Electric Vehicles: Tesla specific talk, current firmware, purchasing, modifications

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
Speaking of FSD, read yesterday that Musk has decreed that all new deliveries are required to take a short test drive of FSD. If I bought a Tesla and, at delivery, instead of handing me the key they demanded that I have to put my life at risk letting a car with no true depth-perception try to crash me into a median, I would tell them to f- off and give me my money back.
It is def a double edged sword. I get that some folks don't understand how it works and having a demo would be good. I also understand that it isn't finished, nor has the government really said much (or maybe enough) about FSD.

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
FSD Price has dropped to 8k in the US. If you already have EAP it looks like 2K to upgrade.

Guess we are back to 2019 pricing... Wonder for how long.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
FSD Price has dropped to 8k in the US. If you already have EAP it looks like 2K to upgrade.

Guess we are back to 2019 pricing... Wonder for how long.
It will be interesting to see how many purchase it now that they've given everyone a free 30 day trial. I have played with it to see how much it's been upgraded over the last year and it's still a hard no from me, way too big brother. My observations so far:
  • Stays with the speed limit, you have to manually increase it by 5 MPH (seems the max it will go over) every time there is a new sign with a speed change. Extremely frustrating.
  • Cars behind you ride your ass with frustration because it cannot keep up with the flow of traffic.
  • Following distance is way too far, even on the smallest setting it seems like it's 10 or 12 car lengths.
  • Simply cannot handle heavy traffic, gets confused with lane changes, ghost breaking, etc. The driver must disengage fully to not appear like they're drunk.
  • Cannot take your eyes off the road for more than a few seconds without setting off alarms, making it so you disengage to look in your glove compartment or to grab something from a bag in the passenger's seat. Yes, you shouldn't be doing these things while. driving, but people DO all the time. As a result you're more likely to swerve in manual mode, the car should be assisting here.
  • When FSD is enabled you cannot use the single pull to engage ACC, which appears to be disabled completely so single or double pull have the same function of FSD only. Both should really be an option.
The bottom line is you have to babysit every step it takes while in FSD. I maintain that it's 100% pointless and far easier for you to simply drive it yourself. This is nowhere near ready for prime time.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Tesla spotted in Kenya

hccjd8s5vlwc1.jpeg