fast food joint tries to sell bacon to Muslims because – why would they do this?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
… wasn’t bathing on the regular considered a near pointless extravagance back then?

It is more their just a pointless extravagance these days, it has become a bit of a health problem for us. The human microbiome is a very complex ecosystem of bacteria which contribute to our survival, and casually wiping them out en masse is not a net positive. Proper hygiene is a good things and yes, the bugs on the surface make unpleasant smells, but what we do is terribly ercesswa, and we would probably all be better off getting used to smelling people rather than a wild array of flowery "hygiene" products.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
It is more their just a pointless extravagance these days, it has become a bit of a health problem for us. The human microbiome is a very complex ecosystem of bacteria which contribute to our survival, and casually wiping them out en masse is not a net positive. Proper hygiene is a good things and yes, the bugs on the surface make unpleasant smells, but what we do is terribly ercesswa, and we would probably all be better off getting used to smelling people rather than a wild array of flowery "hygiene" products.

I counter that with the life expectancy greatly increasing as people started bathing more frequently. I'm not suggesting it increased specifically because people started bathing, but it certainly didn't hurt, unless you are suggesting people would live to be 200 now if they dialed back the bathing.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
The person operating the fryer (which used to be me) has no access to bacon, so this claim seems…if you will…fishy.

Normally I would agree with this. But my wife will not eat bacon unless it is well done. I mean crispy.

And many restaurants, instead of just throwing it back on the griddle, throw it in the fryer. So there can be a legit reason it was back there.

And if I were wanting to do something horrible like this, I would have just rubbed it on the sandwich so no one was the wiser.

But this reminds me of a funny story. My daughter's swim team used to do lock-ins where the kids spent the night at the pool and watched movies, played games, etc. Then a couple of parents would show up and cook breakfast. One time they were cooking breakfast and a young Muslim girl (about 4) managed to get into the bacon. So she's holding a piece telling her mom that she loves bacon............

Top Bottom
1 2