Electric Vehicles: Tesla specific talk, current firmware, purchasing, modifications

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
It has a web interface too which is super nice, it just fills in - for me - a bunch of additional features, functionality, that really improve my experience with my Model 3 :) Call it my "hobby" since I don't golf :D
How would you compare it to TeslaFi?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
How would you compare it to TeslaFi?

I don't have much experience with TeslaFi, but with my brief use, it appeared to have more extensive analytics, better data fidelity, it's more of an analytic tool - where Tessie has some of that (and continues to add it), but the developer seems more focused on the App (and Watch) experience, and supporting automations, notifications, etc. Like notify me if I come home and the charge is below 30% and I did not plug-in.

The dev (James) is on TMC and they're very receptive to feature ideas, feedback, explaining their roadmap, which is cool.

I also use TeslaScope, which I think is a bit more like TeslaFi, but still not quite as much data. It has a pay option as well, but I just use the free version, I mostly use it to participate in the fleet software tracking.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
So Tesla is raising the price of FSD to $15k? That seems insane to me. For $15k I could just buy a shit-ton of Uber rides and let a human drive me around.

What's more insane is only 100,000K are using it (out of millions), most will never qualify with their stringent rules and the language around it is so convoluted that many don't realize how it actually works, so much so that the NTSB is taking action. Anyone paying for this is being duped and may as well flush their money down the toilet.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
What's more insane is only 100,000K are using it (out of millions), most will never qualify with their stringent rules and the language around it is so convoluted that many don't realize how it actually works, so much so that the NTSB is taking action. Anyone paying for this is being duped and may as well flush their money down the toilet.
I wonder if he keeps raising the price in order to convince people NOT to buy it, because he knows it will never work.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'll swear he's just trying to make it so that nobody will buy it, no one will qualify to use it, basically EOL'ing it without actually coming out and saying it. He might as well say it's $100K and it's only active one hour a month.

:ROFLMAO:

[edit]

@Cmaier in at 12:15p vs. my 12:16p with the same thought.

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
I wonder if he keeps raising the price in order to convince people NOT to buy it, because he knows it will never work.
It does make it harder to justify buying it. Wonder if they are going to increase EAP pricing to keep it half FSD.

I haven't seen any 2022.16.3.10 (I don't wanna call it 10.69, lol) videos yet.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It does make it harder to justify buying it. Wonder if they are going to increase EAP pricing to keep it half FSD.

$7500 for EAP also seems pretty ridiculous to me, if they decide to do that.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Right, or keep it the same making it even a better, *cough*, "value" vs. FSD. Hahaha, if the plan is to just sink FSD, maybe they'll just make EAP free :D

Side note: these new EV companies are all nuts on the pricing, I saw today that Rivian nuked their base package, so now the entry price is $7500 higher (they said existing order holders could pay $5500 or request a refund).

I believe that moves Rivian out of even qualifying for the new federal EV plan (SUVs cut off at $80K). Oh just checked, the R1T (truck) without the larger battery, no options, is $79K now, so just slips in, I think, I don't recall how they classify trucks.

Last edited:

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
$7500 for EAP also seems pretty ridiculous to me, if they decide to do that.
Honestly I blame the folk that complained that EAP original 5k price was too much, cause back then FSD was only 3k and there was no talks (IIRC) of increasing the price until they started mucking with the pricing after all the "complaints".

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
Right, or keep it the same making it even a better, *cough*, "value" vs. FSD. Hahaha, if the plan is to just sink FSD, maybe they'll just make EAP free :D
I think Navigate on City Streets ("last" part of currently offered FSD) is worth something. I don't know if the latest version makes it worth a 3k price increase though. I won't be able to mess with it until they do the wider release in "two weeks".

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Honestly I blame the folk that complained that EAP original 5k price was too much, cause back then FSD was only 3k and there was no talks (IIRC) of increasing the price until they started mucking with the pricing after all the "complaints".
Basically, in reality it's $6K for the ability use your signal and auto lane change on the freeway (the only real usable feature). While it is a neat feature that worked great when I tested for a month, it's not even remotely worth that price IMO.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Basically, in reality it's $6K for the ability use your signal and auto lane change on the freeway (the only real usable feature). While it is a neat feature that worked great when I tested for a month, it's not even remotely worth that price IMO.
If you have to signal, why not just also look at the mirrors and turn the wheel slightly? The car doesn’t change lanes on its own?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
If you have to signal, why not just also look at the mirrors and turn the wheel slightly? The car doesn’t change lanes on its own?
Yes, all you do is put on the signal and the car will then move over when it's safe to pass and to it all autonomously and it's actually pretty slick. But it's not hard to do on your own as you say, signal, which allows you to break out with a slight nudge while maintaining CC without autosteer, then just move in and re-engage.

However, more recently I've just opted to push up and bail from the entire thing, pass on my own, then simply double tap to re-engage. It's just easier and quicker because the car takes so much longer in traffic on its own.

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
If you have a point of navigation entered the car does change lanes on it's own, if you have opted for that.

EDIT: I mean the car will initiate speed based lane changes without your intervention. To be honest I am not sure if you have to have a destination entered in the navigation for it to work. FSD Beta doesn't require it on city streets.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
If you have a point of navigation entered the car does change lanes on it's own, if you have opted for that.

EDIT: I mean the car will initiate speed based lane changes without your intervention. To be honest I am not sure if you have to have a destination entered in the navigation for it to work. FSD Beta doesn't require it on city streets.
No destination is necessary as I recall it, it's really just a feature for freeway driving when you enable autosteer.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
2022.24.5 starting to roll out :D

1661215520008.png

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Tire pressure in the OEM Tesla App V4.12.0, requires 2022.24 in the car :)

1661818726547.png

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
2022.24.5 starting to roll out :D

View attachment 16960

Disabling the sentry sound is a good option to add.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Woot! Got my 2022.24.5 this morning :D

Tire pressure in the OEM Tesla App V4.12.0, requires 2022.24 in the car :)

And there it is!

Some nice new functions, plus as always, some incremental improvements.