FBI executed search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I thought they were appealing, is that off the table now or is this something they're doing in parallel?

Pretty sure they will still appeal so they can move forward with their investigation. If the judge allows them (DoJ) to use the government documents in their investigation immediately, they may allow the special master to go ahead without appeal, but if the documents are a part of the review, they’ll almost certainly appeal, as there was no legal reasoning for the judge to make that decision.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
So the Trump argument against the DoJ going through the government docs is by hinting that they may not be classified (without ever claiming that Trump declassified them).

They argue that these are just presidential records, and argue presidents have broad authority on what they consider “presidential records”. As if that gives a departing president absolute authority on what they can cart home with them.

So what? It’s still government property. You can’t declassify anything you want, deem them as “presidential records” and then take them,

My guess is they’re kicking the can down the road and using that flimsy excuse as an argument now, and will argue whether they are classified or not later on. However, we all know they weren’t declassified. It would make no sense and Trump would have tipped people off that he was stealing records.

They’re not his if they’re classified, and they aren’t suddenly his if they are. The lawyers and Trump may be digging themselves into a deeper hole with these claims they are making.

It’s a poor and easily-seen tactic. They say the government claims they are classified and refer to them in quotes as “classified documents”, but never actually argue Trump declassified them. They just say there’s a dispute over whether they are or not.

It’s not going to end well if they continue on this path, as his lawyers scrambling to make arguments for him gives the DoJ more material for their arguments.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
LOL NBC has video of all these golf carts running around the property, but no golfing..
Maybe he's picking out a spot to bury Marla Maples if she passes, possibly along with a bunch of classified documents, so he can get another tax break.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I really wonder what this is about... and what Kevin McCarthy will do with whatever he learns, too. He can be trusted about as far as I could throw a VW bus. And where are the rest of the gang usually in on something very sensitive?

CIA-related briefing would not be about USA citizens or issues, unless it's about some breach of our own methods or sources, or else about some bad guy from elsewhere who's popped up here somehow.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1569794882360999937/

lizkat

Reaction score
Hogan running an interesting thread.

btw re the E6 Mercury reference: Principal mission of the E-6 Mercury is to connect the national command authority with the US Navy nuclear missile force carried aboard at-sea ballistic missile submarines. The E-6 is a militarized version of the commercial 707 civilian airliner and carries a very low frequency communications system with dual trailing wire antennas.

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1569808353920184320/

lizkat

Reaction score
An update on the Russian retreat in Ukraine?

Could be. and if so, I'm posting about it in the wrong thread lol. Must be past my bedtime ...

EDIT: now people are saying the E6 would be about the fact that the Bidens made an unannounced trip to Delaware... probably to vote in the primary elections in person.

Not sure that required a SCIF briefing from the CIA though.

Last edited:

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Could be. and if so, I'm posting about it in the wrong thread lol. Must be past my bedtime lol.

Who knows...

The E6B is interesting. Hard to say if it's related - might be. They train a lot on the east coast.

Here's a pretty good real-time aircraft tracking site. If you want to see just govt/military aircraft, click on the "U" at the upper right corner of the map.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Could be. and if so, I'm posting about it in the wrong thread lol. Must be past my bedtime ...

EDIT: now people are saying the E6 would be about the fact that the Bidens made an unannounced trip to Delaware... probably to vote in the primary elections in person.

Not sure that required a SCIF briefing from the CIA though.
My guess is that the events in question was and unfortunate and uncomfortable coincidence. Bad timing.... Things like that make people jumpy.

On the other hand, would the CIA get involved if there was compromised top secret information confirmed in the hands of non authorized US personnel?

lizkat

Reaction score
My guess is that the events in question was and unfortunate and uncomfortable coincidence. Bad timing.... Things like that make people jumpy.

On the other hand, would the CIA get involved if there was compromised top secret information confirmed in the hands of non authorized US personnel?

Yeah I don't think the SCIF gig and the E6 circling around the skies tonight are related. Curious about the CIA briefing to just some of the intel gang of 8 though. Ranking member on house side missing, and does the Senate bunch get their own briefing or they're just not around?

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
To be clear, so far at least, the appeal is a motion to stay the lower court’s order. It’s not, technically, an appeal.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
To be clear, so far at least, the appeal is a motion to stay the lower court’s order. It’s not, technically, an appeal.
she really gave it to trump. even saying that there may be no classified documents and trump and c should be able to look at them all. well they better have the clearance for it then.

Top Bottom
1 2