Gavin Newsom taking more photo ops without a mask where they're required.

U

User.45

I gave up being outraged at stuff like this.

But again, the Republicans didn't make the mask rules, Newsom did. And then he violated his own order. That is a whole nother level of hypocrisy.
This is where you'd say something like "if you don't like this, vote him out."

Also, here's your 🏆🏆🏆 for the weighted Trump criticism, that took you to vote for him twice, LOL.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Just once, I'd love to see one of our politicians say "yeah, I messed up. I'm sorry. I'll try to do better next time."

I'm always left so disappointed.

for once I wish they wouldn’t do selfish crap.

All this “apologizing“ is a calculated move. Say/Do something controversial, supporters support what was done/said And opponents bash. Person apologizes and opponents happy. Win-win.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
After the first time one would think he would've learned his lesson but apparently not. It gives the impression he's just a bullshitter and doesn't practice what he preaches, I mean locally I've seen him speak down to those not wearing masks like they deserved to be shamed (and I was like 'Yeah, get 'em!') then he does this shit. SMH.

I don't want to see an apology, I just want him to knock it off.

U

User.45

After the first time one would think he would've learned his lesson but apparently not. It gives the impression he's just a bullshitter and doesn't practice what he preaches, I mean locally I've seen him speak down to those not wearing masks like they deserved to be shamed (and I was like 'Yeah, get 'em!') then he does this shit. SMH.

I don't want to see an apology, I just want him to knock it off.
Almost like people with antisocial and narcissistic personality disorder may be overrepresented in politics?!

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
This is where you'd say something like "if you don't like this, vote him out."

Also, here's your 🏆🏆🏆 for the weighted Trump criticism, that took you to vote for him twice, LOL.

I look at it as voting Against Hillary and Against Biden. I did not vote for him in the Primary.

Same as many votes Biden got in 2020 were not for Biden, but Against Trump.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
I look at it as voting Against Hillary and Against Biden. I did not vote for him in the Primary.

Same as many votes Biden got in 2020 were not for Biden, but Against Trump.

I hate this form of voting. This is naturally an extreme scenario on it but what if it was Hitler vs Stalin in an election, which one would you vote for? Either way both suck and are downright evil. Now Clinton/Biden vs Trump was not anywhere close to that kind scenario, but it highlights why I hate this form of voting. I hate Stalin more, so I will vote Hitler as a against Stalin vote even knowing what it means to vote for Hitler( this is not my real thoughts, but internal thinking one would go through in such a scenario).

How about voting third party? Write in? I know people hate that too and think that cost Hillary in 2016. No Hillary being a horrible candidate cost her 2016. It’s just an complete cluster it was Trump was on the winning side of it. This voting on lesser of two evils sort of deal leads us no where.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Reagan, Schwarzenegger, Newsom… not
I hate this form of voting. This is naturally an extreme scenario on it but what if it was Hitler vs Stalin in an election, which one would you vote for? Either way both suck and are downright evil. Now Clinton/Biden vs Trump was not anywhere close to that kind scenario, but it highlights why I hate this form of voting. I hate Stalin more, so I will vote Hitler as a against Stalin vote even knowing what it means to vote for Hitler( this is not my real thoughts, but internal thinking one would go through in such a scenario).

How about voting third party? Write in? I know people hate that too and think that cost Hillary in 2016. No Hillary being a horrible candidate cost her 2016. It’s just an complete cluster it was Trump was on the winning side of it. This voting on lesser of two evils sort of deal leads us no where.
Why do terrible candidates often win the party primaries?

D

Deleted member 215

Screw this guy, honestly. I certainly would never have voted to recall him as I didn’t want Larry fucking Elder as our governor but I’m really tired of hypocrisy on this issue especially. It's not as if I was under any illusions that most politicians don't have a "let them eat cake" attitude toward the people they supposedly serve, but when it's so blatantly in-your-face like it is with these people....maybe we need a successful recall to shake up the complacency of California Democrats.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Reagan, Schwarzenegger, Newsom… not

Why do terrible candidates often win the party primaries?

American people that get involved in voting are idiots combined with divisive messaging from the political parties, media, etc that don't focus on actual issues facing the country, but on fear.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
My main question is, does he know something the rest of us don't? I feel like it's been ages since we've heard anything about a roadmap to easing restrictions in CA or what it's based on. Sometimes I feel like we're going to be the last state in the country or possibly place on earth that is still wearing masks.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My main question is, does he know something the rest of us don't? I feel like it's been ages since we've heard anything about a roadmap to easing restrictions in CA or what it's based on. Sometimes I feel like we're going to be the last state in the country or possibly place on earth that is still wearing masks.
SF is about to lift the mask order completely. It's also one of the only major cities in the world to maintain such a low level of infections so these heightened measures have obviously worked, if they want to be last to remove them that's fine with me.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
SF is about to lift the mask order completely. It's also one of the only major cities in the world to maintain such a low level of infections so these heightened measures have obviously worked, if they want to be last to remove them that's fine with me.

Good news. But I can't afford to move to SF. ;)

Hopefully it will trickle down a little south shortly after.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
mask.jpg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Good news. But I can't afford to move to SF. ;)

Hopefully it will trickle down a little south shortly after.
Shit, come on out to the central valley, no masks, low vaccination rates and literally every other person has COVID. I go to SF when I want to feel safe.

D

Deleted member 215

Yes, I feel that way too, but it's not surprising that lawmakers are all over the place on this issue. There's still no clear answer as to what metric should be the guide (is it hospitalizations? is it new cases? it is deaths? is it vaccination rate?). Last summer the restrictions in California were relaxed until the delta variant arose. Here in San Mateo County, we have low transmission, high vaccination rates, and omicron is clearly on the wane yet no news of when or how restrictions will be lifted. Unfortunately I think some people do have a complacent "masks are forever" attitude.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Shit, come on out to the central valley, no masks, low vaccination rates and literally every other person has COVID. I go to SF when I want to feel safe.

That sounds like a complete nightmare. When I go to visit my parents in Hollister it's a real roll of the dice what the mentality is going to be at the business you walk into. "Comfort" probably isn't the right word here, but I guess there's something adjacent to that in knowing when you walk into a business in the central valley you are pretty much fucked.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes, I feel that way too, but it's not surprising that lawmakers are all over the place on this issue. There's still no clear answer as to what metric should be the guide (is it hospitalizations? is it new cases? it is deaths? is it vaccination rate?). Last summer the restrictions in California were relaxed until the delta variant arose. Here in San Mateo County, we have low transmission, high vaccination rates, and omicron is clearly on the wane yet no news of when or how restrictions will be lifted. Unfortunately I think some people do have a complacent "masks are forever" attitude.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that at least part of it is political in not wanting to get spikes that are worse than Florida or Texas. I think a lot of governors are writing the book in their head on how history will remember how they got covid right.

I guess if we are going to fall victim to that kind of brinksmanship it's good that we live in a state that is leaning more on the cautious side.

Top Bottom
1 2