha, wow, that's serious commitment :D

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Oh, that's not too bad, especially in the current market with months of delays on new vehicles.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Reaction score
Oh, that's not too bad, especially in the current market with months of delays on new vehicles.
Agreed. But still feels like a long time away! Especially every time I’m at the petrol pump feeding the Golf another £100.

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score

I don't get this. At the LA Natural History Museum - they offer free charging and 5-6 (from what I could see) charging stations - nice level 2 chargers. Of course, saw one of the few electrical charging spots available taken by an F250. There were spots elsewhere so this had to be an intentional choice to park as they were well marked.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I don't get this. At the LA Natural History Museum - they offer free charging and 5-6 (from what I could see) charging stations - nice level 2 chargers. Of course, saw one of the few electrical charging spots available taken by an F250. There were spots elsewhere so this had to be an intentional choice to park as they were well marked.
I think there are a couple of factors at play, first is if it's public parking they can't really prevent them from being used by anyone. The other is that people who drive these large trucks tend to be total assholes with a sense of entitlement and a chip on their shoulders, throw in the fact that it costs them $5 just to cross the street and they're also pissed at those of us who don't have to pay for gas.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
That Model Y in that pic, needs a hitch and a couple of tow straps. I bet with its torque and AWD it could pull some of those fuckers out of their spots :D

BigMcGuire

Old Trekkie
Site Donor
Reaction score
I've got nothing against pickups. I do think they look great. I grew up wanting one for most of my life... the first vehicle I ever drove was a farm F150 as a kid. Never could afford one and the one time I got to drive a Nissan Titan 5.6 as a rental-car when my own car was rear ended, I was floored how much it cost to keep that thing driving (easily 2-3x as much as my Chevy Cobalt) despite trying my best to drive conservatively. Sure sounded nice when I passed people tho. Love the sound of a good V8.

Always figured if there was a massive earthquake in LA, only the pickups would be able to get around.

As much as I understand the pissed factor, good grief. My wife and I are on the Tesla subreddits and definitely seems like Tesla hate is a rising thing (at least it appears that way). We lucked out getting our used Tesla for what we did - same used Teslas are going for $20k more now (basically same price as new) on Tesla.com.

I guess there's ***holes everywhere. Queue Space Balls quote. lol.

Top Bottom
1 2