RIP Gordon Lightfoot Dies

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen

gordon-lightfoot-10-songs.jpg
… his longtime publicist Victoria Lord … says Lightfoot died at a Toronto hospital on Monday evening. The cause of death was not immediately available.

"He is our poet laureate, he is our iconic singer-songwriter," said Rush singer Geddy Lee in the 2019 documentary Gordon Lightfoot: If You Could Read My Mind. "If there was a Mt. Rushmore in Canada, Gordon would be on it," said Tom Cochrane …

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This is sad news but he lived a nice long life. It's nice to see Geddy Lee showing him some love, just a couple of weeks ago I was listening to Gordon Lightfoot on shuffle and the song Don Quixote came up a couple of times and I thought about how similar to Rush's New World Man it was lyrically, made me wonder if that was inspiration for Neil Peart since they're both Canadian.

oldBCguy

Site Champ
Reaction score
I was very saddened by the news this morning. I know he will no longer be with us in person, but know as well, his songs, and their wonderful lyrics, will stay with us forever.
RIP Mr Lightfoot ..... I remember you once shared "an aching in your heart, via an early-morning rain" .... I feel an aching in my heart this morning.

Top Bottom
1 2