Guns are still America’s religion

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
For every person killed in a mass shooting we should bus in a pregnant immigrant from south of the border to have an anchor baby. Then watch the push from the right for more control legislation.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Shooter probably wasn't white gun nut, hence no one cares.

I saw plenty of coverage today. Here’s another I’m sure we’ll be hearing about…

KingOfPain

Site Champ
Reaction score
An Air National Guardsman tried to get a hitman job through the satirical Rent-a-Hitman site (I didn't want to start a new thread for this, and since he apparently wrote about his AR-15 "She's beautiful." I thought it should fit here):

First there is the leaker and now this guy. I guess the Air National Guard might have a personell problem...

KingOfPain

Site Champ
Reaction score
During speech at the NRA convention South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem proudly proclaims that her two-year-old granddaughter already owns a shotgun and a rifle:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
An Air National Guardsman tried to get a hitman job through the satirical Rent-a-Hitman site (I didn't want to start a new thread for this, and since he apparently wrote about his AR-15 "She's beautiful." I thought it should fit here):

First there is the leaker and now this guy. I guess the Air National Guard might have a personell problem...

Our military currently has a recruitment problem due to the fact that most Americans have woken up to the fact that our wars have more to do with protecting the wealth at the top than any real patriotism and then you get to come home with your brain scrambled and a shit support system. So guess what personality type still wants to sign up?

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
During speech at the NRA convention South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem proudly proclaims that her two-year-old granddaughter already owns a shotgun and a rifle:

Not being a member of any political party, I'm curious as to why it appears only one of the two major political parties owns and worships nut-jobbery?

Any theories?

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Mass shootings understandably garner the most attention, but this story highlights the problem of "only" one person being killed or injured by gunfire:

Just like Ralph Yarl's only transgression was knocking on the wrong door, Kaylin Gillis paid the ultimate price because the car she was riding in turned up a driveway by mistake. In neither case did the men who fired have reason to believe their life was in danger.

But, yeah, let's put guns into the hands of more people who are incapable of critical thinking when using deadly force.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
"But, yeah, let's put guns into the hands of more people who are incapable of critical thinking when using deadly force."

Meanwhile, in Texas:

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
"But, yeah, let's put guns into the hands of more people who are incapable of critical thinking when using deadly force."

Meanwhile, in Texas:

I came here to post the same article. Tragedies like this happen here because instead of making it harder to obtain guns, as most civilized countries do, we make it easier for people to carry them wherever they happen to be, ready to kill or injure. Punishing the perpetrators will do little or nothing, because acts like this aren't premeditated — they happen in the heat of the moment.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Meanwhile, in Texas:

In some states honest mistakes are now a capital punishment felony.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Tragedies like this happen here because instead of making it harder to obtain guns, as most civilized countries do, we make it easier for people to carry them wherever they happen to be, ready to kill or injure.

Yes... Sadly, slaughtered children have become an acceptable consequence of no-limitations gun ownership, by gun owners. And politicians who need their votes.

Though they'll never personally admit or own that.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I know not all 2nd amendment supporters are happy with lax gun laws and open carry, but for those who are they are, per usual, failing to see the bigger picture. You get to open carry. Yay you! But that also means so do the bad guys, and in this case bad guys being people who just disagree with you, be it in general or because they are having a bad day. Then somebody, maybe you, ends up getting shot and killed because you both feel threatened by the fact that you are both proudly displaying your love of guns and paranoia. Then depending on the state, they may completely get away with killing you for that reason. Then we have a million Hatfield and McCoy-style grudges. I’m far from a “think about the children” defender, but if that is the world you want your kids to live in then you truly are an asshole who unfortunately reproduced.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
What in the ever loving F...?

This isn't a gun issue as much as a What the hell is wrong with people issue. Yes, the gun made this easier, but how deranged must you be to even think this is OK, much less act on it.

I won’t disagree that people have become more unhinged over the years, but given the amount of people who are killed annually by guns in this country I think it’s safe to assume this type of thing has been going on for many years but the national news just didn’t bother to report on it until recently. It’s one thing to just report a large annual number but quite another to blast each incident nationally.

The right could counter by blanketing the news with good guy with a gun stories, but I don’t know how well that will go over contributing to the overall picture of a lot of people getting killed by guns.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
What in the ever loving F...?

This isn't a gun issue as much as a What the hell is wrong with people issue. Yes, the gun made this easier, but how deranged must you be to even think this is OK, much less act on it.
I agree there must be something seriously wrong with a man who would shoot his neighbors because a ball rolled into his yard, but that's cold comfort to the victims. As I wrote in the Andrew Lester mug shot thread, it's the ready availability of guns that made it possible for Mr. Singletary to react as he did. In past years, he might have yelled or maybe tried to fight the dad, but now it's immediate escalation to deadly force. Until we as a country recognize the danger posed by unfettered gun ownership, nothing will change, and people will die or be injured needlessly. It's a public health problem.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
We're debating legislation keeping unhinged people from getting guns in the first place, but what about the people who were perfectly fine when they got their guns years or decades ago and then become unhinged? What's in place for that?

Actually, in probably more cases than not gun purchasers were perfectly fine when they got their gun and then life started kicking them in the balls because that's just what life does for most people as they get older.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I agree there must be something seriously wrong with a man who would shoot his neighbors because a ball rolled into his yard,

Yes. You are supposed to protect your neighbors. Especially children. I would protect the two girls across the street as if they were my own. This guy never should be allowed to breath free air again.

Top Bottom
1 2